The Nine Lives of Chloe King: ABC Family Developing a New Movie

The Nine Lives of Chloe King movieIt looks like Chloe King may indeed have nine lives, or at least her show may have a second one. At today’s ABC Family session of the Television Critics Association Press Tour, president Michael Riley said that a TV movie of cancelled The Nine Lives of Chloe King may be coming.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King was cancelled in September following a less-than-successful season of 10 episodes. Like many ongoing serials that end prematurely, Chloe King left viewers with lots of unanswered questions. In the final episode, Chloe (Skyler Samuels) lost another of her lives and was kissed by Brian (Grey Damon) — who then died (?) from the contact. Alek (Benjamin Stone) walked in on his brother Zane (Daniel Sharman) as he stood over Jasmine (Alyssa Diaz) and Valentina (Alicia Coppola) as they are dying from poison.

Interestingly, Riley prefers not to talk about the cable channel’s decisions to cancel certain shows and that includes Chloe King. He said, “We never talk about cancelling shows at ABC Family. We always make sure we air all of our productions because for us, it’s very much a long-term view. Honestly, we love all of our shows, and Chloe King is such a great example of just an amazing show. We loved the cast, we loved the writing in that show. For us, it was about making some decisions. We had to choose between what we thought was resonating stronger with the audience.”

Riley continued, “We are actually on the verge of putting a movie into development. For us, we are always looking at the intellectual property that we’re capitalizing on and making sure there is opportunity.” He emphasized that the projects not a done deal yet however, saying, “We are just looking at it in development right now. The idea is very much to capitalize on the storytelling that’s already been in place.”

What do you think? Would you like to see a Chloe King movie? What other “cancelled” ABC Family shows should be given a second look?

Canceled and renewed TV show

182 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Laney says

I liked The Nine Lives Of Chloe King it was very interesting the thing that would have made it better if that Chloe started to fall for Alek a little more because I think that a perfect show would be about romance and some type of action and thriller like The Vampire Diaries on The CW to get the audiences attention and to keep them with questions to ask that you later answer in episodes coming up. Well I know it’s present 2015 and the show started in 2011 like four years ago but I really still think that there is a chance to make more seasons. And I would totally like to see a movie soooo please think about what I said I hope it gives you ideas. Thank You!!

2. chantel says

I think that the nine lives of chloe king left so many including me in a confused state and I hope they end up bringing it back because i. Was and is a great show I think abc family should always have a partition before they cancel a show and decide on that, so many shiws need to come back and the series of The Nine Lives of Chloe King being one of then and it would be great to have a movie too.

3. Vivi says

I think they should bring Nine Lives of Chloe King back. It was a great show that left a lot of fans with questions. I read some websites saying they canceled the show because of Switched at Birth. I honestly think that Switched at Birth is not very good compared to Nine Lives of Chloe King. All Switched at Birth does is put plenty of drama that is the same every time and that is one of the reasons why i quit watching that show. But Nine Lives of Chloe King gives you mysteries that keeps you entertained and the drama isn’t getting into our heads to annoy us. Put Nine Lives of Chloe King back on. It will give not only us a huge favor but also the fans out there that were left with questions

4. Janelle says

i loved the nine lives. it was amazing and had hot guys. it was my favorite show on the ABC in addition to pretty little liars and the lying game.

5. miranda says

ABC should deffenently bring the nine lives of chloe king back, the end of season 1 was heart brakeing they cant just end it there, there is way to many questions to be answerd. i am a huge fan of the vampire diaries, it was probubly my favoret show until i started watching the nine lives of chloe king. it has become my favoret show and i have recomended it to my friends. i personaly think that thay should just bring back the tv show insted of a movie and they most deffinently have to have the same charictors either way because if they change the charectors then most of the fans of the tv show would think its stupid and stop watching it. dont leave us all depresed about the ending, ABC should simply bring back the tv searies and every one would be a lot happier. until then im not going to be watching ABC and i have a feeling that they have lost quite a few veiwers and would be doing much better if they where to bring it back!

6. Helen Peshko says

Its not fair that ABC just cancelled the show because it was less than successful. You may think that, but to some of us it may be the best show ABC has ever had. You cant just leave us hanging like that. The end of season 1 was horrible since you guys didnt want season 2. And the lying game is by far the worst. I stopped watching ABC since you guys are so dissapointing.