Christopher Chance (Mark Valley) finds himself in a lot of dangerous situations but always manages to get out of them safely. His show may not be so lucky. It hasn’t been a big hit in the ratings so it looks very likely that Human Target will be cancelled.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for FOX is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, it’s not.
However, if you like Human Target and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on FOX.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be directly counted. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can e-mail or, even better, write via “snail-mail” to: Mr. Kevin Reilly, President, FOX, P.O. Box 900, Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900, RE: Human Target
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To FOX, Bonanza Productions, DC Comics, Warner Bros. Television, and Wonderland Sound and Vision:
We, the undersigned, greatly enjoy watching Human Target on the FOX network. The actors, writers, and everyone associated with the TV show are top notch. The series is a great blend of high-action and light-hearted humor.
Please find a way to keep Human Target on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on FOX or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
Image courtesy FOX.