The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

Simone Mills July 20, 2014 at 10:46 pm

No, no, no. This is no good . The guy is bleeding out ,on his wedding day ,in the house he bought for his wife to be has always dreamed about. Fox /A&E , u have enough great shows that bring u bank! I have lost 20% of my salary since 2008 , thanks to assholes like u who only think about ur bottom line ! U people in those boardrooms who decide what goes
and what doesn’t , own 80% of everything in the world ! Give us Season 5!

Angela July 20, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I love this show! I want season 5 too! I hate it when shows end that way. One more season to find his shooter, marry them and he can retire! End the show there instead of his bride being left at the alter and he’s bleeding to death in the new house. We as fans deserve a ending not a cliffhanger leaving it open when plans to put a season 5 out was stopped :( not happy at all

Tammy July 20, 2014 at 9:38 pm

There have been several really good TV series that just END- get cancelled, with no closure or real ending – I absolutely loved this show The Glades, and to not have a Final Season? How is it that we have all these TV “Reality ” TV shows with people who have absolutely NO TALENT, yet their shows stay on season after season? Ridiculous

Patricia A. Houston July 20, 2014 at 10:07 am

What are you people thinking of not letting the devoted fans of The Glades see if Jim lived and if he and Callie ever got married. After all they been through to finally be together this is bullshit I’m tired of networks ending shows like this you people have a lot of nerves no brains of course. I hate it when you do stupid ass shit like this. I’m mad as hell I have been waiting for Season 5 so that I could find out what happened.

Karen Hickey July 20, 2014 at 2:35 am

Ridiculous to leave the fans hanging with no closure to the show. There needs to be a 5th season!

may July 19, 2014 at 12:19 pm

What!!! I just finished the season and you can’t even give us a good ending!!! Horrible people!!!

Michele July 19, 2014 at 6:58 am

I loved this show please do season 5

Renia July 18, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Are you kidding me? Don’t do this!!!!

Mark July 18, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Are you fucking kidding me no season five the series was kickin im sorry about the language but im pissed

Kay Johansen July 18, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Come on A & E. Who’s in charge there? I’m through with you. I will do all that I can to discourage my friends and family from ever watching anything on your stupid channel. This isn’t the first time you’ve left loyal supporters hanging. at least you could have finished the show with a decent finale.