These two very different cops have come up against some very unusual cases. Unfortunately, their TV show is having the same old problem. It’s not performing well in the ratings and there’s a very real possibility that it will be cancelled.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for FOX is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, it’s not.
However, if you like The Good Guys and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on FOX.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be directly counted. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can e-mail or, even better, write via “snail-mail” to: Mr. Kevin Reilly, President, FOX, P.O. Box 900, Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900, RE: The Good Guys
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To FOX and Fox Television Studios:
We, the undersigned, greatly enjoy watching The Good Guys on the FOX network. The actors, writers, and everyone associated with the TV show are top notch. They do a great job of creating a cop show with clever humor.
Please find a way to keep The Good Guys on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on FOX or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
Image courtesy FOX.