The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

Bernadette August 16, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I was so sad to see the show end like that, I do hope the show will get a new season five, come on fox,renew it.

david August 13, 2014 at 9:06 pm

It’s a joke to think that they’re taking one of two shows I watch on A&E, Longmire being the other. Don’t they have enough stupid reality shows on they’re network. What are they going to replace it with Honey booboo’s two headed cousin? I hope they don’t cancel it that would be a shame.

Mcrossman August 13, 2014 at 7:18 pm

I have really enjoyed the Glades. I was pretty surprised to read there is no season 5. The first nite, I watched 6 episodes and watch several a day. Finishing up the 3rd season I knew there was a season four. Why would anyone take off a great series like this? It’s different, serious and funny. Who wouldn’t like the love story? So don’t take it off leaving us to wonder what will happen to Jim and Callie.

Debbie August 12, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I sure hope season 5 of The Glades is on…love the show and was saddened by how season 4 ended…there has to be more please

Melissa August 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I just finished season 4 on Netflix. Theres no way this can be done without finishing up the marriage and finding out what happened to Jim. I’m so frustrated right now!

Leslie Anderson August 11, 2014 at 9:16 am

Season 5 is an absolute must!!!!!! At the very least send directly to Netflix. My family and I watch it there and this is a horrible way to end this show!!! I might not watch anymore of your shows if this is how shows are going to end. This is very disappointing!!!!

Anonymous August 10, 2014 at 7:26 pm

The show was great. Please please bring it back.

Anonymous August 9, 2014 at 8:29 pm

What the Hell!!! How can you leave the ending like that and not renew for another season… That Sucks!!!!