Black Box: Has the ABC TV Show Been Cancelled?

Black Box TV show canceled or season two?ABC recently cancelled several shows (Mixology, Suburgatory, Betrayal, etc.) and renewed many others (Resurrection, Revenge, The Goldbergs, etc.). What about the new Black Box series that airs on Thursday nights?

The show revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The show debuted on April 24th to a poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. The ratings have gotten even worse as the weeks have progressed. This week’s installment hit a new low with a 1.1 rating and 4.31 million.

While ABC hasn’t cancelled Black Box, they surely will. The ratings have just been too low to be renewed for a second season.

The question now is, “Will all of the episodes air?” There are nine episodes remaining. If the ratings keep going down, the network could easily pull the show and replace it with reruns. Hopefully they’ll either air or release them so the show’s small audience can see them.

What do you think? Do you think that Black Box should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Do you think ABC should air all of the episodes they have?

Nancie King October 20, 2014 at 9:06 am

Loved the show
It portrays bi-polar in realistic form. Enlightens viewers!
My son took his own life because of this disorder
It gives people’s real look at the worst and the
Best of by- polar…. Please return the series!
Nancie

darlene October 17, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Ilove the show!!!!!

Dee J October 16, 2014 at 1:11 am

I would like to see Black box come back to finish its series. I was fascinated by the show!!

Leah Chasey October 16, 2014 at 12:44 am

Please don’t cancel Black box, it is one of the best weekly shows that i really enjoy… Keep Black box on!!!!

Jeannie Wilson October 11, 2014 at 9:09 am

Please if you have any more episodes of Black Box find a way to show them! I LO VEthis show.

connie October 9, 2014 at 12:24 pm

This is a show that kept my interest and would really like to see it continue. Please Don’t Cancel This.

Cheri Fox October 6, 2014 at 3:55 am

I loved it and was truly looking forward to a full second season.

julia October 5, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Black box was absolutely fascinating and most definitely my favorite show (and I watch a lot of shows!) Please renew black box!!!

Dianne C October 3, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I loved this show & looked forward to watching it every week. It’s about time that non-Bipolar people see what it is to be Bipolar & see that we are not murderers or dangerous to others. The show also showed that People with BiPolar illness are very intelligent & can be Physicians etc. Dr Black was very empathic with her patients & would do anything to help them. The only thing that I think about the show is that it had too much emphasis on the sexual relationship with the neurosurgeon. It could have been a little overboard with a lot of viewers.

Diane T October 2, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Blackbox was actually my favorite show and looked so forward to fall to watch again. The show was well written with great actors. Please bring back:)

Anonymous October 5, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Mine too ! Hope they bring the show back. A very different approach to being bi_polar and how people cope with this difficult condition.

Anonymous October 20, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Nancy I agree completely. I am Bipolar & wanted to take my life many times. So sorry about your son but do understand. The public needs a show like this to be educated as to what being Bipolar is all about.
Dianne C