The Leftovers: Season One Ratings

The Leftovers TV show ratingsThe television business is a tough one with few TV shows surviving to see a second season. Will The Leftovers on HBO be one of the lucky ones? Will it be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned.

Based on the bestselling novel by Tom Perrotta, The Leftovers follows what happens when 2% of the world’s population abruptly vanishes without explanation. The remaining population struggles to come to terms with what it means to be left behind.

The large cast includes Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Chris Zylka, Margaret Qualley, Emily Meade, Max Carver, Charlie Carver, Annie Q, Chris Eccleston, Liv Tyler, Carrie Coon, Ann Dowd, Michael Gaston, and Amanda Warren.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

8/13 update: HBO has renewed The Leftovers for a second season.

What do you think? Do you like The Leftovers TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for season two?

Terry gillen August 19, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I felt the same way at first I only kept watching because the acting was very good and curiosity I am glad I did it is getting good now they finally let us know what the GR’s goal is they want to be martyr’s at the hands of the people in the community. They feel like people have forgotten the event that happened in oct. but when one one of them get killed people don’t forget. I have to say this actor Justin Theroux is a very good actor I don’t know why we haven’t more of him in the past plus he is a very nice looking guy. The last episode really answered a lot of questions about what was going on I am now hooked.

april August 18, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I love this show. The acting is terrific, the writing is terrific, and it disturbs the hell out of me. I’m just as confused as they are. The temptation to read the book and find out what’s going on is a battle. I fluctuate between loving some of the characters and hating them.
And the Guilty Remnants, somebody get the nets. Like I said, I ‘m as confused as these citizens. I’m involved, and that doesn’t happen very often.
This show needs at least another season.

Billy August 18, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Please cancel it, put it out of its misery.

dave August 18, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Cancel it! Impressive cast but the series doesn’t make any sense.

Jennifer August 17, 2014 at 11:53 pm

I loved it! At first I was king of on the fence, but it still has the curiosity factor. Who are the GR and why do they pick certain people? Why are the “certain two people” going crazy, what did the dogs see, why is there so many pregnant women and which child is “the bridge” and what is “he” for???? It’s driving me crazy! I will say this though, if they don’t reveal a little more information soon, it will lose it’s luster. Many people have become disinterested because there hasn’t really been a any explanations. Then again, I haven’t read the book( which I should and want to) so maybe there’s a lot more to it. So excited for season two, hope it comes out soon!

Bethany August 15, 2014 at 9:04 am

I have watched every episode, and know many who are watching also. I have to say, the disjointed storylines are likely going to drive viewers away from the show however. Trying to explain it to people who have not watched yet is proving to be difficult. And trying to explain why someone would join the “Guilty Remnant” because they lost someone, when they still had kids at home to raise??? Well that is downright impossible. The show is good, it is no True Blood, but not bad. I just don’t know how many seasons they can squeeze out of the storyline premise.

Jonah August 12, 2014 at 1:47 pm

This show is fantastic. It’s not for everyone but solid writing, acting and beautiful music.

honeybunn August 12, 2014 at 9:46 am

I love the leftovers and I hope it is renewed. Justin theroux is great in his role. He needs to act in more roles. He is great.

Michael August 11, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Cancel this awful, dreary, unlikeable, smug show NOW!

Randy August 11, 2014 at 6:22 pm

This show makes me wish I was one of the 2%. It is perhaps the worst show t0 ever air on HBO, Showtime, Starz and even TBS!!!

carly August 11, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I’m hooked. Hope they renew it because I don’t think it can all be told in just the few episodes that are left. Loved when Nora hosed the Guilty Remnant. And what’s up with Garvey Sr. and the Mayor?

Jeri August 11, 2014 at 5:01 pm

I absolutely LOVE this show and I don’t understand why it is getting so many bad reviews, have you watched every episode? The first few episodes were confusing of course and after episode 7 you are still confused about some things but it is coming together and I feel invested in the main characters. I hate when each episode ends and can’t wait til next Sunday to see what will happen next. I find it very thought provoking, what would society do all of a sudden 2% of the population disappeared, how would you go on if your loved ones were gone with no explanation? I for one will be very disappointed if they don’t renew for season 2. It’s different and original, with a great cast what more do you want? Of course you can go watch mindless sitcoms or so call “reality” TV or you can try to wrap you mind around something that makes you think a little. Just my opinion but I don’t think this show is getting a fair chance.

Mike August 10, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Man, this show is a total piece of poop.