Covert Affairs: Season Five Ratings

Covert Affairs TV show on USAThe ratings for Covert Affairs have been dropping each season for awhile. Will they keep falling this year? Will they drop so low that the USA series is cancelled or, will it be renewed for a sixth season? Stay tuned!

On Covert Affairs, operatives Annie Walker (Piper Perabo) and Auggie Anderson (Chris Gorham) work together in the CIA’s Domestic Protection Division (DPD). The show’s cast also includes Kari Matchett, Peter Gallagher, Hill Harper, and Nicholas Bishop.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Reference point: Season four of Covert Affairs averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.27 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Covert Affairs TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for season six?

Lre July 28, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I think it is a great show. Why does the 18 -49 demographic the only one that counts. Maybe it should be extended to include 50-65 plus. Regardless the show should continue!

Hal July 24, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Now that Annie & Auggie are just friends, this show has gone downhill.

Corne July 24, 2014 at 7:16 am

I only recently started watching Covert Affairs and was chocked from the first season. I basically watch all the seasons in a few days time. I must confess that it reminded me of Alias. I agree that they should bring Danielle and her family back into the picture and that the creators should stay true to the show and not try to copy other shows. Maybe they should bring some aspects of SE 1 and 2 back.

Annie’s interaction with other characters as well as her other colleagues make this a wonderful show to watch. With previous shows that I have watch one sometimes lose interest if the waiting period between series is to long. Margaret suggested that they should have shown the previous episodes a week before the new season and I must agree with that. When I look at other show they normally have between 22 – 26 episodes, it would be nice to have a few extra episodes. I truly hope that CA get a few seasons more.

Kathleen July 19, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I too agree with many others that the show has turned so dark (i.e., Homeland). I liked Season 3 and especially Season 4, which saw the development of some of the other characters such as Arthur and Joan, Auggie’s geek buddies, Vincent, and Helen. I do like the seasonal arc, but I also wish that Danielle and the family would come back into the picture, because part of Annie’s charm was her connectedness to outsiders, which is probably why I appreciate the character of Eyal so much; she can be herself with him. And of course, let’s not forget that he is very easy on the eyes. CA has beautiful locations; that is one of the things that drew my in, so keep what is good, and don’t copy badly someone else’s efforts. Keep the locales, the characters, and give Annie back some of her humanity and her belief in good people, and the numbers might improve. I hope there is enough time given to right the ship, as I have enjoyed the ride.

MW July 18, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Love season 5. They started season 5 when most people are on vacation…………………bad timing for ratings. Annie has grown up………………..like the show better now than in the beginning. More like Alias………..which I liked also. Show has strong female characters, which is refreshing. The new love interest for Annie is interesting seeing her team up with the male version of herself. A private spy and a government spy………………………………..and the differences. Hope to see season 6.

Sandra Shill July 16, 2014 at 11:03 pm

I don’t like the show’s “dark” tone and boring, convoluted storylines. I really enjoyed this show at the beginning, when it had a lot more charm and cleverness. Now it’s been overwhelmed with angst and grit. I hope they do get another season, so they can “right the ship” and bring it back to the fun show it used to be.

Doug H July 14, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Covert Affairs was sold to Amazon Prime as the exclusive site for its older seasons… Prime members can catch up there….

I agree that the creators of this show tried to turn CA’s into Homeland with its season long arcs… What I do love about this show is where it’s filmed…. And the season long arcs don’t bother me…

It hasn’t help its initial ratings that it’s in a tough time for its first run against the Perception which gets a nice bump from R&I even though it loses half its audience. Also the new FX show Tyrant probably attracts similar audience… I watch it all but CA’s live..

Georgia July 12, 2014 at 1:09 pm

I have really liked the last 2 seasons better than the first seasons. Last year they really upped their game and moved it into a more interesting show – in my opinion. I assume with the changes with occupations/characters this year “more will be revealed later.”

nemo f July 14, 2014 at 6:47 pm

considering how bad the numbers are, I can only assume most people disagree.

nemo f July 12, 2014 at 11:23 am

This show was much better when it first started. the one or two episode story arcs were faster paced and even had funny moments. the season long story arcs they are doing now are BORING!

Margaret July 8, 2014 at 9:38 am

The problem with CA ratings is not only that there is a nine to ten month gap between seasons, but they don’t give the audience a chance to get caught up on the storyline. USA has marathons for other shows, but they have never had one for Covert Affairs. They could have shown the previous season’s episodes the weekend before.
Another problem that is causing declining ratings is that the show has lost the charm it had the first two seasons. It was really fun to watch it in the beginning when Annie was trying to balance her new secret life with living in her sister’s guest house. Also, the shows were self contained. New watchers to the show are not likely to become fans if they don’t know what is going on over a long story arc.
I wish that they would bring back her sister and her family. It is improbable that Annie would continue to pretend she is dead and then not contact them once she is in out of the cold.

Chuck Lewis July 3, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I have the same complaint with CA as I do other USA shows: They wait 12.7 years between seasons and then you get a paltry few episodes that are over in 2 months. Maybe the suits are too busy with their designer drugs to realize the demo they are chasing have a VERY short attention spans. I’m a geezer. My problem is not my attention span. It’s my retention span. The wait is sooooooo long, I forget the different plot lines. They’d be better off if they did…at a minimum… a 5 episode arc, 3 times a year. You can have a self contained complete storyline & still develop longer term plot lines. Lastly, someone please pass this on to Kari Matchett. Kari, since I first saw you on the Nero Wolfe series, I have found you to be one of most sultry women of all time. You are maturing like a fine bottle of wine. You will be the only thing I miss when CA is axed. Hope to see you soon on another series.

John July 1, 2014 at 8:03 am

Please keep this show it is the best!!!!

rosannetriegaardt@gmail.com June 30, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I love Covert Affairs. They need one more season.

nemo f June 28, 2014 at 4:24 am

watched the season premiere and was underwhelmed. Based on these numbers, I wonder if this show will air all its episodes before cancellation.

Rose June 28, 2014 at 8:22 am

I agree with nemo f. The season premiere I’ve been waiting to see was just so so.
They need to step up their game or lose more viewers.