Magic City: Cancelled by Starz, No Season Three

Magic City special previewStarz has officially cancelled Magic City after two seasons on the air. The 16th and final episode of the low-rated series will air this Friday night.

“We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved,” Starz said in a statement released to Deadline. “From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration. This was a story born from Mitch Glazer’s singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season’s story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season of Magic City? Do you think it’s a better show than the ratings indicate?

Nico July 30, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Idiots. Great show

Aleta July 25, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I love the show!!! Just started watching it on demand. I blame the low ratings on poor promotion. As Ike said to Klein in the last episode, “I am truly sorry”…that Starz allowed the art of their network to be dictated by a finicky and uninformed audience.

darlene rachis July 24, 2014 at 7:47 pm

very disappointed to hear that this show was cancelled was looking forward to season three they should cancel some of those reality shows what a joke they are starz you made a big mistake

Jay Kasheta July 24, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I loved the show. I think more people did than the data showed. Bring it back, please. I know it was expensive to make, but I always think of “Star Trek” when a good show gets cancelled.

Sandra Spivey July 21, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I looked forward to Friday nights for this show! It has a great cast, awesome story line and edge of your seat drama. Why didn’t they at least try it on another night? Very disappointed to hear it is canceled.

Danette Nelson July 20, 2014 at 9:12 am

Pure entertainment! Edge of my seat fun! I think it is a BIG mistake to cancel.

Anonymous July 17, 2014 at 9:34 pm

One of the best tv series I’ve seen in a very long time…highly enjoyed this series and was excited for season 3 until now that I heard the bad news !!!! Very disappointed in stars for canceling this series smh