Crossbones: Season One Ratings

Crossbones TV show on NBC ratingsA couple years ago, NBC aired Crusoe, an adventure series based on the classic Robinson Crusoe novel and character. It was quickly cancelled. Now, the network is trying Crossbones, another adventure series about the same era. Will this one be a success and be renewed for a second season or, will it be cancelled as well? We’ll have to wait and see.

Crossbones revolves around the life of Edward Teach (John Malkovich), better known as Blackbeard the pirate, and his desire to aquire a valuable invention called the longitude chronometer. Others in the cast are Yasmine Al Massri, Richard Coyle, Claire Foy, David Hoflin, Tracy Ifeachor, and Chris Perfetti.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.68 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Crossbones TV show? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Ce September 24, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Both my sister and I LOVE Crossbones… Richard Coyle and John Malkovich were excellent, the show was very well done… so often great shows take awhile to find their audience. As I recall, the now legendary Star Trek did not do all that well at first either. Not sure where they are getting their viewing numbers… but I would suspect that unfortunately the powers that be are intimidated by the fans of Blacksails many of whom bashed the show… and the kiddy fantasy Pirates of the Caribbean It will be unfortunate if this show is relegated to the graveyard of quality shows, just to be replaced with the mediocre fare which seems to form the vast majority of TV programs.

Ed September 22, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Love the show and the set.
John Malkavic was incredible

CAROL KINNEY September 20, 2014 at 1:33 pm

ARGH!!! I MISS THE CROSSBONES TV SHOW! GEEZ….SOMETHING GOOD IS ON TV & IT IS GONE. WHY IS THAT? DO YOU THINK ONLY PEOPLE UNDER 25 WATCH TELEVISION? WAS IT NOT DUMB ENOUGH? I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS TAKEN OFF THE AIR.

Jackie September 20, 2014 at 8:59 am

Amazing show, quality acting, great story line! Would very much like the show to conitnue!

But knowing the network…it is history.

it is just not stupid enough…

David September 11, 2014 at 12:24 pm

This is a remarkable program. Cancelation would not be good

Debbie September 6, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Crossbones is the best show I’ be ever seen on prime time TV. Please keep it on the air!

Jim August 29, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the series!! I wish it was shown on a better night than it was….but DVR saved it for me. I hope to see it come back for at least 3 more seasons!! I hope everyone else feels the szme! Thanks for airing it! John Malkovich was awesome as Blackbeard but I do think you could use a better co-star. Just my honest opinion.

Kathy September 12, 2014 at 1:13 am

I love this show!! Please bring it back for a second season!!! I love the whole cast!! Would love to see what happens next.

len August 29, 2014 at 2:57 pm

I loved this show!!!! John Malkovich was wonderful! I love the story, the plot, the characters. I’m truly dissappointed. :(

Ana August 28, 2014 at 7:29 am

I would like to see season 2

Emma Kiana August 23, 2014 at 2:21 am

I wished they had included more of the pirate community, complete with the some the music, dance and general bawdiness and ill manners associated with pirates. Or even a pirate telling a tale about blackbeard would have added depth and color to his infamy.

Shaggy August 23, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Emma K’s thought about the producers including more of the pirate community and tales of Blackbeard is an excellent one. However, how can you expect the producers to think of something so common sense, when they schedule the series for FRIDAY at 10PM during the summer. Do THEY sit around watching television during the summer, late on a weekend evening? They should rerun it this Fall!

Joey August 22, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Please don’t cancel Crossbones. I loved the series especially Lowe.