Hostages: CBS TV Show Officially (Finally) Cancelled

Hostages TV show on CBSCBS called Hostages a “limited series” but that didn’t mean that it couldn’t return for a second season if the ratings were strong enough. They weren’t and now, the network has officially cancelled it.

On Hostages, the lives of a prominent surgeon’s family are threatened by terrorists who want her to kill the President of the United States. The cast of this thriller includes Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott, James Naughton, Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Tate Donovan, Quinn Shephard, and Mateus Ward.

The series debuted to weak ratings back in September and the numbers fell even lower in subsequent weeks. It was clear that this show was going to be cancelled, the only questions was “When?”. To their credit, CBS kept Hostages on the air for all 15 episodes.

They’ve now officially cancelled Hostages. Fortunately for the fans who stuck with it, the show was given some closure in the final episode.

What do you think? Did you like Hostages? Were you hoping for a second season? Maybe with some of the same characters or all new ones?

mel sch January 29, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Please make a season 2
My husband and I loved it! We can’t help other people have no taste in TV shows.

clmgl January 29, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Hostages was a great show!!! I loved every minute of it. But I don’t think a new season would be wise. The whole story was told and nicely wrapped up in season 1. I mean, Duncan turned himself in. You need him to make the storyline great.

Katelyn Tooley January 26, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Hostages was an incredible tv show. This should get a second season.

Big Kl January 26, 2015 at 2:02 am

What in the world would they do in a second season? Show Carlisle’s life in prison? It had full closure on the story line. You can’t ask for more than that. CBSshould have never have brought back Elementary either. I loved the heck out of the first season but the last episode brought closure to the season long mystery fro Holmes’ personal mystery. Yes, I really liked hostages but I would not have watched a second season that they conjured up just because of good ratings. Just like I don’t watch the second season of Elementary.

Robin January 25, 2015 at 1:10 am

I am hooked on this show, they have to make a season 2. I think it came out at the wrong time, when all these other new shows came out. One of the best shows I have seen in a long time.

Anonymous January 29, 2015 at 2:35 pm

I love this show I wish that they would have made season 2 I wanna know what happens

peter offiong January 23, 2015 at 8:11 am

hostage is simply a good movie, we need a second season pls

peter offiong January 23, 2015 at 8:10 am