Longmire: New A&E Drama; Cancel or Keep It?

Cancel or keep Longmire TV show?Not long ago, A&E unveiled their latest dramatic TV series, Longmire. Breakout Kings, another A&E show about lawkeepers, was recently cancelled. Will Longmire outlast it or quickly follow it to the TV graveyard?

Taking place in a fictional Wyoming county, Longmire revolves around Sheriff Walt Longmire as he tries to get back on his feet following the death of his wife. With the help of his daughter (Cassidy Freeman), his new deputy (Katee Sackhoff), and his best friend (Lou Diamond Phillips), Walt decides to run for re-election against a young deputy (Bailey Chase) in the department who also wants the position.

The TV show debuted on June 3rd to a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.15 million total viewers.

Should Longmire be cancelled or renewed?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

That was a very good premiere for the cable channel and was actually the biggest in A&E’s history. Longmire was the third most-watched cable show of the night, only falling behind the NBA playoff game on ESPN and Game of Thrones on HBO.

New TV shows typically fall in their second week on the air but Longmire bucked that trend and actually grew. Last night’s episode drew about the same in total viewership but gained about 22% in the demo.

Unless the numbers hit a serious nosedive, Longmire is assured of a second season renewal. In fact, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t announced soon. It looks like A&E has a hit.

But, what do you think? Do you like Longmire? Will you keep watching? Do you think that it should be renewed or cancelled instead?

Errol August 19, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Please Keep Longmire!

Ani August 17, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Keep Longmire! I am an avid follower and look forward to watching it every week!

MARCIA FIELDS August 10, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! WATCH IT ON IT’S REGULAR MONDAY NIGHT & SUNDAYS.
PLEASE BRING LONGMIRE BACK!!!!!

Doug Lawson August 10, 2014 at 11:30 am

Keep Longmire!!!!!!!!!!! Fire the program director. Bring back the Glades and Sons of Anarchy. These are your best 3. Cancel the stupid Storage Wars shows. Those are rigged. The same people win. I have been to those sales in my town and they never sell for more than $60.00. People do not store expensive items and then let the unit go. How stupid do you think we are. Give me the salary that you pay the guy that makes these decisions and I will make you a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patsy Floyd August 5, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Great show. Should br renewed

CAROLE August 5, 2014 at 2:31 pm

keep it on forever, love the show and all the characters

Beverly Henry August 5, 2014 at 11:37 am

I love this show we never miss it and would love to see it for another season, the acting is very good.

Dave masschaele August 4, 2014 at 11:58 pm

I think A&E should keep Longmire, it is one of the best shows on TV now, if A@E cancel this show , they will be making another great mistake. I just don’t get all these reality shows , most are just crap! People want to be entertained not watch crap and A&E has continued to produce reality shows. We want to see more dramas , crime shows, movies NOT REALITY TV if Longmire is canceled I will quit watching A&E and ask my satilite provider to drop A&E from my programming !

Wanda Gibson August 5, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I think Longmire should be renewed, loved last night’s season finale, except for the Cliffhanger ending … did Branch shoot his father or did his father shoot Branch after telling Branch that he could not replace his busineses, but he could replace his son. Horrible thing to tell a son!

I think the show should get new writers, however, peope with the same talent caliber of the late Tony Hillerman! My late brother was an Okla hwy parolman for 25 years and had to put up with Indian tribsmen police force…just as Hillerman’s stories portrayed.

I hate the violence that occurs to the cast members, and the psyco-babble … keep Longmire but get new writers with fresh ideas, please. Thanks

Gayle August 4, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Love the show. Please keep Longmire on the air.

jhutch July 28, 2014 at 11:16 pm

A&E, ABSOLUTELY KEEP THIS SHOW ON. IT’S WONDERFULLY DIFFERENT FROM MOST OF THE OTHER CRAP ON TV THESE DAYS. SAY NO TO MORE “REALITY,” VAMPIRE, BAKING WAR SHOWS. SAY HELL YES TO LONGMIRE!!!

Wanda L. Gibson July 29, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Keep Longmire!!! Wonderful episodes! But Vic needs to get her $&&& together, button up her shirt and get over the school girl crush on Longmire!

Keep Henry out of jail, Heal Branch, get rid of the two goons and most of all….forget ‘Who killed Walt’s wife’ .. old news

Thanks

MaryAnn S June 24, 2014 at 10:51 am

I really enjoy the Lonmire series, please do not cancel. I think it is the best new series in a long time. I hate the reality shows( every one on them).
I have read all of the Craig Johnson Longmire books & truely enjoyed them. I think the TV show does a good job with the stories.
PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL LONGMIRE