Chuck: What Did You Think of the Last Episode?

Chuck series finaleAfter five seasons and narrowly escaping being cancelled several times, Chuck has come to an end. Tonight, NBC aired the final two episodes of the underdog TV series that got a true series finale — one that you’d hope that any beloved show could get.

As promised, the finale hearkened back to the early days of the series and provided more than a few references to the early episodes. Chuck was determined, in his old geeky way, to bring Sarah back to her senses. He did but she still didn’t have her memories.

A bomb that was attached to the General’s chair at the opera house would go off as soon as the musical performance (thanks to Jeffster and Morgan conducting) stopped. Given the choice to use Intersect himself to diffuse the bomb or use it to restore Sarah’s memories, Chuck of course makes the hero’s choice. He saves the day, at the cost of losing what he’d built with his true love.

For any longtime viewer, it would be tough to hold back tears as the trio disbanded, first Casey and then Sarah left Chuck standing alone.

Still, there were plenty of happy events. The Jeffster guys are offered a big record deal with a German music company. Subway (a longtime Chuck sponsor) buys out the Buy More. How fitting. Morgan moves in with Alex. Ellie and Captain Awesome move to Chicago to work at a hospital. Casey goes after Verbanski.

The series ends with Chuck finding Sarah on their beach, still confused. He tells her that he’ll always be there for her, whatever she does and wherever she goes. She responds by asking him to tell her a story. And he does, recounting the events and details of their time together over the last five years. They share a lot of laughter and tears.

Chuck then says, “Morgan, has this crazy idea… He thinks that with just one kiss, you’ll remember everything.” She asks, “One magical kiss?”

He says, “Yeah…” Sarah quickly responds, “Chuck… kiss me.” And he does, and they kiss over and over on the beach, as the camera pulls back and the scene fades to black. End of series.

What do you think? Were you satisfied by the Chuck series finale? Was there anything missing?

Totally Disappointed February 16, 2014 at 9:17 pm

That was a HORRIBLE ENDING!!! I am so upset that I cant even speak. Horrible!!!!!

Mark March 1, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Just finished Netflix download over 6 days.
Very sad ending. Didn’t see it coming .

Jenny February 16, 2014 at 2:39 am

I Started this program with my fiancĂ© at the time this show came out in 2007- we would watch it together every week…but didn’t get to finish this series until today-years later-thank goodness for netflix….this show ment a lot to me with memories of my own….adapting to the characters and the taste of music behind the series was incredible ….so when I finished the last episode today….I cried for all the wonderful memories this show brought…. I was a little broken hearted the way they decided to end it…..I guess mad that all those years chuck didn’t get Sara’s unconditional love….but it still was a nice ending to a possibility for a 6 season which we know that never happened…..the kiss was a nice touch to know that Sara will remember in time……the actors did a wonderful job in bringing this “family” to life for us and I hope one day they will return to us….

Just do one more season February 4, 2014 at 5:53 am

That was a sad end and chuck is a part of my heart, do ons more season

MAD AS HELL January 18, 2014 at 2:56 pm

How can they put this ending never been this mad and confused in my entire life…..

BT December 31, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I was certainly not satisfied, however, hopeful that Sarah WILL remember “Her Chuck”. Because he never ever gives up on her. It is tough for a man to give all emotions but Chuck has been crazy about her from the very beginning. They actually should be considering a mini-series format to complete the series. I have already written storylines starting from the kiss if only I get in tough with the executive producers & creators to finish this love story, that is not only heartwarming but believeable. If anyone can help me get it to the powers that be please please please contact me.

Velibor December 27, 2013 at 9:13 am

This is not a good way to end it all. Needed more of a happy ending

kalen November 23, 2013 at 7:08 pm

i think they should air chuck again please this makes me sad i wanna find out what happends does chuck and sarah have kids get the house what happends to jeffster the buy more,morgan and alex casey please make anouther come back episode im sure it would make the fans of this show really happy

JustLoveChuck November 18, 2013 at 1:51 am

I discovered Chuck on Netflix and I simply just love this TV series. Why did it have to get only 5 years and why did NBC not promote this show more then they did, it is simply ‘awesome’, :(,

Anonymous November 16, 2013 at 11:25 am

not a good way to end it all. needed more of a happy ending.