Hostages: CBS TV Show Officially (Finally) Cancelled

Hostages TV show on CBSCBS called Hostages a “limited series” but that didn’t mean that it couldn’t return for a second season if the ratings were strong enough. They weren’t and now, the network has officially cancelled it.

On Hostages, the lives of a prominent surgeon’s family are threatened by terrorists who want her to kill the President of the United States. The cast of this thriller includes Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott, James Naughton, Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Tate Donovan, Quinn Shephard, and Mateus Ward.

The series debuted to weak ratings back in September and the numbers fell even lower in subsequent weeks. It was clear that this show was going to be cancelled, the only questions was “When?”. To their credit, CBS kept Hostages on the air for all 15 episodes.

They’ve now officially cancelled Hostages. Fortunately for the fans who stuck with it, the show was given some closure in the final episode.

What do you think? Did you like Hostages? Were you hoping for a second season? Maybe with some of the same characters or all new ones?

Sarah March 26, 2015 at 6:20 pm

I really liked this show “Hostages” and was hoping for a second season!

mark farinha March 24, 2015 at 9:23 pm

This was a show to keep on air I am sure if this was properly Advertise then people would have been as excited as I was when it was on air please bring it back and with all the the actors it had everyday i would google to see if CBS is bring it back

Aaron March 26, 2015 at 5:52 am

I enjoyed watching the movie & I can love if its brought back with the same actors

Kathie March 14, 2015 at 12:15 am

GREAT SHOW!!!!! Just watch all 15 episodes in 24 hours!!!!! I hope season 2 is coming!!

Angel March 11, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Bring back Hostages, and bring back Stalker!! These are two great shows. Can’t believe both have been cancelled. Take off some of the stupid sitcoms, and bring back Hostages, and Stalker!

Rachel March 11, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Wish it would return. I loved it

RACHAEL March 1, 2015 at 2:04 pm

BRING SEASON 2 !!! ITS A BRILLIANT SHOW!! JUST POORLY ADVERTISED, IF MORE PEOPLE NEW ABOUT IT IM SURE IT WOULD OF STUCK!

Anonymous March 6, 2015 at 1:57 pm

This **** is crazy!!! I was hoping for a second season! I cant believe they think the last episode will give me “Closure” lol If this show had proper advertising more people would know about it because I never heard of it until I seen it on Netflix…. UPSET @ CBS – But they’ll keep shows that are completely ignorant compared to “Hostages”

Angel March 11, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Same with me. I happened to see it on Netflix. Had no idea the show was even on.
Hope they change their minds, and bring back Hostages, and also Stalker.