Hannibal: Season Two Ratings

Hannibal season two ratingsLast season, NBC renewed Hannibal for a second season — despite poor ratings. This time around, it’s on Friday nights. Will the ratings be good enough for it to be renewed for a third season or, will it be cancelled instead. Stay tuned to find out.

Based on the Red Dragon novel by Thomas Harris, Hannibal revolves around the early relationship between FBI investigator Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), a forensic psychiatrist who becomes an infamous cannibalistic serial killer. Others in the cast of this thriller series include Caroline Dhavernas, Hettienne Park, Laurence Fishburne, Scott Thompson, and Aaron Abrams.

5/9 update: Hannibal has been renewed for a third season by NBC.

5/24 update: You can see the latest night’s ratings in context.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Chicago PD TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

26 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Chef Angus O'Hara says

I am an Executive Chef and Sommelier. I know my trade. I associate with people who have similar interests and are (mostly) over educated. We are not snobs or poser…we are passionate about what we do. Hannibal is a show for thinking people…people that value precision and attention to detail.

All culinary references, preparations and pairings are exact with this program. All clinical reference(s) to psycho analysis and psychopathy are also on point.

My point is this:
    This program is celebrated in arenas all over the world by hard working people who appreciate not only what it is but also how it is…if you get me. Most of the people that watch it (myself included) watch it after the fact because they work very long hours and don’t have a lot of down time.
    NBC, in my opinion, is making a very costly error. Perhaps the BBC (if they are paying attention) will move in for the kill.
    Pun intended.
    Best,
    Chef Angus

2. Lisa says

TV is sooooooooooo boring anymore…..then comes Hannibal, exciting…..and it gets cancelled….porobably because of all the STUPID STUPID sitcoms, which are all exactly the same except for the actors.

3. Michelle says

I love Hannibal. It’s actually one of the only great shows the past 2 seasons. I am 45 so maybe I am not the right demographic. The younger generation is out boozing every chance they get and are broke by Monday. If anything just change the night but please don’t cancel it.

4. Richard says

Curious how the “only” comments I have seen, are, “positive” ones – maybe this can be attributed to being a Canadian? I will leave, hesitantly, a comment in “complete” disagreement – After only viewing a couple episodes near the end of S2 – I have come to realize how desensitized our society has gotten.

I’ll confess, I have started to “somewhat” enjoy watching another sick & twisted series, “Dexter” on Showcase. actually missed the last couple seasons, and i do NOT really miss it – But, when having “actually” had to close my eyes during a segment where the one character is feeding the agent’s dogs, his own face? that’s when I said to myself, WOW, “this is what i’m watching”?

I mean I can understand the comments on the other positives sides to this new series, but I highly doubt I could ever start enjoying this one – and it took quite a few episodes to even start liking, Dexter.

So, I guess its a respective, “thumbs down” – prob because , in my heart, I suspect some people have suffered in “real” life, with similar fates, as a result of being in the hands of these SICK , DERANGED, individual – sadly!

• 666 says

How can you criticize something you haven’t tasted? That’s dumb. Hannibal’s violence is treated very aesthetically in a way to show us the beauty and ugliness of our actions.

Next time watch the show before complaining. When you’re done with S1 and S2, you’re going to understand.

• Chef Angus O'Hara says

Richard,

I don’t like peanut butter but I still cook with it. I don’t chide people that love to gobble the stuff out of a jar with a spoon….and I’m not even Canadian.

In my humble opinion, the most arrogant thing one could do is to discount another person’s point of view or their “value” of a certain thing simply because it is not their own. There is a disclaimer posted before the episode and just prior to coming back after commercial. it is a television show and not a moral indictment on a country, person or persons who view it.

Like what you like,
      hate what you hate…and let me do the same.

Bon Chance,