BrandX with Russell Brand: Season One Ratings

TV ratings for BrandX with Russell Brand on FXOn FX’s BrandX with Russell Brand, the comic offers his own peculiar take on the news events of the day. Will it bring big ratings for the cable channel? Does cable need another comedic look at the news?

The comedy’s ratings are the best way to tell if BrandX with Russell Brand will be cancelled or renewed for a second season. The first season typically airs Thursday nights on FX and there are just six episodes.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 07/12/12
Unknown

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 07/05/12
Unknown

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 06/28/12
0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.07 million total viewers.
Season averages: 0.50 in the demo with 1.07 million.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like the new BrandX with Russell Brand TV series? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Zach Bybee August 9, 2012 at 8:58 pm

You have to take into consideration Russel’s very different and eccentric personality when watching this show. This clearly isn’t your run in the mill talk show with one person standing (or sitting) on stage talking about stuff. He’s brought a lot of different aspects to the typical american talk show from the likes of which you wouldn’t see on The Daily Show, Colbert Report, or other late night talk shows on Mainstream channels. My opinion, is to give him credit for what he’s pulling on to the show, and that he’s not committing himself to the ethical routine that is so common in today’s talk shows. A lot of the controversy with Russel is his character and how it’s portrayed on the show, but not everybody is cut out for the same show.

Mike B August 4, 2012 at 10:54 am

Terrible. Could not watch and entire episode. He is far from funny. Gave him another chance, he fails at comedy. Please go back to England!

Delta August 2, 2012 at 6:06 am

I’ll give Brand this, he’s glib. That’s about all I’ll give him though. Ok, he was slightly funny in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, basically playing himself in a part that was (had to be?) admittedly (re)written specifically for him. Otherwise I find his surface-deep sheen of faux intellectuality tiring and, ultimately, not worth the time or effort to follow along.

Of course, I’m not the impressionable young twit(ter generation) sponge brain that is surely his target demographic. I already have opinions of my own that aren’t based on being fashionably trendy. Neither am I female, nor gender-confused adolescent male.

In a just universe his sidekick would have a show and Brand would be the dancing monkey.

Tatiana July 24, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I love this show. It is a breath of fresh air, a sexy, dirty little secret, a guilty pleasure. More please!

Krissy July 6, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I love Mr. Brand and I’ve read all of his books. I enjoy his energy and would love to have a 5 minute conversation about anything in general with him, but I think I’m missing the point of this show. I know he has a lot to say about politics and such but when I finish watching his show I can’t figure out wtf I just watched. I’d rather listen to him talk about girls fannies than money. Lovely man stick to what you know best:*

John July 5, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Show is really dumb and needs to be canceled, because it is not even funny and it is very hard to understand