Criminal Minds: Season Nine Ratings

Criminal Minds season nine ratingsBack for its ninth season on CBS, Criminal Minds is often overlooked but has long been a solid performer for the network. Still, the show’s ratings did see a good-sized drop last season. Will the numbers continue to fall or will they rise again? Will it ever be cancelled? We shall see.

Criminal Minds continues to follow the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) out of Quantico. This season’s cast is Thomas Gibson, Joe Mantegna, A.J. Cook, Shemar Moore, Matthew Gray Gubler, Kirsten Vangsness, and Jeanne Tripplehorn.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.88 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The eighth season of Criminal Minds averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.43 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Criminal Minds TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a 10th season?

KATHY July 23, 2014 at 9:51 pm

DO NOT cancel CRIMINAL MINDS!!!! Get rid of Blake. Didn’t like her at all. Keep all the rest of the cast. Bring back Prentiss too!!!

Linda July 9, 2014 at 1:53 am

Do not cancel show, it is great, should of killed off Blake, not that believable for her to split.

star May 31, 2014 at 9:20 am

please continue I love this show

Brenda July 1, 2014 at 7:51 am

Loved the show was extremely disappointed it was cancelled (June 2014)
Suddenly!!! Bring it back !! Pay enough, on our Dstv channel

admin July 1, 2014 at 10:23 am

Criminal Minds hasn’t been cancelled. It will be back in the fall.

SRK May 15, 2014 at 1:06 am

Initially liked this show but its getting repetitive, which to be fair is to be expected given the shows subect matter. I think too its more than a little idealized and somwwhat simplistic in its approach. The bad guys almost always very bad and get caught and in record time. Reality is of course substantially different and its not always as clear who is good and who is bad. Indeed the FBI has had a lot of negative press of late.

I think for really gritty realistic shows in the crime genre its hard to go past the UK’s offerings or those of some of the Scandanavian countries. Still Criminal Minds is not bad and certainly entertains.

Jeremy May 21, 2014 at 8:14 am

repetitive? You haven’t seen the finale I assume…

Happygoth May 14, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Criminal Minds is the ONLY show on network tv that I watch. Except for Blake, I’ve loved all the characters from the start. Miss Prentiss terribly and wish her back even though I hear she is on a new series. I cant wait each week to see my “family” of crime fighters. From Hotch’s wife dying to Morgan confessing to the world about his history of abuse, you laugh, cry and bleed with these characters . Please, PLEASE. Leave this series on for a good long time. I love it!

virginia May 14, 2014 at 10:13 pm

I enjoy watching the show. I’m glad it’s been renewed. I’m looking forward to see next season. I just wonder who will replace Blake. She was different but new. I image many will miss her.

Dakota May 14, 2014 at 5:53 am

I love Criminal Minds, they better keep the cast on, if someone needs to go I won’t miss Blake. I know Paget Brewster will be staring in a new show, if it don’t last maybe she will come back to Criminal Minds.
Never take off Criminal minds, they have the best cast, love all their characters.
( trivia: First episode Blake was in she used sign language and her on screen husband is on switched at birth where they always use sign language).

Jeri Kracz May 8, 2014 at 1:36 pm

My sister and I absolutely love Criminal Minds. We think it’s the best show on T.V. and watch the re-runs over and over. Maybe the reason for the down trend is the fact that the producers keep messing with their solid gold cast. Letting Emily get away was a huge mistake. She was definitely my favorite. Blake is nice but just doesn’t fit in with the others. There is no warmth and she seems older than the other girls. Reid’s girlfriend and Erin being killed off was upsetting to true fans and now, it looks like somebody else is leaving in the season finale. That might be it for me.

anonymouse May 13, 2014 at 11:04 pm

I agree that Tripplehorn is a downer & useless. That being said, I also agree that casting is killing this show. I have been a fan since it’s inception, yet if they kill-off my absolute favorite (“Spence”) there won’t be any reason to watch other than my second favorite (“Penelope”)~~& she’s not enough to plan my day around.

Medicine April 13, 2014 at 6:24 pm

The seventh season was their last season that was outstanding, after that, the soul of the show somehow died. It’s boring, plain, and what the hell is with that freaking camera? Seriously, the last few episodes it’s been shaking like some lush decided to film a backyard tv-show.
And what is with Morgan and his girlfriend, is the season finale how she dies, gets kidnapped or whatever? Hope it’s not, nothing original about that.
They should have let Reid’s girl survive, I was looking forward to developing his character.
If it doesn’t get better soon, it’s down the drain for them. Too bad, I really liked it.

Janet April 10, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I’m glad they renewed for season 10. But if they want to continue to season 11 and 12 they HAVE to get rid of Jeanne Tripplehorn. She is taking up to much screen time and she has Reid lying in a corner on a dark pitch. He had less than nothing to do these last 2 seasons. She doesn’t even bring something new to the table, she has smarts well Reid has that, she has authority well im pretty sure Hotch has that covered. Unless is her powerless bland acting or could it be her great chemistry with the producers, but let me be realistic here last time I checked being friends with a producer doesn’t make ratings. So huh, what the hell is she doing in that show? Have you seen the numbers season 4 and 5 had 14-15-16 million viewers. Season 8 and 9 had 9-10-11 viewers, I blame this not on the writers but on casting decisions. Ever since they been doing the now you see me- now you don’t magic trick with JJ and Prentiss, this show has been sinking. I jumped off before they start counting bodies. But when they realize they have been losing so many fans it’s going to be very late to make any changes.

MiaRia May 1, 2014 at 1:44 am

I totally agree!!! Get rid if Ms Teipplehorn who is a waste of airtime and bring back our beloved Spence! I’ve never liked her on the show and is so overbearing that I want to fast forward her parts on my DVR, but I may loose plot threads.

Anonymous April 2, 2014 at 9:11 pm

This show should have been cancelled years ago. It is so full of itself, and the acting so terrible that the only way to save it is to kill off Hotchner, Rossi, and Blake in a season finale to end all.

vin marchese March 26, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Criminal Minds has been, and still is, the best drama on TV. The cast interacts like a family unit and each is very believeable. The story lines are interesting and keep the viewers attention. It is a show that makes you think and react with the characters. Cancelling it would take away a very solid series, that features a cohesive cast. One of the best shows on TV. We consider it a go to show, even with the re-runs.

Me002 March 18, 2014 at 9:58 am

There are a fair few ppl (myself included) that are unable to watch the serious the nights that new episodes are aired:( if you do not. Own a recording device the you either download or in my case, and feel it’s the same for many Australians. I wait for the release of the DVD series and sometimes have to wait for the cost of purchasing to go down or layby.( make payments till I can afford to get it out) :(((
But can garantee I’m their laybying it the day it’s released.
I wish ratings would take shift workers into account, as we make a part of the fan base…

Anonymous May 28, 2014 at 11:45 pm

i live in lockport NY and i am addicted to Dr Reid and the whole show i love him . I anticipate coming Home from bible study, throwing my stuff down, feed and situate my son, get me some chicken and my remote, yall know what happen next. So please renew i am waiting for season 10 :)