Covert Affairs: Season Five Ratings

Covert Affairs TV show on USAThe ratings for Covert Affairs have been dropping each season for awhile. Will they keep falling this year? Will they drop so low that the USA series is cancelled or, will it be renewed for a sixth season? Stay tuned!

On Covert Affairs, operatives Annie Walker (Piper Perabo) and Auggie Anderson (Chris Gorham) work together in the CIA’s Domestic Protection Division (DPD). The show’s cast also includes Kari Matchett, Peter Gallagher, Hill Harper, and Nicholas Bishop.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

9/12 update: Season five resumes on November 6th.

Reference point: Season four of Covert Affairs averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.27 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Covert Affairs TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for season six?

Rick September 13, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I think covert affairs is a show that should be renewed.
A beautiful, James Bond type woman; exotic locations; great supporting cast. Tantalizing story lines and this type of action far outway those of the norm. ( NCIS;; law & order; ect). The stories on those have gotten stale and repetitive.

andi September 13, 2014 at 6:01 pm

This. The locations give the show a genuine feeling of escapism. Beautiful people, beautiful show with continuous dramatic development. The ratings really don’t reflect the show. She started out as a female James bond, but she’s more of a female Jason Bourne now? Which I think is just awesome.

eter September 13, 2014 at 1:50 am

Ryan and Annie are so great together. I used to watch the show every week but Season 4 wasn’t that interesting so I stopped but with the addition of Nic Bishop as Ryan McQuaid , I even tape the shows. I hope they keep Ryan and Annie together. Just like what the other comment said Auggie is a boy compared to the man that Ryan is. Please keep the show.

Cris September 13, 2014 at 8:04 am

yes totally true…auggie is a womanizer and very good at his job and he is perfect in this way with annie…but as for the rest he seems vey immature and confused…:-)
i have read the show will be renewed:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

andi September 13, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Cris, I totally agree with you. Auggie is great as her best friend. They have a totally sibling type chemistry that I love. But it just isn’t a romantic chemistry. And yeah, Auggie seems to love all his women dearly and move on from them equally as quickly. He’s a bit of a hypocrite, cheats on his girlfriend, and I didn’t like his revisionist view of Annie coming clean to him only when she wanted him to cover up her illness. He came to the Hospital, and she didn’t even call him, she fully expected her time in the field to be over when the CIA got hold of her ER visit. He covered up her records all on his own.

But I do like him, just not the way he’s painted as some moral barometer when he clearly isn’t any more moral than the next person in their line of work. He has plenty of secrets that he keeps that’s far more questionable than someone who keeps an illness to themselves. Another reason why I love Eyal and Ryan.

I think Annie would be great in the private covert affairs sector with Ryan’s company at her disposal. It would be like Annie Walker unleashed.

Cris September 14, 2014 at 11:03 am

yes Andi…once again I agree..when they create the story with Auggie, something was wierd, i did not like them, something was wrong. Simon was almost perfect, although it was evident that a he could not fit the moral code of Annie who btw gives a positive image of the CIA that it is always depicted like misterious people, not to trust, stubbinh at the back and too much politically strumentalized that one doesnt know where is the border of justice and legalized crime.
Annie is clean and positive doing the right thing at the right time. Ryan is the perfect match, for the future i would like to see them working together…but not as CIA. Eyal i simply love him, i re watched all episodes when they are together..he gives a natural sense of humour which i think comes from deeply knowing the shit they deal with but he finds the way to see the irony of absurdity of the spy issue ( hope i am cleat, i am italian….:-)…i watch it on streaming:-)..)…

andi September 13, 2014 at 1:58 pm

So true. I only discovered the show recently and burned through it on Amazon Prime. I love it all, but my favorite was Season 3 because I loved Simon and Annie’s tragic romance from a storytelling perspective. I loved the actor who played Simon and their chemistry was deep, but so forbidden.

She has a great chemistry with Eyal too, and anytime they are on screen together, the tv sizzles.

But I think McAnnie is my favorite because Ryan and her are cut from the same cloth. I loved how he instantly understood her. “You get off on the sacriface, the Noble cause.” Annie has a passionate nature and it’s focused on bringing down the bad guys. She’s taken than burden at great cost and sacriface to herself. Thats something they have in common, and he understands her, and something Auggie does not truly understand. So, I’m team McAnnie all the way.

And we need more viewing live to keep the series alive. :)

JAED September 11, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Totally agree with the most recent comment above. Covert Affairs.
It is an excellent spy show- excellent story line, very good cast, Awesome visuals. I strongly hope that is show is renewed for 2015.

dorothydurr September 9, 2014 at 6:44 am

The series gets better each year. Noticed there is very little advance notice or advertising
for the show to let you know it is going on air compared to other shows on USA.
I thoroughly enjoy the show and hope it returns.

sable September 9, 2014 at 2:44 am

Love this show. Problem with the ratings…………on the wrong night. Need to put behind Suits. Tuesday night belongs to TNT. Season five has been a good one, because of the addition of Nic Bishop. Viewers are awaiting to see Annie Walker get from the darkness of Season 4 and come back into the girl she was in season 1 – 2. Annie needs to work on her personal life………….and the addition of the character, Ryan McQuaid, has filled that void. Love their chemistry. A another season should wrap things up……too soon to do so.

crisCr September 10, 2014 at 11:08 am

yessssss…….they are perfect!!! someone knows when the fall season starts?

Joan September 8, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I think it’s a great series! I am over 65 and love it!

d September 2, 2014 at 10:23 pm

This is my favorite show. Please DO NOT cancel my show. I have watched since season 1 til now. I wait for Tuesday s every week. Please keep my show

andi September 2, 2014 at 12:16 pm

I just discovered this show and I totally love it. It’s become my favorite show. The actors all bring their A game and Piper Perabo as Annie is awesome. I don’t understand the low ratings for such a quality show. The locations are such a part of the show too. I really hope usa network keeps the show. There are very few shows with such a broad likable cast and such a relatable, strong female action hero. If anything, they should build on those qualities and McAnnie is a perfection. I love McQuaid and bring in Eyal permanently.

Cris September 6, 2014 at 3:26 pm

i totally agree with Andi. I love the MC-annie couple..and i like the friendly deep relation with eyal who is the only one that brings a sense of irony and fun during critical moments ( like when he saved her from russia). Eyal should be in the permanent cast. I think with some lighter episodes mixed with serious ones will bring more viewers.

andi September 13, 2014 at 1:45 pm

You’re so right about the levity Eyal brings to the show. : ) And he does it in a way that’s meaningful. That’s there is something far more serious about what he says under the irony. Maybe it’s Oded Fehr who I think is infinitely watchable actor.

Dorothy Gleason August 30, 2014 at 4:23 am

This is a great series and has special meanings as my husband and I watched the show before and after his double transplant surgery, We looked forward to each episode, especially seeing locations where we have worked or travelled. The cinematography is exceptional. It represents great values and a real loyalty to the America.

Dorothy Gleason

clint August 29, 2014 at 4:10 pm

In a nutshell, the show has gone from a very smart and fun show. To….still very smart, but a lot more serious. In this current season, I almost feel like it’s a totally different show that’s using the same characters from Covert Affairs. I never mind the evolution of characters,…..that’s a good thing! However, in the case of CA, they ‘ve lost some of the little (fun) things that made the show work in the first place. That’s one major reason why the ratings are dropping!

nemo f August 30, 2014 at 1:13 am

I remember an episode where Auggie had to lead a museum tour for Annie’s niece’s class cause Annie was on the job. and she couldn’t have lead the tour any way even of she was at home cause she didn’t know the first thing about the Smithsonian at the time. It was funny as they all scrambled trying to figure it out and not blow Annie’s cover. Now, it;s Auggie trying to catch up as Annie is full bore pedal to the metal looking for the next person to shoot. no fun just the game.

Anonymous August 30, 2014 at 5:44 pm

i agree…they should balance with the original fun…the espisodes with eyal have this bit sense of fun and irony that amuse me…it should back and also eyal.

Dorothy Gleason September 2, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Totally agree with the most recent comment above. Covert Affairs.

Debbie August 28, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Love the show. It’s suspenseful, not too much blood and guts, and interesting. I like the positive female roles. The characters are well thought out with good lines. Not sure where they are going to go with the main character’s heart condition. It would be a shame to see this cancelled. It’s just heating up again.

cris August 28, 2014 at 12:07 pm

The serie is vey good and with good stories where the brain has to work..and now there is also the right partner for Annie that gives that little sense of romance otherwise too cold.
Hope will be renewed

Ted August 28, 2014 at 2:55 am

This is really one of the better shows on cable right now. It began to get a little dull in Season 3, but began to heat up in season 4, and this season it’s been smokin’. It would be a shame if they cancelled it.

maggie August 27, 2014 at 8:30 pm

this series is very cool —female type –bond sort of.. action packed….alittle love attaction … alittle gun here and there … this is alot better than the stupid reality shows …. people want to see suspense …. mystery….the good guys win ect ..not fake reality crap that is figured out before they start….keep this going .for a change i enjoyed a james bond female -type ….hurrag love it very entertaining ……