Cult: Cancelled by CW, Pulled from Schedule

imageThe CW has dropped Cult from the schedule and cancelled plans for future airings. There are six installments left unaired.

The low-rated thriller series was shipped to Fridays after a disappointing premiere and it’s performed dismally there, even for a Friday show.

There’s no word on what will become of the leftover episodes but CW execs supposedly liked what they saw.

Essentially conceding the cancellation, series creator Rockne S. O’Bannon wrote, “#Cult Sadly true. CW Execs once called the last 5 episodes “outstanding”. I guess too outstanding. You are great, SMART fans. Thx to u all!”

Reruns of The Carrie Diaries and Oh Sit!will fill the timeslot for the foreseeable future.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Cult has been cancelled? Would you purchase the show on DVD to see the unaired episodes?

Canceled and renewed TV show

52 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. cj says

talk about a big load of B.S. and im not talking about the show itself but about the cancellation. finally someone comes up with a show with an original idea to it and it gets the axe. way to go america with your addiction to “reality” television so caught up in teen mom that you cant appreciate a potentially great series. and as for the CW yeah you might have supernatural but ideas are getting scarce there and we are continually running into the same crap and you let it run 8 seasons. open your minds a little and give the little guys a chance now and then.
    sincerely,
    a very dissatisfied television fan

• Anonymous says

I 100% agree with you, the CW keeps lame shows like beauty and the beast and Super Natural and cancel the good ones, very disappointed CW

2. Great Show says

What a shame, the first episode was slow, but every preceding episode was better than the last? If the show had low ratings it had to be CW marketed the show. In my opinion it was one of the best shows out!

3. says

I getting really sick and tired of networks giving the ax to every possible “NEW” “SHOW ITS GETTING VERY RIDICULAS AND STUPID!!!! I JUST WANT TO GIVE UP WATCHING TV ALTOGETHER ITS JUST GETTING STUPID. THE ONLY NETWORKS I TRUST IS FX CAUSE IT JUST PLAYS GOOD MOVIES WITH LESS COMMERCIALS AND BBC THAT SHOWS AND COMMITTED TO LONGER RUNNING SHOWS WITOUT AXING ANYTHING!!!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU GREEDY NETWORKS! YOUR THE WORST NETWORKS IN HISTORY……

4. Margaret says

I was enjoying this series and I typically never watch the CW. I would purchase a DVD to see the un-aired episodes. Grimm is my favorite show so I watch that on Fridays at this time slot, but then I watch Cult on demand.

5. amylyn1970 says

I hurried to get my cats fed & then wondered why my dvr wasn’t recording only to find out that Cult wasn’t on. I then checked online & found out it had been cancelled. I am so mad. I really loved the show & was so looking forward to the next episode. It’s bad enough they cancelled 90210. If The Vampire Diaries ever gets gets cancelled then I’m done with The CW!!

6. vickie says

Really I’ve been watching this from day one. I was out shopping and hurried home to watch cult. Instead Carrie diaries…….great. I wasn’t happy. Not many episodes left. I want to know how it ends, this is not fair…….:-(

7. says

GG Come Back for a Full Season 7

GG Come Back for a Full Season 7

GG Come Back for a Full Season 7

90210 Come Back for a Full Season 6

90210 Come Back for a Full Season 6

90210 Come Back for a Full Season 6

90210 Come Back for a Full Season 6

90210 Come Back for a Full Season 6

90210 Come Back for a Full Season 6

The cw network should be focusing on renewing 90210 for a full season 6
    Nkita never had a raiting hit? So there is a chance that GG and 90210 could be renewed back on the network with no disappointing raitngs

8. erin says

Jenny
    these Neilson raitings ARE COMING FROM CBS AND I CAN IMAGINE THAT THE CW is still Working with CBS and that is the reason why the shows are been cancled, the CW network has quite working with CBS or more show will be canceled

9. Jenny says

This is BS! I really was getting into this show and they can’t even bother to show the last few!?? Thanks for wasting my time a-holes! But your keeping the Carrie diaries!? For real! This channel dumps shows way too soon, CW execs are out of touch!

10. erin says

Cut is one of my favorite shows on the cw network
    For a fresh new look cw network summer shows could be
    90210
    GG
    CULT
    Oh. Sit
    And 3 other new shows

For a fresh new look cw network fall schedule shows could be
    Carrie Daires

Nkita

Friday Schedule could add New shows

Wednesday and Schedule could be
    Arrow

Beauty And the Beast on Monday Schedule

11. Good says

My daughter and wife tried to get started on that show and my wife immediately dropped it once she saw the first episode ratings. Terrible show. It was just a matter of time. One less thing filling up the PVR.

12. says

It was an interesting concept, and the show had improved a *little* over the last couple of episodes, but the series really was awful — not quite “Zero Hour” horrendous, but still bad. The writing was unimaginative and far too “on the nose,” lacking any subtext. Most of the actors were wooden and flat, like a badly coached high school production. I’m honestly surprised it lasted this long.

13. robycop 3 says

‘Twas not a terrible show. While the CW’s shows have improved a little, they still should avoid more reality trash. Maybe they’ll resurrect “Cult” this summer.