The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

Ginny May 23, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Just had whiplash from the final episode of “The Glades”. So let’s make up The Glades series to find the shooter. Either way I believe the ending was a crime.

Laura May 22, 2015 at 12:14 am

What a terrible waste! Such a terrific show and cast, with apparently a loyal following, and toend in such an abrupt manner. To viewers are certainly the losers.
Another season to tie up loose ends is the least you can offer.

Sharon Sifuentes May 16, 2015 at 6:03 am

I did not find The Glades until I stumbled across it on Netflix. I watched season one to season four every chance I had. I cannot believe that they will leave viewers hanging at the end. I have been anxiously waiting for season five., and now I hear it is CANCELLED? It makes me want to just watch movies that have a conclusion instead of the series that have cliffhangers that leave the viewer hanging forever! So disappointed!

Marty May 15, 2015 at 5:38 pm

I dont understand why we, the fans, were left hanging!!!!! Bring back the show and give us CLOSURE!!!!!

Amanda Jacobs May 10, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Bring back The Glades!!! :)

Tennessee May 7, 2015 at 8:15 am

So RUDE!!!! I have watched every eposiode and every season, on Amazon, and to be left hanging… well it just stinks! I would love some closure. PLEASE!!
Such a great show to watch, thanks for the 4 seasons, but could you please give us an ending..?!

Em May 5, 2015 at 10:52 am

I was devastated! How could you keep us hanging after season 3?

Julee May 3, 2015 at 2:26 am

I didn’t have a chance to watch this awesome series on A&E, it wasn’t in my cable package. However, I discovered it on Netflix..hallelujah! I’m with some of you other fans, what’s with these network decision makers? It all boils down to money…greedy jerks! Some of the stupidest shows get higher ratings than good ones like “The Glades” and “Longmire” , I think that is a reflection on our society, it’s ridiculous!
The Longmire series is fantastic and was also cancelled by A&E after 3 seasons. Multitudes of fans reacted in anger, so Netflix has picked it up for a 4th season. I was notified by Netflix that the 3rd season was now available last night I watched the whole thing non-stop, it’s like a good book you can’t put down! Maybe if enough of us in society let these corporate bigwigs know that there is a market for these good shows, Netflix could pick “The Glades” up too. I’m crossing my fingers!!!