Anderson Live: Cancelled, No Season Three

Anderson Cooper’s daytime talk show, Anderson, won’t be back for a third season. According to the NY Times, the Warner Bros syndicated program is being cancelled due to low ratings. Anderson Live will go off the air in late summer.

A studio executive that asked not to be named noted that the entire daytime talk show market is struggling to build an audience these days. The first season of Anderson Live attracted luke-warm numbers so numerous changes were made for season two — same-day tapings, a new studio, etc. — but it wasn’t enough.

Some of the stations that carry Cooper’s show have apparently been putting out feelers about replacing the show for the 2013-14 season.

The Warner Brothers syndication unit issued this statement about the cancellation:

“We are extremely proud of Anderson and the show that he and the entire production team have produced. While we made significant changes to the format, set and produced it live in its second season, the series will not be coming back for a third season in a marketplace that has become increasingly difficult to break through. We will continue to deliver top-quality shows throughout next summer.”

Cooper added:

“I am very proud of the work that our terrific staff has put into launching and sustaining our show for two seasons. I am also grateful to Telepictures for giving me the opportunity, and indebted to viewers, who have responded so positively. I look forward to doing more great shows this season, and though I’m sorry we won’t be continuing, I have truly enjoyed it.”

What do you think? Do you like the Anderson Live TV series? Will you miss it? Why do you think that it didn’t succeed?

diansd December 13, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Show was ok till started with crappy guests. Like snookie

Anonymous January 24, 2014 at 10:46 am

the crappiest guests he had was the woman who now has his time slot on ABC, Betheny. Can’t stand that woman!

Deb King October 6, 2013 at 10:26 am

So glad his show is gone…and so glad I have a forum to rant!

Anderson has always been respected and regarded with the highest of praise…until this absolutely stupid talk show.
So many things…Let me count the ways:

Once he was “out” that’s about all we saw from him. He was silly, foolish, giggly and too feminine. He acted like a teen-twenty with his vocabulary…one day he said “like” 86 times for god’s sake! Really?? Seriously…a seasoned news veteran acting like a child—it was abominable!
Gay simply means you prefer the same sex, you are homosexual. So, why do we have to endure all these silly, inane gay people parading their homosexuality all over
television! Heterosexuals don’t act like that, they act like normal, regular people! It’s very disgusting…and I am NOT homophobic, I have had gay friends since 1976, long before it was “chic”. With few exceptions, none of my friends ever behaved the way they do on tv.
Anderson’s show was one I looked forward to since inception…it increasingly got worse and I finally lost all respect for him. I can’t “unsee’ him and his antics, I can’t even bear
to watch him on CNN now. Sorry for the reality check. :(

Marie Moore October 6, 2013 at 1:05 pm

this is for Deb King- To each his own and you are certainly welcome to your own opinion- but I am sure glad that I don’t know you personally as I feel you are really small minded and I feel sorry for you that you cannot enjoy life and it’s realities more.

Anonymous January 24, 2014 at 10:50 am

you go ,girl!

Anonymous January 24, 2014 at 10:49 am

I enjoyed seeing him loosen up a bit. He’s got a great personality and he let it show! I think he’s fascinating!

giscar September 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I am very disappointed to learn Anderson Live will not come back this fall. I loved this show when I learned to know Anderson who is unique very simple and he made me laught so many times by his non affected attitude. I liked his laught and “candeur”. I will mist all of them. It was a very fresh formule and it is very sad that we won’t be able to see it anymore. No show was like this. So, so sorry

Cheryl B September 10, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I was shocked yesterday when I turned on my TV to watch Anderson and it was gone! Just gone! I don’t watch a lot of television but I timed my day so I could watch his program as it was never boring or contrived. Who needs to know that this program is too fun to take away? Once again, money talks regardless of the popularity of a program. At least I still have CNN but , darn it, I like his sense of humor and he can’t really giggle on the news.