Enlisted

Enlisted TV showNetwork: FOX
Episodes: Ongoing (half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: January 10, 2014 – TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Geoff Stults, Chris Lowell, Parker Young, Keith David, and Angelique Cabral.

current TV show

TV show description:
This single-camera comedy series revolves around three brothers and a group of misfit soldiers on a small Florida Army post.

Staff Sergeant Pete Hill (Geoff Stults) is charming, funny and a natural-born leader. He was on a path for a huge military career until one mistake overseas (he punched his commanding officer) got him booted stateside to Fort McGee where his two younger brothers are stationed. Now their platoon sergeant, Pete must serve both as big brother and military boss.

Corporal Derrick Hill (Chris Lowell) is the middle brother. He’s too smart and sarcastic for his own good and likes to stir up trouble. Private Randy Hill (Parker Young) is the hyper-enthusiastic and very goofy youngest brother who wants to be the gung-ho “G.I. Joe” military ideal.

The Hill brothers all serve in the Rear Detachment (Rear D) unit. It’s comprised of the Soldiers left behind when everyone else is deployed. They mow lawns on post, sort mail, wash tanks and find lost dogs. However, the Rear D’s main job is taking care of deployed Soldiers’ families. Whatever they need, the Rear D Soldiers do. It’s a job that shifts each moment from the thrilling to the mundane to the emotional and back again.

Fort McGee Rear D is run by Command Sergeant Major Donald Cody (Keith David). He’s a firm but fair man who served with the brothers’ late father. Cody promised to look out for them, so he brought all the brothers to the post to fulfill that promise. Cody has seen it all and lost a foot to prove it (a fact no one can forget, since he never misses an opportunity to bring it up).

Also under Cody’s command is confident and beautiful Staff Sergeant Jill Perez (Angelique Cabral). She’s the same rank as Pete and leads another Rear D platoon on post while challenging Pete’s decisions at every turn.

Between clean-up duty at a parade, human-grease-bowling and assorted soldier pranks, the Hill brothers inadvertently discover the key to strengthening their long-lost childhood bonds.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Enlisted TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

CORY April 15, 2014 at 8:10 pm

I love the show I watch every show so far and I have all the shows on DVR and I have watch them about 5 time or more It should be renewed and more episodes would be nice.

KJ April 13, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Renew this show…it makes me laugh!

James March 8, 2014 at 11:23 pm

This is a fun show to watch and we watch it regularly. The show needs to be kept and maybe moved to a better timeslot. The situations are new and funny but there is heart to the show as well as humor. Good show.. Keep it up! who are the soldiers at the end of the shows that are being ‘thanked’? – this last show Soldiers Duty, was thanks Rob…

John March 8, 2014 at 12:10 am

I am a 27 year military vet and I love enlisted. As the show progresses I think we will see more of the stereotypes common to all units like the regulation geek (who does nothing but read and quote regs. The uniform Nazi (always can fid a problem with everyone else’s uniform and the Sick Call Ranger (hypochondriac).

Bill Lunsford February 21, 2014 at 1:49 am

As a soldier, currently stationed in Afghanistan, I personally look forward to humor at the end of a long day. Enlisted brings that. Thank you to the cast and team of Enlisted. I have seen the footage of the actors and actress going through a mini basic training. I don’t believe they are mocking or making fun of soldiers. And by no means, do I feel, they are downplaying the military role. I truly look at this sitcom, for what it is. A light hearted comedy about a way of life. Soldiers laugh too.

Tom January 20, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Not a big fan of this show…. I don’t think its right to make fun of any soldier. Especially after seeing a flag draped casket pass by you. Sure we need humor, but this bad??

Ron April 12, 2014 at 9:43 am

Sorry Tom, but everybody eventually dies, so by your argument no comedy would ever be appropriate. The spirit of the show is to make you laugh and to show you that even these “screw-ups” have heart and contribute.

Mary January 17, 2014 at 6:52 am

I enjoyed this show. The actors interact natually with each other. I’ll watch it regularly. It should be renewed.