The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

819 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Mel Matheson says

Please, at least do a special show or movie resolving the cliffhanger ending to a few million faithful viewers of The Glades. We would love to see what the writers had in mind for season 5. Jim was a colorful character that deserves a happy ending! Please!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mitzi says

This show was cancelled over a year ago. The way it was allowed to end was brutally unfair to fans but there is no chance of there ever being a series finale since all the actors have long since moved on to other projects.

2. Jill says

Just found this show on Netflix and it’s my new favorite show ever! Can’t believe it’s been canceled. Love all the characters.

3. Sindre says

Hey. I want a season 5 so much! i hate watch so long on a series and just boom! bad ending… its so wrong .

4. carolyn wilson says

I cant believe you ended this series like this….why do you people always want to reck someones wedding like that…hate that anyhow….loved the show resent the ending …. love the romance and comedy mixed with the plot of murder….much like castle but they fixed their mess… guess castle will remain my number one show…this sow could have gone a long way I love the cast….all of them…

5. Katie says

This has shocked me! What a let down and that would make me think twice before ever starting another Series On A&E.

6. Viv says

I watched this show the first 3 seasons and missed the 4th. I finally found it on Neflix & watched it from beginning of Season 1 to the end,. Please finish!!!!

7. Patty Gia says

I have been watching this show on Netflix and wish they would bring it back,, Never had heard of it before, It’s a great show,,,,

8. tracy says

The glades is one of the few decent shows A&E had to offer, cant believe they cancelled season 5 yet still play all the no minded reality shows

9. says

I just watch the first episode and continue watching until the , last episode. now I wish I would have known about this when it first came out I was told about it and watched it on Netflix I think it would be great to continue to watch on it.

10. Bob says

Please bring the Glades back. Just discovered it on Netflix. It is an awesome show. The mix of comedy and drama is perfect.