Katie: Host Katie Couric Says Goodbye to Cancelled Show

Katie TV show last episodeToday, Katie Couric said farewell to her cancelled daytime talk show, Katie, after two seasons. The show was reportedly dropped due to mediocre ratings and high costs.

The final episode’s guests were Morgan Freeman, Susan Sarandon, Valerie Harper, Martina McBride, and Josh Groban. In his first appearance on the show, Groban brought flowers and noted that he’d wanted to appear sooner but had been on tour.

There were also plenty of taped farewells from stars like Betty White, Barbra Streisand, Jimmy Kimmel, and Drew Brees.

In the show’s final moments, Couric thanked her staff and her audience for their support and noted that it felt like the end of an era — even though the era has only lasted two years.

Couric is moving to Yahoo! where she will serve as a global anchor for the site.

What do you think? Did you watch Katie? Did you think it was a good daytime series?

165 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kimberly says

For the most part, it didn’t keep my interest enough to faithfully watch the show. There were other shows I liked better. Steve Harvey is one. Sorry the line up had changed and you weren’t staggered. Good luck.

2. Debbie says

Anytime I watched the show I thought it was entertaining. Heartfelt at times, Katie was a very sincere host. I often wondered where Katie had gone. Sorry to see this show was cancelled.

3. Daniel Barbaut says

I want to say that I truly abhor kat on a hot tin roof Katie Couric. She is so ugly, those teeth look like the teeth at a worm would have, she speaks like she is talking down to people.

She really showed just how much class she had when President Obama was given his State of the Union Message. All those interruptions with plasted smart-mouth comments were totally unnecessary. She could have waited until later to voice her stupid opinions. Who does she think she is “Satan” who comes to rob, steal, kill and destroy. She needs to be off the air permenantly.

• says

And you Daniel just showed how much class you DON’T have!. Clearly you must be an Obama supporter. I would listen to Katie’s opinions over that presidents lies any day!

4. Lana Beer says

I have never been a fan of Katie Couric and I did not like or watch her TV show. Didn’t you get the message a long time ago. People do not relate to Katie Couric. Stop pushing her at us.

• Margaret Lang says

Sorry, but I disagree. I looked forward to Katie’s show at 4 p.m. five days a week. While I didn’t always think the topic was one I would like, I didn’t gag over them and often would find that I learned something that made the topic worthy. There are lots of daytime network programs and personalities that I don’t care to watch. So I turn off the TV and go outside.

So who is pushing her at you? Just delete the message when it shows up in your in box. Or unsubribe.

5. Joen Gruber says

I loved Katie’s show. In my opinion it should have remained on the air. A number of other shows that survive are just plain disgusting!

6. Jeanne Maurella says

I sincerely miss Katie Couric’s daytime show. This is the time of year that I tend to watch more TV and was shocked to realize that her show was cancelled. What a loss for the viewers! I will miss her inspiring, informative, and entertaining variety of offerings.

7. Linda Warner says

We were traveling over the summer and came back to no Katie. We really miss her. Don’t want to watch a panel of women sit around and rehash what has already been said on the View. Don’t want to watch disfunctional families fight with one another. Don’t want one more game show. Just want Katie back. How do they determine ratings? They never ask us.