Army Wives: Catherine Bell Hints about Season Seven

Army Wives season seven?It looked like Army Wives might be coming to an end after six seasons. Now, it turns out that last night’s cliffhanger season ending might be a good sign for season seven.

Series star Catherine Bell has noted that, while Army Wives hasn’t been cancelled, it hasn’t been renewed yet either. Via her Twitter account, Bell said that the cast and crew filmed two endings for the season six finale which was filmed in June. Presumably one that would wrap up the show and another that would serve as a cliffhanger to lead into season seven.

Though Army Wives hasn’t been renewed, Bell hints that it’s “kind of a good sign” that Lifetime went with the cliffhanger ending instead of the tidy one.

If the Lifetime show does indeed come back, you can be sure that Bell will be a part of it. The actress signed a new two year deal with the studio back in May. It potentially commits her to two more seasons of the show and gives her a significant salary increase.

Who else would be returning? That seems to be up in the air since none of the other original Army Wives castmembers have contracts now that season six is over. If Lifetime wants them back, they’ll have to renegotiate salaries and that will presumably drive production costs.

That may explain why so many characters were left in jeopardy in the sixth season finale. If deals can’t be reached, Army Wives could return with several new faces. We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.

What do you think? Do you think Army Wives will return for a seventh season? If some in the cast don’t return, who would you miss the most? The least?

Susan November 8, 2013 at 11:55 am

Please bring it back. Fan since the beginning. Very good show
Not a fan of BS she didn’t seem to fit in.

Phyllis H. Albree June 11, 2013 at 8:40 am

I was a Regular Army wife for nearly 25 years. My husband and I watch the show each time it is on Lifetime. It is a realistic show with terrific actors. The story line is realistic. Please do not cancel.

Tarena Hanson June 9, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Plz plz keep Army Wives for Addtl seasons. It takes a bit to grasp or embrace the new women. But I have because the situation is real. I have tears of compassion &/or join every episode. It is a series that my husband (formally Air Force) will watch together. Which is so so rare these days of CSI, The Revolution, etc that is just junk tv to me. Army wives is real life. Don’t cancel a decent & fantastic show !!!

Doris Elkins May 16, 2013 at 8:45 am

Please don’t replace Army Wives with another reality show. Army Wives is one of the most moving & realistic tv series on air. Last weeks story brought me to tears. Not many shows can do that. As for the actors–I can’t think of a one that I would want to take off or replace. They all do a spectacular , realistic job………

Gayle Alfriend February 23, 2013 at 12:48 am

Please please bring it back I watched that show every week I love the show and all the characters HOPE THERE ARE MORE SEASONS TO COME

Robin January 27, 2013 at 6:51 pm

really hope its not over. its my favorite t.v. show. I watched every episode on net flix also. its nice not to watch something besides cop shows and army wives is real life stuff. the bond between the women and Roland is refreshing. I have laughed and cried with them all 6 seasons. its as if they became my friends. keep it going

Janet January 25, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Cindy doesn’t know what she is talking about, If you don’t care for it then TURN THE CHANNEL because there are more of us who absolutly LOVE this show and ALL the original players. they help us relate to what the military wives are going through and to truly appreciate everything these wives and husbands go through everyday. so how can people like Cindy be so calus and incensitive to what ARMY WIVES is trying to give us every week. like I said, IF you don’t like it then turn the TV but LEAVE one of the best shows on TV on so those of us who support what these women are going through can be t here every week and in front of our TV’S and be there for them in the only way we can. We need to be part of what they are going through and this is the only way we can sooooo PLEASE don’t listen to people like Cindy but to the rest of us who do LOVE THIS SHOW.

Brenda Stewart January 20, 2013 at 12:02 am

I truly love “Army Wives”. I’m not a military wife but I love the storyline and the truths of friendship and hardships that each family has suffered. Catherine Bell is one of my favorite actresses!! She has a quality within that she puts into her character no matter what part she is playing. Kim Delany and Roxy – I just love all of them – Roland and his wife- and their struggles- everything is so down to earth and just makes me want to reach out and give each one of them a hug for all their goings and comings. The ladies and gentleman that began the story have really made it a program that I don’t miss! Can’t wait to see Season 7!!!

Trudi T January 6, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Hoping and praying the cast will remain as is. This show is so inspiring and has shown many what true friendship is. Being there for one another through the worst of times, not just the best. It helps people like me, who never got to serve, have better understanding of life in the Army. My brothers served and I feel this program keeps it real. Please don’t take Army Wives off the air. I’m so glad you left episode 6 as a cliff hanger. I do like some of the new characters (like, Roxy’s new partner) and love the old ones too. Hope Claudia Joy returns…I missed her this past season.
Trudi

stanley henion January 5, 2013 at 1:51 pm

i really want to see army wives continue and i wish catherine bell would stay
in south carolina i am 81yrs young and wish i could meet her person i was suppose to meet her at a jag convention when she starred in jag but it was cancelled back in 2001

Barb Pinegar December 31, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Are you serious?? How could they even think about cancelling the Army Wives series?!!!!
I absolutely love this show and all its cast members. I look forward to sunday evenings just because I know it is going to be on. It is so true to life and I became hooked on it in the very beginning. The characters are so easy to fall in love with. I would have a difficult time choosing my favorite…I love them all!!!!! Please give this wonderful series a lot of consideration before you make any decisions. It would truly be missed if you decide to cancel it.

Thanks so much,
Barb

Fiona November 12, 2012 at 5:44 am

I am a New Zealand military wife of 30 years and I absolutely love Army Wives..I can relate to it so well and hope it returns next season

Anonymous October 31, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Army wives has too return, i love you guys!!! im an army wife myself!! i learn so much from watching them!! please lifetime bring them back, i dont wana see new faces, it wont be the same

Valentina October 24, 2012 at 4:00 pm

They can’t cancel it after the season 6 finale! There are a lot of unfinished items, and it can’t end like that! Plus, they can’t just take Claudia Joy out! It woud be the worst

Cindy October 17, 2012 at 6:26 pm

As much as I hate to admit it, it is time for Army Wives to be cancelled. I have been a very loyal fan over the years but the past two seasons have definetely been on the downhill slide. They are out of story lines and haven’t found the right people to replace the original stars. The current group just doesn’t click. If you don’t believe me, go back and watch seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4. They were well written and made us laugh (and cry) and left us wanting more. Not so much in seasons five and six.