HawthoRNe: Season Three of TNT Series Coming in June

Hawthorne season threeTNT’s medical drama, HawthoRNe, which stars Jada Pinkett-Smith, will be back for a third season this spring. The first of 10 new episodes will debut on Tuesday, June 14th — paired with the kick off of the second season of Memphis Beat.

Pinkett-Smith stars as Christina Hawthorne, the impassioned Chief Nursing Officer at James River Hospital. Michael Vartan also stars and Marc Anthony has just been added as a series regular. Anthony guest-starred last season as police detective Nick Renata and his role has been expanded.

HawthoRNe debuted in June of 2009 with a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 3.8 million viewers. The numbers came down from there but were still strong enough to merit a renewal. Airing last summer, season two averaged a 0.9 rating in the demo and 3.09 million viewers.

The series was renewed for season three back in mid-September for another round of 10 episodes.

What do you think? Are you glad that HawthoRNe’s coming back? Looking forward to Anthony becoming a regular?

Fleur Castain June 26, 2011 at 12:36 am

This show is ridiculous. I cant believe it made it on the air much less has lasted 3 seasons. Here you have a nurse who has all the answers and runs all the show and sorry, its just not credible. Oh and you imposters logging on saying you’re nurses? With your atrocious spelling and clear ignorance of hospital procedures, you arent fooling anyone.

Anonymous June 20, 2011 at 8:00 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THE SHOW.HATERS,DON’T HATE OH YOU CAN’T HELP BUT HATE HEY.

Lady Red June 6, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I LOVE this show! I’ve watched EVERY episode faithfully since it’s debut in 2009!! Looking forward to another great season!!

Jason June 2, 2011 at 11:24 am

I can’t watch it, I find it boring and there is nobody on the show for me to care about.

Diane D May 27, 2011 at 7:50 am

I also love this show. I’ve been waiting for it’s return…Can’t wait to grab my cup of coffee and sit to relax and watch it…Love Jada Pinket-Smith in the role and Mac Anthony seems to be ok so far…Let the season begin!

Nurse Too April 18, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I am SOOOOOOO happy this show is coming back!!!! I too am a nurse!! I think the writers should consult with health care workers on some situations to be more accurate in acts of “treatments” and “patient care”.

Ms.Watermonkey April 5, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Love this show, CAN NOT wait til season 3 airs!!! i actually have the countdown on my laptop!!!!!!!! Marc A. rocks but him being on the show doesn’t help or hender :/

Anonymous March 26, 2011 at 11:51 am

Love the show. Glad it’s returning. Great to see nurses with compassion and don’t mind speaking out when needed. I’m not a nurse but I do know that nurses spend much more time with the patients than doctors and that they also have a life (after nursing).

ashley roberts March 24, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I LOOOOOVVVVVEEE IT I CANT WAIT AND FOR ALL THE HATERS GET A LIFE

Anonymous March 21, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I am a head nurse and we do have to sometimes tell doctors what to do. We spend more time with the patients and it is our duty to be patient advocates. We are not doctor’s asistants and are bound by law to act in the best interrai of the patient. So glad to see a show portraying nurses having a mind of their own.

Anonymous June 20, 2011 at 7:56 pm

WELL SAID,I AM ALSO A NURSE IN THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT.I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.I REALLY APPRECITE A DOCTER THAT TAKES TIME TO LISTEN TO MY OPINIONS,QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS REGARDING A PATIENT.AND TO LISTEN TO THE PATIENT AS WELL.

Olivia Dunham June 26, 2011 at 12:30 am

A nurse that cant spell “doctor”? Get serious.

Andera Chapman March 20, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Don’t care if Anthony beeniing a regular I enjoyed the show wiithout him, It doesn’t matter iif he iin the show or not.

delsie ransdell March 20, 2011 at 6:50 am

Great show.looking forward to its return.

Gail Watkins March 15, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I love this show. The part that Jada Pinkett Smith plays is great. I look forward to the new shows. Keep up the good work.

Bonnie Lucca March 12, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Hawthorne is a terrible show..needs to be canceled…it had absolutely terrible ratings and deservedly so.

admin March 12, 2011 at 10:42 pm

@Bonnie Lucca: It does about the same as Leverage and Memphis Beat.

Grandizer March 11, 2011 at 10:42 am

Never was fond of the show…
The first time the “Nurse” started telling the Doctors how to treat patients just reinforced my opinion.
And then for the writers to miss obvious things in season 2??? Wow…
Case in point, the evil nurse played very well by Ex Rosanne daughter… When she stole the parents camera with all the pics of the dying child on it and erased it. Well EVERYONE and my not to computer literate child KNOWS that you can recover pictures on the memory cards.
That was the point in which goody good nurse should have known how to do so and saved the day.