Merlin: Possible Season Six, Movie Trilogy

Merlin on Syfy sixth seasonAt Comic-Con in San Diego, Merlin co-creator and executive producer Johnny Capps shared that a trilogy of movies and a sixth season may be made.

He said, “We’re hopefully going to do a trilogy — three movies. We will focus on them when we finish season five.”

Capps continued, “One idea we’ve been playing around with is to reboot the whole series. We would go back in time and start the story again and show different parts that you didn’t see in the series. The other idea is to do a continuation, but we haven’t decided that yet.”

He also noted that the possibility of a sixth season is still being discussed with the BBC.

BBC has ordered a fifth season of Merlin and those 13 episodes are still being produced. Syfy officially picked up season five and finished airing season four at the end of March.

What do you think? Are you hoping for a sixth season of Merlin? What do you think about the movies idea?

don November 11, 2012 at 12:49 pm

My whole family loves to watch Merlin. The series is awesome and we would absolutely support the Movie experience…. PLEASE KEEP THE SERIES AND MOVIE PLAN GOING FORWARD….

Jing November 11, 2012 at 6:33 am

Love Merlin .want more more more season 6,7,8,9,10….. Love every actors and actresses

Yiingz November 11, 2012 at 6:29 am

Yessssss i’m from thailand , i really love MERLIN and i don’t want ths just stop in season 5 . Want more more more please . I can’t stop watch merlin

Linda Gray November 7, 2012 at 8:57 pm

My husband and I love the Merlin series. We hope they keep producing and showing this show in the U.S. . It is one of few decent, but entertaining shows on t.v. !!

Dee Macia November 5, 2012 at 10:38 am

yes, more,more,more&movie too…

Gloria Korany September 18, 2012 at 7:48 am

I have enjoyed the Merlin Series very much. I love the characters and the setting of the castle, and the time period.

I am delighted that there is a 5th season and wait with great expectations for it to air and become available for sale.

The thought of a season 6 and the possibility of a movie series as well is outstanding and I am all for it…bring it on!!!

I am grateful for your creative minds and the characters that bring Merlin alive in our hearts and minds…I love the dragon too, he is so cool!!! ha!

Pam August 28, 2012 at 5:37 am

The show is so well done, why would you not go into a sixth season?? The cast is amazing.
Please continue producing this series and forget the movie for now!!!!!

Tammy August 1, 2012 at 10:18 am

Please keep making Merlin shows..I love watching it !!!!!!
Would love to see a Merlin movie and I agree please keep the same actors too.

dido13 July 27, 2012 at 10:55 am

YES !!!!!!! Keep Merlin coming for the next 25 seasons, love, love, love, that show !!!!!
I agree, movies would be fantastic but only if you keep the same actors, otherwise I’m out !
Did I mention I love that show ?

Kat July 27, 2012 at 8:36 am

Rebooted continuity: For the TV show, bad idea; for the movies, good idea (so long as they keep the same actors…). It would be nice to see Good Morgana again; it was heartbreaking the way they originally won us over with this decidedly different Morgana, to the point where we were rooting for Merlin when he chose to save her life in spite of the dragon’s warnings about “the witch” being his greatest foe, only to have her become Evil Morgana.

Debby Modis July 26, 2012 at 10:54 am

Keep it coming. Going on to seasons up to 20 if possible. Don’t ever stop showing them in the US please!!!!!!!! Tilogy of movies???? Don’t change the people who play the characters now. Same ones!!!1

Sheila July 26, 2012 at 9:47 am

YES YES YES I want both Season 6 and the trilogy movies!!!!! Keep the original cast from the series of Merlin for the trilogy movies and DON’T CHANGE them to different actors/actresses.

MK July 26, 2012 at 7:20 am

If telling older tales would be more about the old days of Gaius and Uther (which means Anthony Head comes back) then sign me up!

Victoria July 25, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I’d like a sixth season. If reboot for the movies means a different cast, screw that.

Sam July 25, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Yes, yes, yes and yes to season 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & a movie. I couldn’t be any happier!!