Beauty and the Beast: Season Two Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsDespite having The Vampire Diaries as a lead-in, the ratings for The CW‘s Beauty and the Beast declined quite a bit last season. How will the show do this year? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season? Stay tuned to find out.

On Beauty and the Beast, a beautiful detective (Kristin Kreuk), navigates her evolving relationship with a handsome doctor (Jay Ryan) who becomes a terrifying beast. Others in the cast are Austin Basis, Brian White, Max Brown, and Nina Lisandrello.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/8 update: Beauty and the Beast has been renewed for a third season.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 800,000 viewers.

Last year comparison: The first season of Beauty and the Beast averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Debbie Kiser March 29, 2015 at 11:55 pm

I have watched many different versions of the Beauty and the Beast love story and have enjoyed them all but CW’s version is very well done. I have been a fan from the beginning and I am now 57 years old. I don’t know why anyone would want to see this show cancelled. If they don’t like it they should watch something else. A lot of people over 50 watch the show and really like the cast.

xpetti4 March 31, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I totally agree with you. I do not watch the vampire shows. That is my choice. But I do not make comments to cancel them. I love this show and I am 67. The actors work so well together and a female has the lead heroine role. They also have good story plots, buta sometimes tahey finish them too fast. They could extend to the next show. And I am so glad lying and conniving Gabe is gone. I wish Sam could have been on longer. He was quite a character.

Susan ward March 18, 2015 at 11:56 am

Really enjoy this show and love the cast

xpetti4 February 15, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Don’t faint!!! BATB will return on Thursday, May 21, 2015. 8/7c CW.
I can hardly contain myself with joy. Let’s all roar!!!!

Brenda February 14, 2015 at 1:53 pm

This is the best show on tv. The only one that comes close is The Black List. Jay and Kristin are the absolute best. Everything about the show tops all the others. The direction, the writing(I would like to see more love scenes, after all it is about them) the supporting cast and the overall quality of the show is wonderful. And why don’t you guys think anyone over 50 watches tv? Ask your director, I think he is over 50. Besides we have the money!!

Kathy February 14, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I’ve been waiting for this to come back on in 2015 so I really hope it’s not canceled!

Kathy February 14, 2015 at 7:31 pm

I’m 62 and this is my absolute favorite show. Lots of my age watch, we’re just not the target demographic. Can’t understand why people that don’t like the show have to be ugly and want it off the air. I don’t like a lot of what’s on television but I don’t tell those viewers that it’s awful and should be cancelled. Get a life, watch what you like and let us watch what we like. B&TB is awesome entertainment and I hope this 3rd season is more like season one.

Rebecca Ross February 14, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Beasties of all ages love BATB! I’m 70 and have watched it from the beginning, loving the story line, the cast and awesome crew that keep the series going. Especially love the chemistry between Jay and Kristin. Love it!!

Andrea Jensen February 14, 2015 at 10:58 pm

I have posted this same comment several times. I believe the appeal universal – at the heart it‘s a love story. Not just between a man and woman but between friends. I’m 62 and my mom is 86 we watch it together. I just don’t understand why everyone isn’t watching! Thank you for S4, thanks to all who watch #BATBB.