Guys with Kids: NBC Sitcom Cancelled

Guys with Kids canceledThe guys won’t have to worry about watching their kids in season two. The peacock network has pulled the plug on Guys with Kids after one season.

Co-created by Jimmy Fallon, Guys with Kids follows a trio of male friends and their partners as they all try to figure out parenthood in a modern world. They’re played by Anthony Anderson, Jesse Bradford, Zach Cregger, Tempestt Bledsoe, Erinn Hayes, and Jamie-Lynn Sigler.

The sitcom premiered last September to a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.25 million viewers. That was a pretty good start, especially for NBC.

Week two saw the numbers drop more than 20% and the third episode did even worse. It looked like the ratings had evened off and that was good enough for NBC to order four more episodes, bringing the season total to 17 installments.

Unfortunately, the ratings for Guys with Kids dwindled further downward and one of the last few episodes drew just a 1.1 demo rating and 2.83 million viewers.

Those numbers are just too low — even for NBC — so they’ve cancelled the sitcom. Since there won’t be a second season, we may never know if Chris and Sheila would ever have gotten back together.

What do you think? Did you like Guys with Kids? Are you sorry to hear that there won’t be a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

23 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. katey says

Love the show I am tired of them cancelling all the good shows and leaving us with crap! I hope another network picks it up as well.

2. Pooch says

“quenched by your rich mammarian nectar”…..only on Guys with Kids! The only new show I DVR’d so I wouldn’t miss the new episode. Enjoy it while it’s still on Hulu Plus!!!!

3. DebW says

This was a funny, funny show and fun to watch. 6 adults with 7 kids would seem an impossible combination, but they made it work and the child actors were great, especially Ernie. What a face!! Please bring it back!!!!

4. Marni says

Why do they keep pulling the good shows? A little promotion for the series would have been nice. I loved this show, as did my family. UGH!!!!!

5. says

My husband and I loved that show. Very funny yet “real”.
    GAhhhh…Why does NBC always do this?!!! Who are they basing their ratings on?!!! I bet they have those monkeys from the Monster.com making decisions!
    I hope and pray this show gets picked up by another network. Would be a great lead-in show for the “Nickolodeon mom stand-up show”.

6. Jen says

Loved the show and watched it as a family. One more family show is gone. Just loved all of the actors and Ernie was the best!!!

7. shawn says

This was a great show and had even more super potential. Not happy abt seeing it go. Hope it gets picked up from another network !

8. kevin anderson says

That show was funny as hell!sad to see it pulled from the air.I hope they change their minds like fox did with family guy….buy the dvd set people!

9. Anonymous says

NBC always ends great shows!! I loved that sitcom! It’s so annoying to finally find good tv that’s not reality and it gets pulled!!

10. Babs says

Oh no, I won’t get to see Ernie anymore!
    I love “Guys With Kids” and will truly miss it..

11. Aidan Williams says

Yes i am sad that there wont be a Season 2 but hopefully some other network like TV Land will pick it up.