Covert Affairs: Season Five Ratings

Covert Affairs TV show on USAThe ratings for Covert Affairs have been dropping each season for awhile. Will they keep falling this year? Will they drop so low that the USA series is cancelled or, will it be renewed for a sixth season? Stay tuned!

On Covert Affairs, operatives Annie Walker (Piper Perabo) and Auggie Anderson (Chris Gorham) work together in the CIA’s Domestic Protection Division (DPD). The show’s cast also includes Kari Matchett, Peter Gallagher, Hill Harper, and Nicholas Bishop.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

9/12 update: Season five resumes on November 6th.

Reference point: Season four of Covert Affairs averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.27 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Covert Affairs TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for season six?

K.C September 28, 2014 at 12:57 am

Really hoping for season 6 renewal for Covert Affairs! I just love this show and all the thought and talent that has gone into creating it. Season 5 was a bit diasappointing to me until I saw the International Spy Museum. The writers have been straight down the line of reasonable spy drama and the tough things “prophecized” by the original intro song “Can You Save Me?” This show has the potential for 2-4 more good seasons depending on how quickly they need to resolve storylines. Annie has to overcome this horrible way she has become lost in her own drama. We are still awaiting deeper content of other characters’ lives and how they themselves have gotten lost in the spy game, Joan, Calder and Auggie specifically. So much yet to come!

Cris September 27, 2014 at 5:57 pm

When it will be announced if cancelled or renewed?
w

Anonymous September 22, 2014 at 11:28 am

I really hope they don’t cancel this show. I don’t understand why they yank the show around from tuesdays to thursdays every season and why the break? Just to air repeats of law and order all day. Does usa do this to any other show they air?

Melanie September 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I agree Covert Affairs should be renewed. I think the story this season has been very clever and refreshing. I have enjoyed both the established and new characters and how they have been woven into the overall story. I like the show’s evolution to a more season spanning story line and think it works well within the show’s overall concept.

I think they have traditionally had it on Tues. for Summer and Thurs. for Fall. I just wish they did more to promote it. Compared to the other shows on USA, the network seemed to give it very little promotion during the summer season which is unfortunate. Even without the heavy promotion given to the newer shows and USA’s other returning summer shows, Covert Affairs still tells an engaging and compelling story through enjoyable and memorable characters.

Andi September 23, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Melanie, that was enlightening. I have heard that usa under promotes Covert Affairs. I have o idea why, given the show is only one season away from syndication which they can only profit from. Surely it makes more sense to promote it at least as much as the other shows. I can’t see Thursday night in the fall helping with the ratings given CBS will be showing Football, and the Shondraland’s tripple delight coming up on ABC Thursdays.

I no longer have cable due to the cost and watch the usa shows on Amazon and buy the current eps. I see many, many posts begging the network to ‘unlock’ their episodes, which just means a lot of people don’t have cable and wants to watch this show. I have also read that the DVR numbers are almost 150% increased, but that’s not supposed to help. I think it’s the only show that is heavily serialized on usa, isn’t it? I personally love the character development and the emotional turmoil coming from Annie since season 3. I think the show gets better, the story telling more mature with each successive season, which is rare.

Being the writers have cleverly given themselves an opportunity to reinvent itself with McQuaid Securities and exciting characters that work very well, I wonder why this show isn’t on it’s Parent network’s summer schedule. It’ s not like NBC has a lot to offer on the summer programming that’s remotely as good as Covert Affairs and many of us can actually watch it then. With some smart promotion on Broadcast network as a summer show, this show could really take off again. Given current interest in this genre, I really hope the producers and creators have a plan B to pitch it.

Rose September 22, 2014 at 6:50 am

Cancelled, as confirmed by usa tv

admin September 22, 2014 at 7:23 am

Season five resumes 11/6. It has not been cancelled or renewed for a sixth season yet.

katy September 21, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Rewatching season one. Am I only one who loves the angtsy romance between Annie and Ben. So sad how they pinned for each other for years. And Annie didn’t even know he followed her around, protecting her and pinning for her. So sad. Would be great if it all came full circle and Annie ends up with Ben, finally free to love each other without the CIA getting in the way. They should run off to an island of Sri Lanka and make hot babies. The actor who plays Ben is so hot.

Jay September 20, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Please renew this show. I’ve watched the entire series 3 time in 2 months. I desperately need new the new eps and a season 6 …

Cynthia September 20, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I love cover affairs. Have been watch in since the beginning.

Anonymous September 20, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I love it, renew it! I like the characters they’ve created and the dialogues. Each season has a very distinctive taste and the characters actually undergo change based on their experiences (not that common in this type of show where the troubled hero often remains so from the first to the last episode).

Anonymous September 20, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Adore this show. Fantastic characters and great cast. Love the spy-fantasy/drama balance. Makes for such entertaining escapism with a nice blend of drama. Please don’t cancel it. Wish it was on broadcast network summer schedule for more access to the show.

anonymous September 20, 2014 at 1:46 am

Love the show….very well written.