BrandX with Russell Brand

TV series BrandX with Russell Brand on FXNetwork: FX
Episodes: 36 (half-hour and hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: June 28, 2012 – May 2, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Russell Brand and Matt Stoller.

past TV show

TV show description:
Produced in Los Angeles, this late-night comic TV series features comedian Russell Brand’s unvarnished and unfiltered point of view on current events, worldwide politics and popular culture.

He takes on the news of the day, using his unconventional sensibility, spirituality, humor and status as a recently transplanted Englishman to get to the bottom of what the news really means. The show is driven by Brand’s interaction with a live audience as he discusses pundits, news makers and activists (many of whom he calls his friends).

In addition, former Congressional policy adviser and Harvard University graduate Matt Stoller appears as a political, economic and historical consultant.
space

Series Finale

Episode #36
Kevin Nealon is the guest.
First aired: May 2, 2013.

space

What do you think? Do you like the BrandX with Russell Brand series? Are you sorry that it won’t be back for a third season?

Anonymous June 13, 2013 at 3:13 am

Cancelled because the revolution will not be televised! Russell Brand was awake and very wise. I now only view Big Bang Theory repeats on my cable television set. Brand X Live # will undoubtedly have some “reality” show plugged in its place. Thank you western civilization and the illusion of choice!

throatpunch February 7, 2013 at 2:49 am

Another season of this brain dead liberal moron saying ironic things ironically. Great.
“Scary smart”? What are you, 5 years old?

Michelle September 11, 2012 at 12:50 pm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. It’s scary smart. Super funny and refreshingly relevant.

Mary Ann September 3, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I love the show. Up there with the Colbert Report for intelligence, humor, and ‘the real’ news. Keep i on!

Morgan August 21, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Love this show. I like kambau too but I miss brand x on Thursdays when will there be more episodes?!?!

Lynda Tamara July 2, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I like the show, I like his style. When will people stop breathing down his back it is a NEW SHOW ANY NEW show takes some time to gain it’s momentum and especially with someone as genuine as Russell Brand. I have seen several other late night show hosts that did not start out that strong and now are holding their own. And not everyone really gets his humor or way, but his fans find him very entertaining and thought provoking. I think the show will do well if not it is a sad example of the mentality of all the ridiculous reality shows that I can’t believe are still on. I wish him only the best and always enjoy his work.

CB July 17, 2012 at 7:17 pm

The show sucks a whole lot of ass

FireTruK September 5, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Saw the first two episodes and didnt return for a third.