Kathy: Cancelled by Bravo After Two Seasons

Kathy cancelledBravo has cancelled Kathy, their late-night talk show hosted by Kathy Griffin. The stand-up comic confirmed the news last night at a performance at Taft Theatre in Cincinnati. TV Line first reported the news.

Kathy premiered last April and featured Griffin doing stand up and then discussing various topics with regular people and/or celebrities.

The show had low ratings but was nonetheless renewed for a second season. It was airing at 10pm on Thursdays but was shifted to 11:30pm.

Season one was comprised of a dozen episodes, airing between April and July 2012. The second season debuted in January and the 12th and final installment aired on March 28th.

CNN recently shot a talk show pilot starring Griffin and her New Year’s Eve partner and pal, Anderson Cooper. The cable channel has yet to announce a decision about the fate of that project.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Kathy won’t be back? Did you enjoy the show?

Canceled and renewed TV show

21 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Bonnie says

Kathy is trash. She treats her mother poorly. Any thought of CNN bringing Kathy and Anderson Cooper together in a show is a bad idea. His stature on the world stage would plummet.

2. Eloise says

Kathy is trashy; very ugly and disrespectful to her mom. Anderson Cooper’s reputation would dissolve on the world stage, if he ever connected professionally with this disgusting woman. New Year’s Eve night is one thing but a show with her… big mistake.

3. Jon says

Good! She is the filthiest non-funny comedian and person. You dont have to be trashy to get laughs. She is biotch pure and simple. Damn aethiest.

4. Christine says

Bravo and all networks are smart to cut her out of their schedules. I boycott any show with her on it and I ask all of my members to do the same.

5. luann s. willingham says

i have never liked her. however i do feel sorry for her. she makes her life on earth unhappy. the way she talks against GOD, which she has the freedom to do, i feel is why she can not catch a break. my own opinion only.

6. Just a Casual Observer says

Why can’t Kathy catch a break? Because she’s a foul mouthed witch that enjoys inflicting pain on other people. By comparison she makes Roseanne Barr and Joan Rivers look like gentile sweethearts. I hope you enjoy your retirement “K-Grrrr!”

7. Grandizer says

Well I am glad to see this leave after the second season.
    Her show LIVE was horrible.
    Her first season was far better.
    I am a Griffin fan, and think her accurate portrayal and reveals of the behind the scenes contacts are to live for.
    If she comes to my neighborhood, I will get tickets. Note, I am not a gay man either. :)

8. Claire Coleman says

I’m so glad we have one less chance to put up with the big “K”…she’s so disgusting and foul mouthed!!!! We need people w/ethics and class not the opposite!!!