The young lawyers of Sterling, Huddle, Oppenheim, & Craft are struggling to learn the ropes of the legal profession. Unfortunately, The Deep End TV show’s ratings haven’t been very good so it looks like the series will be cancelled before they can get very far.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for ABC is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewership is being directly counted. If not, it’s really not.
However, if you like The Deep End and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on ABC.com or purchase episodes on iTunes so your viewing will be directly counted. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested or might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via “snail-mail” to: Mr. Stephen McPherson, Chairman, ABC, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, RE: The Deep End
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To ABC and 20th Century Fox Television:
We, the undersigned, enjoy watching The Deep Endon the ABC network. The characters and stories are interesting and the actors do a great job drawing us back to the show week after week.
Please find a way to keep The Deep End on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on ABC or, if necessary, on another Disney-owned channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
Image courtesy ABC.