Continuum: Season Three Ratings

continuum09Last season, Continuum’s ratings were slightly higher than they had been in season one. Will they continue to grow or will they fall in season three? Will this Syfy series be renewed for a fourth season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned!

Continuum revolves around a female police officer (Rachel Nichols) from the present who gets caught up in a conflict based in the year 2077. The cast also includes Victor Webster, Erik Knudsen, Stephen Lobo, Roger Cross, Lexa Doig, Tony Amendola, Omari Newton, Luvia Petersen, Jennifer Spence, and Brian Markinson.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

For comparisons: The second season of Continuum averaged a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.2 viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Continuum TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Starohan July 24, 2014 at 8:46 am

May be the best and clever made tv series in all time of the tv, it will be shame if there is no continuum anymore!

Maplefudge July 20, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Please bring Continuum back! Not only is the best show on TV, I work on it and I have to pay my rent!

BethW July 14, 2014 at 1:38 pm

All this BS about ratings. Does that include the huge number of people with DVRs? With my job, what would I do without TiVo? Please don’t cancel. I’m on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next.

Nick July 20, 2014 at 8:36 am

I hope Continuum returns for another season – best show out there, without a doubt.

Elvis T Beagle July 10, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I buy each season of Continuum on Blu Ray. I will not pay for cable as with a new huge decline in cable, dish and or pay TV. It is 99 percent garbage. Each person has favorites. Mine are Sy-Fy, BBC, HBO, FX, Showtime, AMC, Cinemax and a couple of more TV shows. NOT their movies. The new bold Canadian Sy FY with American- Euro Pulp fiction quality of Ideas and script writing, production is better than almost any movie made in the last 10 years. Movies now are IMAX 3d thrill rides void of any quality. TV is tight on budget which allows the scripts to do al the “heavy lifting”. Stories about the “human condition” in at times in the most extreme and or bizarre situations. Last is these shows always sell at Best Buy, Amazon and other stores to very well. And if the DVD- Blu Ray is released the day of the last episode, that would all but stop bootlegging. I the ratings are a joke with Tivo, DVD recording, free viewings on special sites. You are making money. And can be making much more. Your revenue source is directly from the consumer of Digital and Physical Media. Does Serenity, Star Trek, Dr Who ring any bells?

Kua July 10, 2014 at 7:43 pm

My wife and I are avid followers of Continuum. It’s filled a tremendous void in SyFi’s programming and as far as we’re concerned season 4 is a must have. We have to wonder, what would happen if Kellogg were to succeed in changing the outcome of the alternative timeline Kiera is currently in. Maybe the good guys work with the bad guys to create a healthy society. We also have to wonder if the writers are cleaver enough to fold Kiera back into the timeline the show originated in. Either way it appears impossible for Keira to get back to a timeline that brings her back with to her family, as she knew it.

Ultimately, our bottom line . . . Keep those episodes of Continuum coming!

nigel fenlon July 10, 2014 at 6:57 pm

I absolutely love this show its been a great escape from the usual syfy I watch I didn’t even know it existed until I found it on an app on my tablet allowing me to stream all three seasons back to back and from the very first episode I was glued I even stayed up a whole night because I couldn’t put the tablet down I had to know what happened next and after watching the last episode of season 3 I wish I had a time machine myself a)to find out your decision and b) to find out what happens next I have to know what those lads are that turned up in response to the beacon are they machines that can’t be influenced or beaten up in a martial arts fight or are they men in futuristic armour and who is the man in the Vail is it Kellogg I HAVE TO KNOW! ! So please please please make the future bright and make a fourth season even if its to tie up all the loose ends you brought it this far you can’t stop now it got to much potential I mean its about time travel, technology and greed the story lines are endless now when you have something like that there’s a potential to make gold, this the alchemy of television programming.
Yours sincerely Nigel fenlon

Darth Fugue July 8, 2014 at 5:46 am

Hell, Yeah — this show should, definitely, be RENEWED!

It’s like “a kid, that’s going through the TERRIBLE TWO’s” — only, in this case, it was Season 3!

Instead of IMMEDIATELY SCRAPPING a show, because it had a “Horrible” Season, they should be given a “Turn-Around” Season, to either get the show “back-on-track”, or to “Tie-Up-Loose-Ends” — we don’t want another “Firefly” debacle…!

Mike Riordan July 8, 2014 at 9:41 am

I do so agree with Darth. Continuum was the one show in a long time that I felt compelled to watch. I couldn’t wait for the next episode or season. Even season 3 had some really good episodes at the start. I would hate to see the series go the way of Firefly.

Certainly the season 3 ending lends itself to moving to a different timeline where the mistakes can be repaired.

Mike Riordan July 7, 2014 at 7:06 am

Looking back over season 3, I find that I am terribly disappointed. So much was promised, but in my opinion the 3rd season falls far short of expectations. It seems that the writers of season 3 abandoned seasons 1 and 2, changed the story’s point of view, forgot about character development, and lost any sense of relevance to our time or the future. I hope that if a season 4 is commissioned, that the writers return to the quality and continuity that seasons 1 and 2 offered. For me, season 3 was that BAD movie that you hope will get better but never does. It’s as if they lost the writers from the first two seasons and hired some kids who develop video games to write season 3.

For seasons 1 and 2 the narrative was from Kiera’s perspective with episodes starting with the dialogue “2077, my time, my city, my family…” but this was abandoned for season 3. In seasons 1 and 2 the flashbacks to the future were basically through Kiera’s eyes. The audience had developed an interest in Kiera’s husband and son and Vancouver in the future and the decision that older Alec made to lead the world down “it’s dark path.”. We had questions about Escher and Alec’s family in the past that led to Escher disappearing from Alec’s life and starting Piron.

m zummo July 6, 2014 at 10:13 pm

i like the show

Shar July 6, 2014 at 4:52 am

I love this show! Watch it faithfully and hate when it is on hiatus! Really hope it comes back. Has great actors and script would be such a shame to lose this show.