Hostages: CBS TV Show Officially (Finally) Cancelled

Hostages TV show on CBSCBS called Hostages a “limited series” but that didn’t mean that it couldn’t return for a second season if the ratings were strong enough. They weren’t and now, the network has officially cancelled it.

On Hostages, the lives of a prominent surgeon’s family are threatened by terrorists who want her to kill the President of the United States. The cast of this thriller includes Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott, James Naughton, Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Tate Donovan, Quinn Shephard, and Mateus Ward.

The series debuted to weak ratings back in September and the numbers fell even lower in subsequent weeks. It was clear that this show was going to be cancelled, the only questions was “When?”. To their credit, CBS kept Hostages on the air for all 15 episodes.

They’ve now officially cancelled Hostages. Fortunately for the fans who stuck with it, the show was given some closure in the final episode.

What do you think? Did you like Hostages? Were you hoping for a second season? Maybe with some of the same characters or all new ones?

Renee August 24, 2014 at 9:41 am

Hostages was a great show! My husband and I enjoyed it very much! The entire cast played their parts well. This show should not have been cancelled. This is really disappointing!!

marilyn August 23, 2014 at 7:23 pm

you guys need to stop canceling the good shows and take off the weird ones

joy August 21, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Loved this show. Can’t believe this was cancelled and they keep other crap on. Very disappointed.

FFP August 16, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Fact is, it was up against The Blacklist, which is going to go down as a Classic….if it had been scheduled on a weaker night, it may have drawn a better audience.

Kathy August 14, 2014 at 8:45 pm

This was a great show and I am very disappointed that it has been cancelled! I was really looking forward to it starting up again in the fall! I don’t understand why so many really good programs with exciting story lines get cancelled when there are so many other really stupid programs that do not!

samson August 14, 2014 at 11:21 am

I hate the fact that the show was cancelled on it’s second join in the market.

Linda Cobarrubias August 11, 2014 at 12:50 am

Hostage was a great show! Very sad it was cancelled!

Linda August 5, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I was really looking forward to another season of Hostages, so what it didn’t get the response CBS was looking for. Many of us thought it was a good show, maybe they should cancel other shows.

Melissa August 2, 2014 at 6:28 am

Sorry this show has been cancelled, I really liked the suspense of it all.

Tré July 27, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I really enjoyed this show. I was hope there would be a second season. If they do make a second season it should be on at 9 and have the same characters.

Patty July 27, 2014 at 10:33 am

I really enjoyed Hostages, maybe it just needed to put put in another time slot! It was so suspenseful and full of twists and turns! I am very disappointed that it has been canceled!