Lost Girl: Syfy Picks Up Season Three

Lost Girl third season on SyfyThe Syfy cable channel has acquired the rights to air the third season of Lost Girl. Produced by by Prodigy Pictures and Showcase in Canada, filming is currently underway. It was recently decided that there would only be 13 episodes in season three, making some fans nervous that the show was headed for cancellation.

Lost Girl’s 22 episode second season is currently airing on Monday nights on Syfy and will shift to Fridays beginning July 20th. Season two is scheduled to conclude on September 14th while season three is expected to premiere sometime in January 2013.

Here’s the press release from Syfy regarding their renewal:

SYFY RENEWS HIT SERIES “LOST GIRL” – #1 CABLE DRAMA AMONG ADULTS 18-49 AND ADULTS 25-54 IN ITS TIME PERIOD – FOR THIRD SEASON BEGINNING JANUARY 2013

NEW YORK – June 5, 2012 – Syfy has renewed its hit series Lost Girl – the #1 cable drama among Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 in its time period – for a third season of 13 episodes, beginning January 2013.

During season two to-date, Lost Girl is averaging 895,000 Adults 18-49, 930,000 Adults 25-54 and 1.64 million total viewers, based on available Live +7 data.

On July 20, Lost Girl will move from Mondays at 10PM (ET/PT) to Fridays at 10PM.

Anna Silk (Being Erica) stars as seductress Bo, a Succubus (a powerful female entity in folklore) who feeds off sexual energy. Raised by human parents, Bo had no reason to believe she was anything other than the girl next door – until she “drained” her first boyfriend to death.

Bo discovers she is one of the Fae, creatures of legend who pass as humans while secretly feeding off them. Faced with choosing between an allegiance to the Dark or Light Fae clans, Bo takes the middle path between the human and Fae worlds while embarking on a mission to unlock the secrets of her origin.

Returning for season three are Kris Holden-Ried (Ben Hur, The Tudors, Underworld 4) as “Dyson”; Ksenia Solo (Life Unexpected; Black Swan) as “Kenzi”; Zoie Palmer (The Guard, Instant Star, XIII) as “Lauren”; Rick Howland (Billable Hours, Murdoch Mysteries) as “Trick” and K.C. Collins (Owning Mahowny, Doomstown) as “Hale.”

Joining the Lost Girl cast this season is Rachel Skarsten (The Vow; Flashpoint) in a recurring role as “Tamsin,” a thrill-seeking, sexy new Fae who ruffles many feathers. Emmanuelle Vaugier (Two and a Half Men, Covert Affairs) will reprise her role as “The Morrigan,” the leader of the Dark Fae.

Lost Girl was developed by Prodigy Pictures, in association with Shaw Media and Showcase. Executive producers are Jay Firestone, Emily Andras, Plato Fountidakis, and Paul Rapovski. James Thorpe is co-executive producer, Vanessa Piazza is co-producer and Wanda Chaffey is producer.

Lost Girl is produced with the participation of the Canadian Media Fund created by the Government of Canada and the Canadian cable industry, and with the assistance of the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit and the Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit Program. This acquisition agreement was brokered by Tim Mudd of Mudd Media.

Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 98 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)

About Prodigy Pictures

Founded in 2006 by Jay Firestone, Prodigy Pictures leads the way in the production of quality film, television, and cross-platform media. Prodigy is responsible for the critically acclaimed television series Lost Girl, which has electrified viewers around the world and is currently in production on its third season in Toronto. In January 2012, Lost Girl made its highly successful U.S. broadcast debut on Syfy channel and will begin airing season two on Syfy in April. Also in production is XIII.2, the second season of the Canada-France coproduction and international success, XIII: The Series. Prodigy’s other credits include the critically acclaimed feature Stuck and the television mini-series XIII, broadcast on NBC. The company has several feature film and television projects in development, including William Gibson’s Neuromancer and Weapon, in partnership with Studio 37.

What do you think? Are you glad that Lost Girl has been renewed by Syfy? Do you think that it will be renewed for season four or cancelled?

dutchgrl69 October 13, 2013 at 2:11 am

Everyone I haved turned onto this show loved it. Even my mom who hated anything Syfy. I wish they played re runs. I Can not wait for the new season. As a heterosexual the lesbian scenes don’t bother me but the heat and friendship tween Bo and Dyson is super hot. Love this show.

william mckinley April 2, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Lost girl best show on TV hope real bad comes back for season 4

LOST_GIRL_FAN February 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm

For if all you who want it cancelled you must not get it and really your opinion is childish. May fans like it and I am so glad that you are not doing the writing because then the show would suck. Lost Girl gets better with every episode and I look forward to may more.

Cassandra November 7, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I think this show is amazing and original I watch it every week. They should get rid of the silly childish lesbianism and have Bo and Dyson back together but other then that awesome keep it coming!

jackie October 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Must renew! Funny, sexy, action packed entertainment!!

Sunbursrstgirl July 11, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Love this show and hope SYFY keeps it as long as possible. Nice to see something different instead of another lawer, cop or doctor show.

Bethany June 11, 2012 at 4:39 am

I am LOVING this show!!!! I was so upset when I saw that season 1 was ending, then they didn’t skip a beat to let us watch season 2. That was the best move ever! With all of the cancelations on the “Networks” I have found myself watching more and more SyFi channel, and if they keep up giving us shows like this one, I don’t see that ending any time soon. This is coming from someone who until recently only watched Warehouse 13 and Haven, and Merlin. Now I am watching Lost Girl, Being Human (US), Alphas, and even started watching many of their other programs that I NEVER thought I would watch. Due to the lack of programing available on non-cable tv, I foresee myself watching SyFi at least 5 days a week. And at least the 400 people I chat with about these programs seem to agree with me. Now if only we could get them to pick up Being Erica (it has a SyFi twist) so us US people could get to see the season(s) that we have missed then the network would pick up even more viewers.

Anyone who likes to be entertained must watch this show. And if you don’t like GOOD SyFi programing, I forgive you, but if you consider yourself someone who preferrs the genre, this is one show that should never be missed.

JW June 8, 2012 at 10:28 am

I find it curious that they made it sound like Siffy chose to renew the series for season 3 when it was actually the Canadian channel Showcase that renewed it. Showcase finished airing Season 2 on April 1st so Siffy is once again trying to pass off syndicated content as their own. I really long for the days of SiFi.

MK June 8, 2012 at 8:07 am

So we’re currently watching S2? Okay, that makes sense. I wondered how it could possibly have so many episodes in one season.

Samara June 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I love it! I had no idea that it was a Canadian show! I’m thrilled that it will be around for a while! I was hoping for a season two, and didn’t even realize that season two was airing! Now we get to have a third season – that is wonderful!

Jim June 7, 2012 at 2:38 pm

they need to recast almost every main character. keep ksenia solo and richard hamilton and dump the rest for better actors/actresses.

Jim June 7, 2012 at 2:39 pm

sorry richard howland…not hamilton.

BG June 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm

2 seasons in and change 75% of the actors? The show would would be a guarantee to fail.

Rene Alstead June 8, 2012 at 2:50 am

It HAS failed in the ratings as the article fails to point out.

Greg June 7, 2012 at 11:50 am

Why oh why did they pick up this stinker? It’s “Xena Ugly Princess” meets “Special Unit 2″ (there’s a flashback for ya http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268094/ )

It should be reworked or canceled altogether. Too campy, too illogical, and too much 13 year old boy style token lesbianism. Also, a dedication to a plot – ANY PLOT – would be nice.

Rene Alstead June 8, 2012 at 2:50 am

I totally agree. Why would Siffy renew a show that nobody watches?

And yes, the PR release that was so slavishly reproduced by this site only means that nobody watches it: they had to give us Live+7 numbers to make them look bigger even though Live+3 is what advertisers look at and Live+SD is what most newspapers use when giving ratings.

Siffy also claimed it was #1 in the ageist demo but didn’t point out what that timeslot was and that there was precious litttle original on other networks.

In other words, Siffy just bought itself another year of lack of viewership.

Brilliant!!

Jim June 8, 2012 at 2:07 pm

if syfy was paying the production costs for this show, it would have been canned after s1. but all syfy is doing is licensing it.