Black Box: Has the ABC TV Show Been Cancelled?

Black Box TV show canceled or season two?ABC recently cancelled several shows (Mixology, Suburgatory, Betrayal, etc.) and renewed many others (Resurrection, Revenge, The Goldbergs, etc.). What about the new Black Box series that airs on Thursday nights?

The show revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The show debuted on April 24th to a poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. The ratings have gotten even worse as the weeks have progressed. This week’s installment hit a new low with a 1.1 rating and 4.31 million.

While ABC hasn’t cancelled Black Box, they surely will. The ratings have just been too low to be renewed for a second season.

The question now is, “Will all of the episodes air?” There are nine episodes remaining. If the ratings keep going down, the network could easily pull the show and replace it with reruns. Hopefully they’ll either air or release them so the show’s small audience can see them.

What do you think? Do you think that Black Box should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Do you think ABC should air all of the episodes they have?

Jean November 26, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Love this show. I hope it gets renewed…and I certainly hope they air the remaining episodes.

Anita Jones-Dye November 17, 2014 at 8:47 pm

PLEASE!!! Don’t cancel Black Box!

sheryl November 16, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Black Box was my favorite show on TV! It is so realistic and the actors/characters portrayals were brilliant. I hate to see this show disappear; can someone at another network give it a chance? The age demographics truly do not matter; I know doctors that loved this show! I am talking about those of us that are middle age; not kids growing up on Nintendo. PLEASE RETURN THIS SHOW – IT IS ONE OF THE BEST! Too many of the BEST shows have been canceled. Why is this?

Joy Colombo November 14, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I hope they keep Blackbox on the air. It’s a great show and the cast is terrific. Looking forward to continue more episodes of Blackbox. M

Anonymous November 15, 2014 at 8:29 am

Carmen November 15, 2014 at 8:44 am

Are they going to at least show the episodes they already made?Why doesn’t another network pick it up&give it a real chance? It would do better if it was promoted better&lined up in a slot next to shows that are more progressive in content&dialogue.I’m so mad! Every time I find a show I can really get into it gets cancelled.Utopia,Suburgatory,Lost Girl,Touch,Black Box. Like I always say,there’s no accounting for some people’s taste.AAAARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!

Carmen November 15, 2014 at 8:46 am

Kharma Chameleon November 14, 2014 at 5:46 pm

DAMN U FOX! WHY CAN’T BLACK BOX GO TO ANOTHER NETWORK LIKE TNT? I KNW IT WOULD SUCCEED IF ONLY IT WAS GIVEN A CHANCE,PROMOTED BETTER&IN THE RIGHT TIME SLOT&DAY!I HAD A LOT MORE TO SAY BUT I SEE ITS ALRDY BN SAID.CAN’T THEY AT LEAST LET US SEE ALL THE EPISODES THEY ALRDY MADE?HOW RUDE!

Rona Riley November 17, 2014 at 8:46 pm

To Damn You Fox! Black box was on channel 7, ABC. Can’t wait for it to come back.

Gabi B-B November 11, 2014 at 9:29 am

I love the show!!! We need anohter season!!

J November 10, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I think this show should return. I love the romance and the drama. The part where she goes crazy when she doesn’t take her pills is a part no one should miss. Why r u guys pulling the show over stupid ratings just leave it be and the show might get better. Just plzzzzzz keep it thx!!!!

MJ November 8, 2014 at 2:55 am

I really liked this show. It’s a tool that opens dialogue regarding brilliance and mental illness and how to be relatable to this tabu subject. There are terrible shows that have stayed on for seasons and have absolutely no value nor content. BB had a great story line ,actors and great characters.

Becky November 6, 2014 at 8:31 pm

I think the network should continue the show. This something people can relate to. Why do networks think shows like the Simpsons are good? Whatever happen good ole family shows?

Chris Peterson November 5, 2014 at 1:34 am

I think another season is best, sometimes it takes a season to identify with the people and get to know them and their story lines.

Jessica November 3, 2014 at 9:08 pm

They should definitely continue the show.i love it and like me I do think there’s more people waiting fox the next season.

Angelina November 1, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Black Box NEEDS another season. It’s one of my favorite shows.

Deb Saviano October 31, 2014 at 12:34 am

Its one of the best shows ive eve r seen.

Ronny October 28, 2014 at 9:55 pm

I am totally devastated “Black Box” incredible show all of the actos are great!.. It’s just a great show, I love the charater “Katherine” and her moods when she’s off her meds; such great acting and very real; it’s just a refreshing show. I’m very dissapointed if this show gets cancelled..sad..Sick of the “realistic”‘ stuff; let’s get some real good actors a chance to take us away…………………..