Covert Affairs: Season Five Ratings

Covert Affairs TV show on USAThe ratings for Covert Affairs have been dropping each season for awhile. Will they keep falling this year? Will they drop so low that the USA series is cancelled or, will it be renewed for a sixth season? Stay tuned!

On Covert Affairs, operatives Annie Walker (Piper Perabo) and Auggie Anderson (Chris Gorham) work together in the CIA’s Domestic Protection Division (DPD). The show’s cast also includes Kari Matchett, Peter Gallagher, Hill Harper, and Nicholas Bishop.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

12/18 update: No sixth season renewal yet. Is it time to end the series instead?

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.54 million total viewers.

Reference point: Season four of Covert Affairs averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.27 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Covert Affairs TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for season six?

Paula December 21, 2014 at 7:49 am

Auggie and Annie keep the show and make this happen

Priscilla December 20, 2014 at 5:20 pm

I agree with some here, I also would have preferred to see Annie and Auggie get back together, and totally disappointed that they have eject Auggie of show

Elena December 19, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Please renew – yes season 6 for certain! And McQuaid is fine – Auggie and Annie better :-)

Joan December 19, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I can’t believe White Collar is not coming back. That & Covert Affair are two of the best-written shows on television!!!

anonymous December 19, 2014 at 2:50 am

please renew. we’re hooked.

shari December 19, 2014 at 12:51 am

I am disappointed I wanted Auggie and Annie together. I am hoping this isn’t the last of the show but knowing the networks it will be. Please USA keep Covert Affairs, wish they were keeping White Collar too!

Merrily Snider December 19, 2014 at 3:39 am

I agree with you about White Collar. My daughter and I watched the final episode tonight and it is just terrible that it is ending. But, it did last for several seasons and I loved every episode. About Covert Affairs, I just can’t imagine that this show is not going on to Season 6. It is a good show with good writing. I hope it is renewed too.

jacqueline December 19, 2014 at 12:48 am

I love Covert Affairs. Feels like something is happening though since Augive says he is leaving CIA and McQuaid and Annie talked marriage in the finale….is show cancelled?????

nemo f December 19, 2014 at 12:42 am

Loved Season One. watched season 2, stopped watching during season 3.

cheryl December 18, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Yes please bring Covert Affairs back. It gets better each year?

sting December 18, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Can some one please tell me how is it that in the first episode of this season, Annie tells Auggie that she wants things to go back to how they were. (handler and operative) And that she needs to concentrate strictly on the work without emotional attachments. Fast forward a few episodes and she’s now in love with McQuaid!? So much for that strict concentration on the work(lol). Cant wait for this season to end.

tymron December 19, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Because it was about her and Auggie. They were great as a couple and they are great as an handler and operative but not in the same time. They could make this work, like Joan and Arthur did, but what they didn’t had was time. Their relationship started when all of this Henry Willcox case, in the same time. Auggie tried to protect her, even stopped her. But this is Annie we talking about, she trust her instincts in the first place. She react quickly. Then she went dark, yes she beat Henry but she also pay high personal costs. She lost her health and Auggie.
This season she came back and wanted no more complications. But Ryan was patient and he really wanted to know her. He follow her cue. He isn’t her handler, he is her partner when she need him.
That’s the difference.

sting December 19, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I can live with that line of logic

Anonymous December 19, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I can try, or rather give you another perspective. When she came home, fresh from personal news that’s devastating to her, she invested whatever remaining energy she had on work, because it’s how she identifies herself. I did see someone who was all about work. Just go back to some of those montages where she’s alone while Auggie and Calder or getting it on. Or when everyone was at the ball, while she worked throughout the night, later joined by Auggie. I think she has been concentrating on work.

But, she’s also hurting a great deal. Just look at her apartment for her emotional space. I you can’t keep one single plant alive, it’s fair to say that you are at your most susceptible to kindness. And that’s where McQuaid comes in. He offered her friendship and kindness without conditions. And over a course of 8 episodes where she resisted at every turn, she got to be Annie for one night, and started to open up to the possibility of friendship, even love. Love, in real life too, comes when you are least expecting it. I don’t see any episode where Annie has not been all about catching the bad guy. She eventually allowed McQuaid in, and their relationship was born and evolved on the battlefield. To me, it was a natural evolution, and he’s essentially a male version of Annie. Totally worked for me, but then I wasn’t married to an ideology of a must have coupling.

That’s my take, but off course, everyone will have their own.

sting December 19, 2014 at 9:01 pm

That sounds about right too!…..ok I’m satisfied. Thanks!

Anonymous December 17, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Why exactly would the CIA care about Deckerd? Someone who went awol and has no intelligence to offer. Did I miss something? He might be a friend of Auggie’s but that’s entirely personal, so why would they send Annie and Ryan, who I assume is contracted still, and risk their lives, invest agency resources (taxpayer money) for Deckerd, who is probably the most obnoxious character I’ve seen on CA? Is it entirely a personal favor for Auggie?

Anonymous December 16, 2014 at 1:32 pm