Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Pantea September 4, 2013 at 5:33 am

I really like the series. Please bring it back. Please renew it and air it

Michele September 4, 2013 at 3:15 am

Love the show, bring it back

Eric September 3, 2013 at 7:12 pm

My wife and I really like this show. I will watch it on whatever network it is on.

MJ September 3, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Yes they should bring itn back. I also understand why American viewers had trouble watching it. Way to many complex stories at one time. But, it is a great show and exciting.

Anne September 3, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Please renew, I will watch on whatever channel it’s broadcast on!

Elyse J. September 3, 2013 at 11:37 am

That’s a two thumbs up for me on whether the Peacock Network should come to it’s senses and air the second season of Crossing Lines. It’s about time NBC and the other broadcast networks start airing complex, substantial, and intriguing programming. I’m sick to death of the proliferation of vampire and zombie programming and how many school girl crushes to we have to suffer through nightly? I can’t speak for anyone else, but when I watch TV., I like my brain to be engaged and I like to figure out the possible twists and turns the plot-lines will take. Finally, time to come clean, I’m a sucker for virtually anything in which William Fichtner appears. He adds quality, humor, gravitas, humanity, depth, and realism to any role I ever seen him play – Indie or big budget.
If the Peacock won’t air it on NBC, after giving Crossing Lines lousy promotion and an even worse time slot, I hope they’ll find room for it on the USA network.
Elyse J.
Poverty Lawyer

Sherrill September 2, 2013 at 10:23 am

yes, this needs to be renewed, my whole family loves this show, ages 26-62!

Nancy September 2, 2013 at 7:46 am

Please renew it and air it! I found it to be a breath of fresh air for cop dramas. Give the show a chance to develop for once. I’d definitely watch it on NBC or cable.

Tina September 6, 2013 at 8:52 pm

yes yes yes! we need more decent shows, they air them just enough to get your hopes up and then threaten to cancel them. Please keep this show!

Alex September 2, 2013 at 12:49 am

I definitely think the show should continue. I don’t care what network shows it, as long as it is shown on a channel that I can watch. BRING IT BACK!

Norma Peterson September 1, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Please bring it back, renew and broadcast it. I love this show. It is smart, intriguing and beautifully acted. America, please wake up to more thoughtful programming. We have few options of good programming on the networks. So many of us are tired of the mindless and degrading “comedies” being broadcast. Network’s please sustain better television such as “Crossing Lines,” “Missing,” “Zero Hour.”

Roxanne September 3, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I so agree with you I don’t care for reality tv I really enjoy watching well written crime dramas please air the second season of crossing lines I get so angry when I like a new show and the networks cancel it after a summer run.

Patti September 1, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I really like the series. Please bring it back.

connie September 1, 2013 at 4:25 pm

YES! Please renew! Of course, NBC
has a record of cancelling things that
go on to have better chances of longevity
somewhere else. Long live ” Crossing Lines.

Midge September 1, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Just watched the last 2 episodes on DVR. You cannot leave it up in the air like that, it is much too good a cast and story. Half of tv is wasted on vampires and other ridiculous trash. Keep a well done show.

Karen September 1, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Would definitely watch it. So much better than some of the totally predictable USA fare.

Richie September 1, 2013 at 11:36 am

Love the show! love the cast! love the locations! this show needs to return…I am worried about everyone…I hope they bring it back…