Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23: Season Two Ratings

Last season, Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23 wasn’t a ratings hit for ABC. Will the numbers improve on a new night or will the TV series end up being cancelled? Stay tuned.

Following a sweet girl from Indiana and her con artist roommate, the second season of Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23 typically airs Tuesday nights on ABC. The cast includes Dreama Walker, Krysten Ritter, Eric Andre, Liza Lapira, Michael Blaiklock, and James Van Der Beek, as himself.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Don’t Trust the B is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: ABC has pulled and cancelled the series, leaving eight episodes unaired.

Episode 02-11: Tuesday, 01/15/13
1.1 in the demo (+38% change) with 2.73 million (+55% change).
Season averages: 1.10 in the demo with 2.85 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 02-10: Sunday, 01/13/13
0.8 in the demo (-27% change) with 1.76 million (-43% change).
Season averages: 1.10 in the demo with 2.86 million.

Episode 02-09: Tuesday, 01/08/13
1.1 in the demo (+22% change) with 3.11 million (+41% change).
Season averages: 1.13 in the demo with 2.98 million.

Episode 02-08: Sunday, 01/06/13
0.9 in the demo (-18% change) with 2.21 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.14 in the demo with 2.97 million.

Episode 02-07: Tuesday, 12/18/12
1.1 in the demo (+10% change) with 2.53 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.17 in the demo with 3.08 million.

Episode 02-06: Tuesday, 12/11/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 2.49 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 1.18 in the demo with 3.17 million.

Episode 02-05: Tuesday, 12/04/12
1.2 in the demo (+33% change) with 2.98 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.22 in the demo with 3.30 million.

Episode 02-04: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.9 in the demo (-18% change) with 2.99 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.23 in the demo with 3.39 million.

Episode 02-03: Tuesday, 11/13/12
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.10 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.33 in the demo with 3.52 million.

Episode 02-02: Tuesday, 10/30/12
1.2 in the demo (-29% change) with 3.25 million (-23% change).
Season averages: 1.45 in the demo with 3.73 million.

Episode 02-01: Tuesday, 10/23/12
1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.20 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.70 in the demo with 4.20 million.

Year-to-year, the season premiere of Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23 was down by 41% in the demo (vs a 2.9 rating) and down by 39% in viewership (vs 6.9 million).

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.71 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23 TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Kendra June 19, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I love this show, it’s hysterical! I’m extremely disappointed with ABC’s decision and don’t plan on supporting this network any longer.

Ariane Allen March 5, 2013 at 12:40 am

take it to TBS! :)

jef February 12, 2013 at 5:03 am

I was very disappointed to discover that ‘Don’t Trust The B—-’ had been cancelled!
It had been about 5-6 years that i had come to watch anything on the major networks.
Over those years I had found programming on the smaller cable nets that kept me satisfied, whilst the major 3 were busy peddling their predictable garbage.

I kept tabs on all the new shows I was ‘missing’ via Entertainment Weekly’ but nothing ever appealed to me enough to come over to the dark side. I eventually did with shows like ‘New Girl’, ‘The Middle’ and of course, ‘Don’t Trust The B–’.

ABC blew it on this one – Sorry to hear it wasn’t a ratings blockbuster but surely the program could have been groomed until it found some stable footing. The actors were/are outstanding, as was the writing and its overall look. I had no idea that sitcoms
had moved to this level of quality and was really impressed with everyone’s obvious hard work.

Clint January 31, 2013 at 11:52 am

Best show since Seinfeld in my opinion. Please don’t cancel!

Tracey January 29, 2013 at 7:18 pm

The team of actors and writers are a brilliant collaboration. I agree the powers that be should put Happy Endings out if its misery first and give us fans what we really want! More hilarious episodes if our favorite team to look forward too sharing with friends and family! Is that too much to ask? At the very least give us or last fix of the remaining episodes please!

David Smith January 18, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I really hope this show doesn’t get canceled. I’ve been enjoying every episode.

Gabriel January 16, 2013 at 11:08 am

THEY NEED TAKE OFF HAPPY ENDINGS BEFORE APARTMENT 23!!!

THE HORRIBLE RATINGS OF HAPPY ENDINGS WERE BRINGING DOW APARTMENT 23 TOO!

THE IDIOTS FROM ABC DOENS’T KNOW THAT????

THEY ARE SINKING 2 SHOW AT THE SAME TIME!

Lucas Corso January 10, 2013 at 11:16 am

I watched Don’t Trust the B expecting to dislike it. It surprised me. It isn’t just a hollow concept like I expected. It’s clever and it’s funny. Pretty consistently. That said, I’m 99% certain it will be canceled. Showing a slew of episodes out of order recently thwarted the show’s momentum. ABC’s handling of Don’t Trust the B reminds me of its handling of Better Off Ted a few years ago. Little promotion, burning off episodes quickly. I’ll be very surprised of we see the B next season. Which is sad. There isn’t much good comedy on TV. The end of the B won’t be as sad as the end of Better Off Ted, though. BOT was the best comedy on television in its second season. Good job bungling that one ABC! I guess we should expect more Tim Allen-type shows from ABC. Maybe the return of Jim Belushi. It’s what America wants, apparently.

alisha January 14, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I couldn’t agree more

Sarah Gun January 9, 2013 at 2:34 am

NOOOOOO WAY! It should’nt be cancelled!!!!!

Krystal December 19, 2012 at 11:06 am

This show is hilarious!!!! The cast is so great together and krysten is perfection

Jmackner December 7, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I love this show. It is really clever, and a shame that it might get cancelled. James Van Derbeek is great. Of course most Americans prefer mindless reality television.

Marie Ares October 28, 2012 at 9:54 am

I’ve tried to watch it a few times hoping I would like it but it’s really bad, not funny at all! Also, it’s been done over & over, nothing new about this show at all.

MRSVASOS November 22, 2012 at 11:36 pm

I cannot get into this show. Could it be any more unoriginal? I say bring back Ugly Betty.

Lucas Corso January 10, 2013 at 11:32 am

Could it be any more unoriginal? Yes. It could. It could be like all the Law & Order spin-offs or all the CSI spin-offs. It could be like NCIS, which isn’t a spin-off but a rip-off of CSI. Or it could be like the NCIS spin-off (think about that for a minute, a spin-0ff of a rip-off). Or it could be part of the new batch of “family comedies” inspired by the success of Modern Family, which itself was kind of unoriginal for taking The Office’s fake documentary moments template. Or it could be like The Office, which was a direct steal of UK’s The Office. Or it could be like Park & Rec, which was a direct copy of The Office’s style. Or it could be like all the shows emulating American Idol – the Voice, X Factor, America’s Got Talent, etc. Or it could be like NBC’s new bomb, Deception, which is obviously trying to become the Peacock network’s version of Revenge. Or like Smash, trying to steal the thunder of Glee (ugh!), which cashed in on High School Musical mania. Etc. Etc.

There is very little premium in network television for originality. It is mostly a matter of every network trying to cash in on whatever wave is currently popular without any real originality. Which is what makes the accusation that Don’t Trust the B is “unoriginal” so mind-boggling. If nothing else, it is original and has its own unique vibe.

Lucas Corso January 10, 2013 at 11:19 am

It’s been done over and over? When? What shows are you referring to? Of all the possible criticisms of Don’t Trust the B, not being original seems way out of left field.