Magic City: Cancelled by Starz, No Season Three

Magic City special previewStarz has officially cancelled Magic City after two seasons on the air. The 16th and final episode of the low-rated series will air this Friday night.

“We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved,” Starz said in a statement released to Deadline. “From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration. This was a story born from Mitch Glazer’s singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season’s story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season of Magic City? Do you think it’s a better show than the ratings indicate?

syl kropp September 20, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I miss this show. It gave me something to look forward to each week. PLEASE consider doing the show, maybe on another site like Netflix.

Cheryl September 20, 2014 at 12:44 am

Its a huge and a bad decision to cancel this program, I may drop this channel! They really don’t have much else.

george beleslin September 10, 2014 at 9:26 am

the best show on tv, the problem is advertising.

Gary September 8, 2014 at 10:47 pm

how can it be??? one of our favorite shows, have mentioned it to our friends who were hooked as soon as they started watching it. Just needed a little more hype to get more folks to watch it

cynthia September 8, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I loved this show, the clothes, the era. Why was it cancelled? It was so riviting…Great series and great acting. You are making a big mistake here.

Christina September 8, 2014 at 11:05 am

I agree with everyone else, I only picked up starz for this show, it is terrible how they cancel all the good shows and keep all the reality shows or something stupid like that. At least I won’t have to pay the extra money for starz.

ed August 29, 2014 at 4:37 pm

One by One the best shows are cancelled!
Will miss the characters, settings and the story!

Anonymous August 27, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Horse shit!

Shana Cook August 23, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I will no longer be watching Starz due to the cancellation of Magic City. One of the best series on television. Shame on the network for allowing the cancellation and not backing one of the highest qualities shows on television!

Shana Cook August 23, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I will no longer watch Starz due to the cancellation of Magic City. One of the best series on televising!

Mary Erskine August 18, 2014 at 11:20 am

I feel the same as all the other people that has had comments. Starz does not have anything for me to watch at this time. I think a lot of viewers will cancel Starz and rightfully so.

Melissa August 17, 2014 at 10:16 am

Bring it back!!!!

tremain August 14, 2014 at 1:24 am

Better than the Sopranos, I loved this show, please, please reconsider, I don’t make much but I would try to help, seriously.

Ana M Rodriguez August 9, 2014 at 12:33 am

it was so interesting so beatiful to see Miami as it was and the history of this city i think it was a wrong decision because lots of people do not know Miami in the fifties iit was Magic i hope you reconsider this big mistake there you have Da vinci i know a little history and gentlemen there is not a piece of history in tat series but it seems people are not interestd in the truth specially history

joel August 7, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Sorry to see this great storyline and cast go. Starz needs to put their main shows on a better night than Saturday. People go out on Saturdays. It was very easy to feel as though you are part of it all. Miami in the fifties had a real feel the way it was. Will miss you.