Burn Notice: A Seventh, Final Season Renewal Coming?

According to Deadline, USA Network is close to renewing Burn Notice for a seventh but final season of 13 episodes.

The series was renewed for fifth and sixth seasons back in April 2010 and has remained USA’s most popular TV show. The first 10 episodes of season six aired over the summer and have averaged a 1.2 demo rating with 4.4 million viewers.

The remaining eight installments of the sixth season will start running next Thursday, on November 8th. The season is set to wrap on December 20th with a pair of episodes.

Suits, Royal Pains, White Collar and Covert Affairs have been given renewals in recent months while Fairly Legal and Common Law were cancelled. The fate of Necessary Roughness, which returns in January with the remaining five episodes of its second season, is still up in the air.

What do you think? Is it time for Burn Notice to end or would you like to see it continue for many more seasons?

Alexis February 18, 2014 at 12:38 pm

You have to keep the show. There is no need to stop now. This is one of the best shows i have ever watched. And i love shows like this; like White Collar, Covert Affairs, Suits, NCIS, NCIS LA, really any show that has you guessing what would happen next. KEEP IT GOING!

Edna August 30, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Please continue the Burn Notice series. I am 81 years old and enjoy watching the intriguing and exciting show along with the characters who play the parts. This is my favorite show along with NCIS. Now, I will only have NCIS until they decide to cancel.

haron August 17, 2013 at 1:35 pm

For heavens sake, if it aint broke, dont fix it! KEEP IT !

Sandra Cameron July 27, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Please don’t take this show off the air, It’s number one in my book! And bring Mike & Theona back together! Why do you guys always take the the best off on Thursday nite?

Hude June 19, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Keep it going! Love the characters, actors, acting & storylines. If you guys cancel this great show, you’d better make it a happy ending! Not some tragedy that will leave us miserable!!!

laurav May 30, 2013 at 12:01 pm

burn notice is one of my favorite shows and I always look forward to seeing it. it doesn’t matter if it is a re-run or a new episode, this is a really good show and should not be cancelled. I know that myself, my husband and many other people I know really love the show..i am very disappointed that it will not be on..right now I am watching re-runs and I can never get enough.i hope that something will change and it will still be on after all.

Dixie Rudolph May 23, 2013 at 8:18 pm

PLEASE – PLEASE do not end this show. It;s the best on your channel – WHY end a winner? It is my favorite show and can really relate to it .

Anonymous May 16, 2013 at 12:24 pm

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denise May 12, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I tell you producers and creators and the affiliates suck like always. How come you guys take a away a great great show? everyone doesnt like these reality shows, we like shows that make people go “Yes Yes Yes” to keep us watching. you took ways my monk, closer and etc…let them go on till they say know one is watching..stop always wanting the money..you cant take money with you too the grave. Its only use to pay bills and food and take a vacation which everyone needs. One thing you can take with you is the shows that made you..which is a legacy!!!!!

Anonymous April 10, 2013 at 8:08 pm

keep it going love the show

Greg November 24, 2012 at 11:11 pm

The show has kind of jumped the shark so to speak. It was a great show with the format of Michael and the team helping a “client” for 3/4 of the show then working on his being burned in the final 10 minutes. The plot lines have become absurd. It’s time for it to go out while it still has a following.

Ruby Snow November 6, 2012 at 3:23 am

I heard “My name is Michael Westen, I used to be a spy” in that voice and I had to stop and actually sit down and watch a tv show. That was Season 3, I quickly caught up and have to rewatch in the breaks. It’s a great show. You have to pay attention and the reward is a fun, interesting, intriguing ride. I like the story completed + a new piece to the season-long story within the same episode. Besides the characters: villains and heroes. Great actors. Great guest stars. Love/Hate Larry. Hated Anson! If the creative team believes they are done… How about a couple of 2hr episodes to tell us the rest of the answers. It will be on my library forever.

Trish November 6, 2012 at 2:24 am

Definitely renew the show. USA admits it’s their highest rated show….why cancel now? We want more. Ride this pony as long as you can. If it keeps us coming back, how is that a bad thing?

Laura Gaspardo November 5, 2012 at 7:29 pm

This is GREAT!! Burn Notice coming back for another season. Great show with superb actors and an intriguing plot that keeps you coming back for more. Can’t wait for November 8th to find out what happens next.

johne November 5, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I was ridiculed and told to stop watching the series when I said that I felt the series needed to be canceled. Not because it’s not a great program because it is, it is hands down one of the best TV series out there, but that’s not the problem.

The real issue here is after pretty much wrapping up the “Who burned Michael?” storyline, they didn’t move on from it. Instead they brought back, tarnished, and the killed off a recurring character so as to be able to extend that very same storyline.

I’ve been a loyal fan of Burn Notice from the very first episode and I’m not saddened by this news if anything I’m glad. Because the series got what SO many others TV series have never gotten, several renewals past what the series should have actually gotten.