Flashpoint: TV Series “Most Likely” Returning This Summer

FlashpointBig news! At today’s CBS session of the Television Critics Association press tour, President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler mentioned Flashpoint.

The series is produced in Canada for the CTV network and licensed by CBS. Its run for three seasons on CBS to moderate success. At last summer’s press tour, Tassler said that she hadn’t decided about ordering more episodes. The show went off the air in September 2010 and hasn’t been mentioned by the network since. The show has yet to be renewed by CBS but CTV has commissioned a fourth season that’s currently in production.

Today, Tassler said that the network still has a half dozen of unaired episodes of Flashpoint sitting on the shelf. The network will “most likely” air them over the summer. She didn’t touch on the series’ future but it seems Flashpoint is pretty clearly not on the network’s priority list.

What do you think? Will Flashpoint return this summer? Will CBS purchase season four?

Linda Parker November 18, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Please bring back my favorite show, it should last for years. Thank you

Linda Barre October 22, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Please return the show FLASHPOINT. It is a terrific show and many people enjoy watching it.!!!

Anonymous October 22, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I don’t understand why you would cancel the show FLASHPOINT . It is a terrific show. Please bring the show back for the many people who watch and enjoy it.!!!

Debbie gatewood June 6, 2013 at 1:14 am

It would be a shame to cancel show

mrs ann rigby March 23, 2013 at 8:11 am

yes this is a fantastic show we love it please bring it back

Debe Amaro March 21, 2013 at 7:32 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!! This is a wonderful show with very likeable characters. The family can watch, and in this day and age that’s VERY rare! My husband and I love it! We just started watching it on ION TV, quite by accident, and now we never miss it! I usually record it, because I listen to music during the day, then my husband and I wait until all of them record, then we watch them all. (sure does make ‘chemo days’ go faster (and better)! I found the seasons on DVD, and we’re almost done with season 1. Can’t wait to see them all! So, again, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!! Most shows are trashy, and don’t deserve a time slot on any network! Thanks for listening.
D.L.A.