Beauty and the Beast: Season Three for CW Series

Beauty and the Beast ratingsIn what will likely go down as the surprise renewal of the season, The CW has ordered a third season of ratings-challenged Beauty and the Beast. The show has performed poorly this season and was even yanked off the schedule a few months ago.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The show is the network’s second-lowest rated series of the season, attracting an average of a 0.2 demo rating and just 770,000 weekly viewers. The show was put on hiatus in March with the remaining six episodes of season two slated to air this summer, beginning June 2nd.

Word is that the season three renewal is a result of strong international sales for CBS (which co-owns the network).

What do you think? Are you glad that Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season or do you think it should have been cancelled.

Porky October 20, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Thrilled Beauty and the Beast is returning. A lot of my friends and family are excited about it returning. Keep up the good work CW.

Anonymous October 18, 2014 at 3:12 pm

I love the show. It has the element of love, suspense, thriller, unpredictability etc.

Anonymous October 11, 2014 at 6:46 pm

They should never cancel that show. I love it and many others do too. This is truly a great TV show.

Tonya Green October 11, 2014 at 6:00 am

I can’t believe there’s even talk of cancellation. I don’t understand how the ratings aren’t thru the roof maybe it’s lack of advertising! I didn’t see a preview until about 2 months ago. I’ve spent all my extra time, that I’m not watching the numerous other series’s that I watch, catching up to season 3 of Beauty And The Beast!!! Love Love Love it!

karla October 8, 2014 at 12:14 pm

love it! Great story line. Edge of your seat. Makes you love or hate the characters. WHY would they even consider it?

belinda October 7, 2014 at 8:55 pm