Beauty and the Beast: Season Three for CW Series

Beauty and the Beast ratingsIn what will likely go down as the surprise renewal of the season, The CW has ordered a third season of ratings-challenged Beauty and the Beast. The show has performed poorly this season and was even yanked off the schedule a few months ago.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The show is the network’s second-lowest rated series of the season, attracting an average of a 0.2 demo rating and just 770,000 weekly viewers. The show was put on hiatus in March with the remaining six episodes of season two slated to air this summer, beginning June 2nd.

Word is that the season three renewal is a result of strong international sales for CBS (which co-owns the network).

What do you think? Are you glad that Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season or do you think it should have been cancelled.

Brandi September 21, 2014 at 12:07 am

Great show! Needs to be renewed! Don’t miss a show.

charlie September 20, 2014 at 8:10 pm

I am glad I love this show my favorite I would have been very sad if it did not thanks

Shirley September 17, 2014 at 2:32 am

Love this show along with my family

eliza stewrat September 13, 2014 at 2:49 am

renew – good show keep ‘good ‘ winning over bad and the darker side which is possible in all.

Shelby September 10, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Love the show and want to see more

angie September 9, 2014 at 5:32 am

I FREAKING LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!! Every week I look forward to watching it! I watched the original series and I was elated when this series started. Please, keep the episodes coming. I can’t wait till the nest season starts.

Darlene September 5, 2014 at 11:56 am

This is a great show with amazing actors!!! The change is scheduling and poor advertising has done so much damage that I don’t think the show is going to survive. Rogers Communications in Canada completely removed this from any of their lineups and had to be purchased online in order to watch season 2. Extremely frustrating when there are so many lousy “reality” shows that offer no amount of entertainment or true substance as this has been overdone in too many different formats. Give this show a fighting chance!!!

Patricia August 31, 2014 at 10:21 am

I have been watching this show from the start…LOVE IT!! I don’t think it had enough press, especially when they changed nights! Cat is a woman for us to look up to, she is strong and will do anything for the people she loves. Every new season I frantically check to see if it’s renewed…so excited to see what’s next!!! Thank you for another season!!

Felicia Koerner September 1, 2014 at 11:57 am

Hi Patricia I agree with you on when they changed the nights that started to worry me. Vincent plays his part well also. I don’t know when Season 3 will start but I hope very soon