The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

CAROL March 24, 2015 at 9:03 pm

TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTED THERE WILL BE NO SEASON 5. WOULD LIKE TO SEE JIM AND CALLIE TOGETHER THEN MORE DETECTIVE WORK ON SHOW BUT CALLIE HAPPY IN HER HOUSE.

Peter March 23, 2015 at 6:54 am

BOO, HISS!!! Bring it BACK!!! Loved the character development and repartee! :-(

Yomary March 18, 2015 at 8:07 am

very pissed had I known the network was cancelling the show I would have never got caught up in it. Leaving it on a cliffhanger is wrong and very disappointing.

Ralf Fischer March 16, 2015 at 12:10 pm

The Glades was a great show! Always a good laugh, what very piss poor way toed it for all of us fans. Bring it back for season five please! Give us a better ending!!!!

John Chambers March 16, 2015 at 1:49 pm

These programme makers dont give a sh*t about us viewers.their only concern is MONEY.What we can do though is vote with our feet this lot produce lots of other programmes on various Channels.Look them up on line then give them the elbow.This might let them know that we punters can bring them down just as easily as giving them a boost.If some of their current shows start loosing viewers it may just give them a wake up call.

Marilyn March 15, 2015 at 8:16 pm

How can you decide to cancel a series 2 weeks AFTER the season finale? And with a cliffhanger to boot! I only have basic cable and watched the series through Netflix. As a viewer, I am extremely disappointed to have invested so much time and energy “connecting” with the characters, only to be left hanging with the story line.

Michelle March 14, 2015 at 11:23 pm

John Chambers March 12, 2015 at 7:29 pm

just goes to show these makers dont give a s**t for the viewers.Wont be watching any other series they make, thats for sure.

John Chambers March 12, 2015 at 7:24 pm

If the makers of this series dont make a follow up one things for certain. I will never ever watch anything else they make and will advise family, friends and the World to do likewise.What a bunch of misfits. Just goes to show these types dont give a **** for the viewers.

Jo March 5, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Loved the show. Very upset that it was cancelled. How can they leave it ending like that? Very wrong.

Brenda February 27, 2015 at 10:34 pm

This stinks. I love this show. I can’t believe they cancelled it.

Dee February 27, 2015 at 9:07 pm

I just finished watching season 4 on my kindle. I ENJOYED the show very much and I’m very disappointed that it ended on such a cliff hanger. How kind of the network to do this to fans of the show.

jim March 5, 2015 at 5:49 pm

very disappointed that the show has been cancelled. It was a great show and one that
should be continued.