Beauty and the Beast: Premiere Ratings

premiere ratings for Beauty and the BeastLast night, The CW unveiled their new Beauty and the Beast TV series. Were the ratings beastly (like its reviews) or beautiful (like its leads)?

On Beauty and the Beast, a young and beautiful homicide detective comes face-to-face with the beastly man who saved her life years earlier. From the shadows, he helps her solve crimes while she helps him stay hidden. The cast includes Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, and Austin Basis.

Airing opposite the Vice Presidential debate on all four other networks, Beauty and the Beast’s first episode attracted a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.16 million total viewers. It was last in its timeslot in both categories.

Year-to-year, compared to The Secret Circle’s premiere in the same post-Vampire Diaries timeslot, the network was on par in the demo and up slightly in viewership (vs 3.05 million).

This was a very promising start for the new series but it’s important to remember that, while Secret Circle also had a positive start, its ratings slid over the course of the season and was cancelled in May. The same could happen to Beauty and the Beast.

What do you think? Did you watch Beauty and the Beast last night? Will you be watching next week? Live, via DVR, on-demand or online?

tabicat May 9, 2013 at 12:21 am

hi there i really love this show i hope to god that they bring on season 2 this is the best show i have wacth for a long time so i hope they dont cut it :}

Katrina April 4, 2013 at 1:13 pm

We Finland beasties love this show so much!This Great TV-show deserves a second season indeed!

Johanna March 15, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I watched and loved Beauty and the Beast from the 80’s and I love and never miss an episode of this new Beauty and the Beast. It’s a definite KEEPER.

Ivette February 2, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I love this show. I always see it, I cant miss it. I am a grandmother and when I watch
the show I fell great. I am their # 1 fan

B&B fan December 19, 2012 at 1:04 am

Always looking forward to watch the show on Thursdays! Great hour of TV entertainment. It’ll be very disappointing if it cancels!!!

kasi December 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm

i hope it stays honestly for you guys in the 80’s so what get out of that time this is the 21st freaking century its dominated by teens so excuse them for trying to appeal to the younger generation (no offence if your an adult who loves beauty and the beast, if your an adult who likes beauty and the beast then in my book your counted as a teen) if you dont like the show then how abotu, oh, i dont know, not watching it????

kasi December 11, 2012 at 6:39 pm

i am head over heels in love with this show AND OBSESSED if the cansel ill be so sad ill just go into a state of depression

Mitch November 17, 2012 at 5:08 am

I love it! Can’t wait to see the next episode. It’s getting better and better.. :P

Paris November 8, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I really love the show. I love the characters and the chemistry between the main characters. I love the fresh story line to the show; please keep it on the air!

aimee November 4, 2012 at 11:12 am

Love this show so much!!!!!

Natalie October 26, 2012 at 3:23 am

I AM COMPLETELY INLOVE WITH THIS SHOW !! It meets my standard 100% and i don’t know about all about you guys but JAY RYAN IS AMAZZING !! his vioce has to be the most seductive thing ive heard in my life <3