Hostages: CBS TV Show Officially (Finally) Cancelled

Hostages TV show on CBSCBS called Hostages a “limited series” but that didn’t mean that it couldn’t return for a second season if the ratings were strong enough. They weren’t and now, the network has officially cancelled it.

On Hostages, the lives of a prominent surgeon’s family are threatened by terrorists who want her to kill the President of the United States. The cast of this thriller includes Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott, James Naughton, Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Tate Donovan, Quinn Shephard, and Mateus Ward.

The series debuted to weak ratings back in September and the numbers fell even lower in subsequent weeks. It was clear that this show was going to be cancelled, the only questions was “When?”. To their credit, CBS kept Hostages on the air for all 15 episodes.

They’ve now officially cancelled Hostages. Fortunately for the fans who stuck with it, the show was given some closure in the final episode.

What do you think? Did you like Hostages? Were you hoping for a second season? Maybe with some of the same characters or all new ones?

Al S October 31, 2014 at 1:03 pm

This was a great show. I WANT it to continue. Listen to all the Positive feedback CBS.
WE WANT IT BACK!!!!!

Joe S October 30, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Whoever made the final decision to cancel this show should be fired on the spot. I agree that this show was not promoted enough because I never heard of it until looking through Netflix. Finding out that this was a 1 season show was very upsetting to say the least. Bring this show back before it is forgotten and I bet with the right airtime and a little promotion this show could be just as good as Homeland, if not better. If anyone at CBS gets this comment please listen and make some phone calls to these actors before someone else scoops them up. Or maybe another channel can pick this up,. This was like getting a blow job and having it stop right before an ejaculation.

Marty October 30, 2014 at 9:10 pm

CBS and other networks really need to change how they determine ratings of a show… no one I know regularly watches TV anymore. Most people I know just don’t have time or the desire to tune in to a channel at a particular time every week… nor the patience to wait for a season to watch the whole thing. We don’t subscribe to cable or dish… just have the internet. When we have time we typically surf Netflix or Amazon Prime for something to watch and give things like this a try – Hostages was excellent. Unfortunately, it is another good show cancelled because network executives still think they live in the 90s… their inability to change to reach the demographic like ourselves will eventually spell their demise.

Nora A October 29, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I’m so disappointed ! Just about done with the show on Netflix and was really looking forward to season two …yet another show that will not reach its full potential.thanks a lot cbs!!!

D Romans October 29, 2014 at 11:27 am

Dont know why it did not do better. I thought it was great. The cast was also great. To bad.

Jecenia Cosme October 29, 2014 at 3:43 am

Me and my boyfriend love this show and we were waiting for season 2 to come out and now finding out that it was cancelled really bummed us we really wanted to know what happens in season 2

Christa P October 28, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I honestly don’t know why there’s not a season 2! Forget the ratings , the channel didn’t promote this series enough. It was for Netflix that I found it. This was a amazing show and I wished there were another season.