Black Box: Has the ABC TV Show Been Cancelled?

Black Box TV show canceled or season two?ABC recently cancelled several shows (Mixology, Suburgatory, Betrayal, etc.) and renewed many others (Resurrection, Revenge, The Goldbergs, etc.). What about the new Black Box series that airs on Thursday nights?

The show revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The show debuted on April 24th to a poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. The ratings have gotten even worse as the weeks have progressed. This week’s installment hit a new low with a 1.1 rating and 4.31 million.

While ABC hasn’t cancelled Black Box, they surely will. The ratings have just been too low to be renewed for a second season.

The question now is, “Will all of the episodes air?” There are nine episodes remaining. If the ratings keep going down, the network could easily pull the show and replace it with reruns. Hopefully they’ll either air or release them so the show’s small audience can see them.

What do you think? Do you think that Black Box should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Do you think ABC should air all of the episodes they have?

Roni March 18, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I miss this show so much. It brought so many things that people who suffer with bipolar to light & there are so many people out there that could relate to the show. So sad how so many people follow the scripted lives of people on all these reality shows, yet show no interest in the scripts that truly reflect the intensity of feelings that people who are bipolar deal with on a day to day basis. I think this shows how out of touch with REALITY the world has really become. This is disturbing to me and it breaks my heart.

Frankie Rizzuto March 18, 2015 at 1:52 pm

I loved this show, it was fresh different, interesting, shined a light on Bipolar I’m so sick of cop shows, except for Secrets of Laura because it’s funny too. but seriously, I wish they would reconsider, also I thought the acting was awesome. please reconsider, or at least let us see the rest of the episodes, it’s not fair to keep us hanging. Thanks for listening! Signed dissapointed!!!!!

CTS March 14, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Please bring back blackbox this is one of the best TV series I have ever seen.there is an entire section of TV viewers it is being ignored and we are a large population bring back Black Box! And I am not bipolar this was great TV.

Holly March 12, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Please bring this back! I very much enjoyed every episode. This is such a shame :(

Jayne March 7, 2015 at 9:04 pm

I love this show. I am Bipolar and see a lot of what I go through in this show. It shouldn’t have be cancelled. It gives a real look into the real Bipolar thinking and how we go from Manic to crashing and being totally depressed and suicidal. And what happens when we are on our medication, and what happens when we go off the medication. ABC you SUCK !!

Paula February 26, 2015 at 8:52 pm

This show was excellent! Everything is about numbers and it’s a down right shame!! This show touched on what a lot of people are struggling with but are afraid to admit or seek treatment for. It seems that TV shows that are profound and meaningful get canceled. Not fair. Where are the 18-49 yr. old’s heads?! This show was the bomb!!! I’m 59 and was diggin’ it!!!

Ro Rice February 23, 2015 at 3:09 pm

I love this show!!! Please renew!!!! Show all episodes!!!! Great Show!!!!! Please stay on!!!!! I would be very DISAPPOINTED!!!

Rose Hird February 14, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Please renew this series. It is great,best actors ever. Also reveals aspects
Of people that suffer from bipolar. The highs & lows, insomnia.

Toni February 7, 2015 at 8:56 am

I really liked this show and was looking forward to the new season! I am so disappointed

Fonda February 5, 2015 at 1:53 pm

I LOVED THIS SHOW!!! It reminds me of the show DO NO HARM which I also loved. I know it’s all about the numbers but even if they didn’t think it was doing welll they could have sent both shows to NETFLIX or HULU.

tiger kittenn February 4, 2015 at 8:40 pm

miss it. Hope the show is brought back.

Angela King February 4, 2015 at 12:36 am

I LOVE Black Box!!! I seriously hope it won’t be cancelled!!! :’-(
I HATE reality TV (except for the singing competitions and game shows) and couldn’t care less about celebrities personal lives and all the gossip that goes on!
They’ve already cancelled The Lying Game (which I couldn’t miss an episode of!!) and The Client List (which I ALSO loved!)!!
Who does these ratings and how do they get the results???
Ughhhhh!!!!!

dp February 2, 2015 at 2:49 pm

I loved this show. Please continue it.

Lori February 1, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I totally loved thus show and will be disappointed if it is cancelled

kiyya January 30, 2015 at 9:13 am

this is horrible.. i loved the show and was soooo looking forward to the new season. this show gives the life of a bi-polar person and it was cancelled instead we keep shows like reality tv. this sucks … ABC we are disapponited in you ..you guys are messing up my thursday line up.. uuugggggg!!!!!