Continuum: Season Three Ratings

continuum09Last season, Continuum’s ratings were slightly higher than they had been in season one. Will they continue to grow or will they fall in season three? Will this Syfy series be renewed for a fourth season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned!

Continuum revolves around a female police officer (Rachel Nichols) from the future who gets caught up in a conflict that spans between 2012 and 2077. The cast also includes Victor Webster, Erik Knudsen, Stephen Lobo, Roger Cross, Lexa Doig, Tony Amendola, Omari Newton, Luvia Petersen, Jennifer Spence, and Brian Markinson.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

9/6 update: No season four renewal yet but it hasn’t been cancelled either.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 840,000 total viewers.

For comparisons: The second season of Continuum averaged a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.2 viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Continuum TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Peter-William September 30, 2014 at 3:22 am

Please renew Continuum on Showcase. This is a fantastic series and Simon Barry is to be congratulated for his story-telling skills that link very cleverly the profiles of the characters and their histories when they go back in time so that when they meet one another in different “time-lines” it all makes sense if you pay attention! Not only that but it is an exciting series with good plots and very good character-acting. The setting in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada is excellent. I watched ‘Lost Girl” for awhile and gave up; “Continuum” is a far better and plausible series (given that one accepts time travel!) and to me, an older person than most viewers, and a scientist, (chemist), it is a series that rates along with “Breaking Bad”. I saw series 3 first and didn’t really understand it fully until I watched series 1 and 2 when they were repeated on a daily basis. Then the many plots all fell together nicely and, as I said earlier, Simon Barry has done a tremendous job of writing the stories and linking all of them into the different time-line scenarios. You just have to renew this series. I know “Lost Girl” and some of the other more fantasy-type programs may be more appealing to the 18-45 demographic group, but spare a thought for us seniors, there are a lot of us and we appreciate our types of programs like “Continuum”! Please renew it for series 4. Thank you.

Robert September 29, 2014 at 2:13 am

Please bring back continuum. I love this interesting series.

Duane & Marsha Watt September 28, 2014 at 11:24 pm

This show is dynamite!!!!

Duane & Marsha Watt September 28, 2014 at 11:22 pm

My wife & I discovered this show last month on xfinity on demand, and we are addicted to it. We went through all three seasons already, we want a lot more of this series… :-) Please continue it, the show must go on!!!

Jordan wozniak September 28, 2014 at 1:32 am

So it has to continue. The show must go on.

Jordan wozniak September 28, 2014 at 1:29 am

I love this series so much I’ve wTched all three seasons 4 times in order just to get a new perspective on it each time. This is the best show ever!!!!!

Greg September 20, 2014 at 2:40 am

Here’s “what I think:” if Shaw Media/Showcase/Syfy etc. cancels Continuum, I’ll cancel my television service provider. In fact, I hold sway to two generations of my family about the content they watch and pay for. These broadcasting networks need to finish what they start and green-light the next season, or else I’m done wasting time watching their programming; it’s that simple. There are plenty of ways to view media on demand without commercials anyway!

Bruno September 18, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I really like CW’s new policy of ending their series. I mean, properly ending. The could have cancelled Gossip Girl, Nikita and Beauty and the Beast, but decided to give it an ending. I think they’ll do it at least for series that pass through season 1. Herewith I became interested in watching their series that reach Season 2. But look at SciFi: they’ve made me watch three seasons of Continuum and now we’re threatened to not see it ends! Result: I’ll probably won’t watch their series anymore (if they cancel Continuum) or, at least, I’ll wait them properly end to watch it. This policy of not end the series will kill that kind of TV shows.

Carol T. September 18, 2014 at 10:21 am

I just discovered this series this summer and fell in love!!
I have caught up on every episode…the final episode of season
Three left me on the edge of my seat!! I can’t wait for season 4!
Please, please, please… Give a season 4!!!

J. Hatton September 17, 2014 at 4:48 am

Amazing show!! Every episode of Continuum keeps on the edge of my seat. I cant wait for Season 4. The show MUST go on!!!!!