HawthoRNe

HawthoRNe Network: TNT
Episodes: 30 (hour)
Seasons: Three

TV show dates: June 16, 2009 — August 16, 2011
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jada Pinkett Smith, David Julian Hirsh, Christina Moore, Suleka Mathew, Hannah Hodson, Michael Vartan, Vanessa Lengies, Aisha Hinds, Eli Goodman, James Morrison, Adam Garcia, Joanna Cassidy, and Darrell Foster.

past TV show

TV show description:
In this medical drama, Jada Pinkett Smith stars as Christina Hawthorne, the tough-yet-caring Chief Nursing Officer at Richmond Trinity Hospital. She makes it a point to stand up for patients to prevent them from getting tangled up in the red tape of hospital bureaucracy. Christina’s trying to work through her husband’s recent death, but she’s so busy with her job and raising her teenage daughter, it’s hard to find the time.

The Chief of Surgery for Richmond, Oncologist Tom Wakefield (Michael Vartan), is friendly with Christina and grew close to her while treating her husband’s cancer. He counts on her as a buffer in his dealings with the staff. He avoids risks and doesn’t appreciate being second-guessed by those under him.

Bobbie (Suleka Mathew) is a best friend to Christina as well as one of her best nurses. Despite being smart, caring, and funny, she has some personal insecurities stemming at least in part from having to use a prosthetic leg.

Candy (Christina Moore) is a young, outgoing, and well-liked nurse. She has a reputation for giving “special attention” to war vets which sees as her way of supporting the troops. Despite this, she’s still a very competent member of Christina’s team.

Ray (David Julian Hirsh) gets frustrated being one of Trinity’s only male nurses since he doesn’t feel like he gets respect from the hospital staff or the patients. In addition, people sometimes assume that he’s gay, but he really has feelings for Candy. He hopes to make it to medical school one day and become a doctor.

Camille (Hannah Hodson) is Christina’s rebellious teenage daughter who was much closer to her father. She seems to be taking her anger over his death out on her mom; not listening, lying, manipulating others, and driving Christina crazy. She also pits her grandmother against her mother whenever she can. Things get better for everyone when mother and daughter can admit they’re more alike than different.

Series Finale

Episode 30 — Shot in the Dark
Christina comes back to run James River Hospital temporarily. Morrissey has informed her that he’s not sure that he wants her to return as the hospital’s Chief Operating Officer. The accomplice of the man who attacked Christina continues to lurk around the hospital.

Antoine is concerned about Nick because he hasn’t heard from him for several days and approaches Christina with his concerns.

Tom readies to perform surgery on his friend Tony after he’s impaled while putting up a fence. Tony decides he doesn’t want the surgery because of his ALS, leaving Tom with a life-or-death decision.

Bryce asks Bobbie (on short notice) to attend a press conference, but there’s a catch. Kelly gets on Dr. Marshall’s nerves by eavesdropping on her phone calls, as she’s desperate to know if one of the phone calls has to do with her career change at the hospital. Bobbie and Steve consider a big move, to London. Camille leaves for college. Tom tells Christina that he wants to put their past behind them and be friends.

Nick comes to talk to Christina and asks if she’s afraid of him. He puts his gun to his heart and tells her that that’s where he and Christina live. After Nick leaves, Christina locks the door. She hears a gunshot and sees a car speeding away that looks like Tom’s. Nick is injured but still breathing and Christina holds him, trying to call for help.
First aired: August 16, 2011.

space

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 10:25 am

I just heard that the show has been cancelled… Please no!! one of the best summer shows.. also there has to be a better conclsion if ti is to be cacelled.. but no!

mm September 6, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Truly sad by the fact that the show was cancelled!!

FRED September 3, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Hawthorne is a really good show. I watched the first episode to b disappointed. Instead I fell in love with it including all my friends. I really hope they change there mind and bring it back. It really was good tv.

Annette Davis August 24, 2011 at 11:18 am

I love the series. There is no doubt that if they had did more promotional on Hawthorne they would have more views, people just do not know its out there except for word of mouth. Please give them more episodes the story line is great! Its been a long time since I have been this interested in a series.

kay dillan February 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Please bring this series back!!!!!

Steve October 11, 2010 at 6:48 am

why can’t they bring Lone Star in on one of these stations. It was an excellent program & reminded me of Dallas.

Brian September 1, 2010 at 8:30 am

I have never seen the first season… In fact, I didnt even know there was a first season.
I kept seeing commercials for the premiere and i was interested. When i saw what was the beginning of the second season, I thought… hummm that’s a weird way to start a show as a hospital is closing… I went online and researched the show, i couldn’t believe that i was watching a Season Premiere and not a Series Premiere, lol. If I would’ve know that I was watching part 2 of something I probally wouldn’t have watched it.
I AM HOOKED!
love Love LOVE the show!
The only negative feedback I have is the was little promotion for season 1 and tons for season 2, also too short!
10 episodes for the first season is understandable… not sure if the show is gonna take off or not… I get it, but 10 for the second season is not enough to give the show a fair chance at surviving! Come on TNT! Invest more into the show and you will see the same results as Saving Grace or The Close… Both shows had a slow start but picked up speed after the first season… lets see that in HawthoRNe!

Erica September 1, 2010 at 12:15 am

I love this show. Jada Pinkett Smith and oher actors are making the creator proud. I really can’t wait unit the next season. I don’t want to wait to next june to watch a new episode either.

James August 25, 2010 at 5:36 am

Get rid of this stinker. The Ads alone should have killed it!

Lisa August 24, 2010 at 7:18 pm

I agree that this show is phenomenal. My parents and I love to watch HawthoRNe and then dissect the episodes. If people walked by my place during an episode, they would think that I was having a conniption. I get so into the episodes. I hope that the show is renewed for a 3rd season.

ap August 17, 2010 at 9:58 pm

this show is phenomenal. my mother (64), me (33 year old doctor of international health, and baby sister (26 – producer, discovery channel, ny, aaaallll love it. even my father watches and he’s italian-american macho MBA, whathaveyou. many friends and colleagues don’t know about it — if it was mainstreamed (a la “grey’s anatomy” – which is NOTnearly as good) or better marketed… it might have 1/2 a chance for more seasons.

Tina June 11, 2010 at 11:59 pm

The new season starts on June 22 on Tuesdays at 9pm on TNT.

ashley May 6, 2010 at 7:05 pm

hawthorne was an awesome show when will it be back

admin May 7, 2010 at 3:12 am

@ashley: 6/22

Tashia March 15, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Is it coming back on?

admin March 15, 2010 at 7:21 pm

@Tashia: It’s been renewed but they haven’t announced when it’s coming back yet.

BJ February 19, 2010 at 4:11 pm

When will Hawthorne restart?

admin February 19, 2010 at 4:22 pm

@BJ: It hasn’t been announced yet.