The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

Linda Christensen August 30, 2014 at 3:24 am

OMG. I just finished watching all four seasons on Netflix and I was stunned with the ending of the last episode. Of course, I immediately did an internet search to see when season 5 would begin to air. I cannot begin to express how VERY DISAPPOINTED I was to find out the series has been cancelled. This is such a great series and leaving the viewers hanging at the end is just wrong. I hope someone has the ability to convince the producers to re-think their decision and bring the series back. It is better than any of the other similar programs on air like NCIS, Hawaii 5 o and other such series. PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE bring it back.

christy August 26, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I just finished watching the series on Amazon Prime. I was so sad at the end of the last show, even shed a few tears. I was expecting to be able to go on to the next season only to find out that was it. I then did a search online, looking to see if season 5 was available on DVD or anywhere else, I was willing to pay to watch it. I am very disappointed to learn that it may have been canceled. Please bring it back. I much prefer to watch a scripted show than all the so called reality shows. I love the characters even though it is little quirky and predictable at times. I am dying to know how it turns out, who shot Jim, will him and Callie get married? where’s Ray? what’s up with her sister? what about Jims parents? and who is Callie’s mom? … there are so many unanswered questions.

Diane August 26, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I am not one to get upset with TV shows…but because I am retired I depend on TV series…I can’t get into Breaking Bad or any of those…Can’t believe I cannot continue to see this!!!!

Dan August 26, 2014 at 12:13 am

I just watched the last episode on Netflix after watching all of them in order. Initially, I was rather interested in the show but felt as time went on it became lamer and lamer. Highly predictable, formulaic script. Had feel a bit like Bones but not as good. I found the more I watched the less interested and intrigued I was by the murder plots. The show insulted my intelligence with its shameful product plugs — not everyone drives a Kia — or wants to, no matter how many time the camera zooms in on the particular features of the vehicle. I admit to being interested in the romance between Jim and Callie (sp) but often their story was neglected and I felt their relationship at times went in directions that just did not make sense. Overall, I thought it was a very mediocre show with a few bright spots but not enough of them.

BARBARA WASILESKI August 24, 2014 at 9:13 pm

i cant believe you just let series end with him being shot and not letting anyone know
if her survived or not. i think you should have him being saved and they get married and then as we say ride off in the sunset.i think ray did it , trail cover up fact he was in area.
i really liked it dont seem to know a good show when you have it. take off good shows
and keep junk on.

Dan August 26, 2014 at 12:15 am

Yes, it is irritating but I am not surprised. I suspect when the season 4 finale was made, they planned on being back for season 5.

mickey August 24, 2014 at 8:37 pm

The Glades is one of my favorite shows and I am VERY disappointed the show has been cancelled!! I have been waiting from the end of Season 4 to now for the new season to start and just saw this website saying it’s been cancelled. I am not happy!! The Glades is a great show!! Please bring it back!!!!!

Ryan August 23, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Just finished watching season 4 on netflix. I was really looking forward to finding out who shot Jim. I’m thinking it was Callie’s mother-in-law. Too bad!

Julie August 22, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Just finished watching the series on Netflix. LOVED this show! At least wrap this up with a 2-hour finale where Daniel solves the crime. Who shot Jim? My thought- the agent who kept Jim in the know of Ray ‘s whereabouts. Plus he knew about the new house…and told Jim the neighborhood was free and clear of anyone related to Ray. Bad form to end it like this.