CW Summer 2012 TV Ratings

CW summer 2012 ratingsThough The CW is the smallest network, with the fewest number of hours of primetime to program, they’re still running some original shows this summer.

There’s lots of information that FOX takes into consideration when cancelling or renewing a TV series but the ratings are the biggest factor, particularly the 18-49 demographic. That’s the group that the advertisers want to reach the most so the networks must cater to them.

Viewership is obviously lower during the summer months (here’s the CW report card for the regular 2011-12 season).

The following chart incorporates “summer” season ratings data through Thursday, September 6, 2012.

Demo
rank
TV showsDemo
grade
18-49 demo
rating (actual)
Viewers
in millions
1Oh Sit!A-0.4 (0.40)1.01ratings
2The NextC+0.3 (0.30)0.76ratings
3Breaking PointeC-0.3 (0.27)0.78ratings
4The CatalinaC-0.3 (0.26)0.68ratings
5LA ComplexD+0.2 (0.24)0.55ratings

Original ratings data ©The Nielsen Company. All rights reserved.

Other summer ratings report cards: ABC | CBS | FOX | NBC

A couple of things to remember:
The averages included in these charts are based on the final numbers, not the fast affiliate ratings that are reported the morning after a show airs. These final numbers become available one to three days later (depending on holidays or weekends).

Demo numbers are reported by Nielsen using the 10th decimal place (2.1, for example). In these charts, we’re including the rounded demo average as well as the average in 100ths (2.14, for example) in parenthesis so you can get a better idea of how the number’s been affected by the latest episode’s rating.

The letter grades are relative and are based on the individual network’s overall performance in either the scripted or non-scripted categories. The networks all have very different gauges for success. A hit show on The CW would get quickly cancelled on CBS. Our system for coming up with letter grades isn’t perfect but it should still give you an idea of where the shows stand when compared to others on the same network.

*The letter grades for TV series that run on Friday nights are weighted a little differently to compensate for them airing on little-watched nights.

What do you think? How are your favorites doing? What would you like to see cancelled or renewed?

Kris December 10, 2012 at 1:35 am

Keep the show!! I am I interested in getting into resort management/ event planning so the reality of this show even if it’s slightly scripted is entertaining to me!!

Kris December 10, 2012 at 1:36 am

Oh I’m talking about The Catalina (;

Peri October 13, 2012 at 4:18 pm

L.A COMPLEX!!!!!!!

Dachet October 12, 2012 at 10:58 am

The L.A. complex intrigued me at the begining. It hit on somethings that are going on now with people today. We need a 3rd season!!!

Martina September 29, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I could not disagree with these rankings more. LA Complex was one of the most powerful series I have ever seen and in only two short seasons it managed to capture my heart just as much as One Tree Hill which I watched intently for seven years did. Definitely think people who didn’t bother get into this show missed out greatly.
Breaking Pointe was mildly interesting and it was nice to see this “insider” look into ballet, Oh Sit! is a bunch of adults playing musical chairs like bratty 6 year olds and The Catalina was just people getting drunk at work…

*fingers crossed* LA COMPLEX SEASON THREE!!!

Mandy September 29, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I’m so disappointed that The LA Complex is in last place. The ratings definitely DOES NOT correlate to the quality of the show.

It’s amazing how a game show about musical chairs gets more viewers than this incredible show.

I am still hoping that Canada renews this show and The CW picks it up as well.

Colin September 27, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Very disappointed if they do not renew season 3 LA Complex

George September 26, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Absolutely LOVE the LA Complex! Fingers crossed for Season Three!

Rebecca September 24, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Love love love LA complex and Breaking pointe. Both so good!!!! Hope they are renewed!!!

Lara July 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Loved Breaking Pointe!!!!! I really, really hope they have a 2nd season! I danced when I was younger and I loved seeing a bit more behind the scenes.