Motive: Season Three Renewal in Canada; Will ABC Air It?

Motive TV show season 3Here in the states, the Motive TV show can hardly be called a ratings success. However, it’s doing well enough in Canada for CTV to renew it for a third season. Production resumes this fall.

Motive revolves around a strong-willed Vancouver detective (Kristin Lehman) who’s also a single mom. At the start of each episode, viewers are shown the killer and victims. As the criminal investigation progresses, details of what led to the crime are revealved via flashbacks. The rest of the cast includes Louis Ferreira, Lauren Holly, Roger Cross, Brendan Penny, and Cameron Bright.

Though last summer’s ratings weren’t very good, ABC picked up the 13 episodes of season two and they started airing last week. Season two’s ratings have been even worse and it’s currently the network’s lowest-rated summer show.

ABC only licenses the show so it’s cheaper for them than producing their own summer dramas. Could the ratings be poor enough this year so that it wouldn’t make sense for them to air the show, even at a low cost? We shall see.

What do you think? Do you like the Motive series? Would you like to see season three air on ABC?

anonymous October 20, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Please keep the show going. Great watch for summer. Love the characters.

Anonymous October 16, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Love the show. Keep trying to find it.

gail casey October 16, 2014 at 11:36 am

Love this show – where has it gone? Acting is great, relationship between 2 principals is a good one, like the premise of being introduced immediately to the victim and the killer and watching it all piece together. Lovely Vancouver setting, good photography, good acting, good stories – what’s not to like? one of the best Canadian ( is it?) crime dramas on the small screen. Let’s get it back asap!

p.s. not familiar with the names of the 2 detectives but the male lead has recently surfaced with a terrible hairpiece in some other, lesser tv program. Why stoop so low?

Muffins October 15, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Absolutely show this cop drama! One of the best imports from our neighbors to the north!!!!!

Anonymous October 13, 2014 at 5:32 pm

really love show..format is different and fresh from existing crime series

another fan October 12, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I also loved this show. So well acted, and the format is somewhat original and different from other current police procedurals. Looking forward to season 3, 4, 5, etc. When will it be back on?

Shelley October 9, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I LOVE this show. It is very well done and I enjoy its setting in Vancouver. Flynn and Vega make a good team and I enjoy their relationship. Looking forward to the next season.

Artheart3 October 9, 2014 at 9:33 pm

We loved the show! Something different from all of the Law & Order’s, CSI’s and NCIS’s. I’ve been telling everyone I know to watch it. I guess it didn’t help the ratings. Maybe Hulu or another streaming service could pick it up?

Joan October 8, 2014 at 12:12 pm

loved the show – I hope they renew – it is unique and enjoyable. Too much reality TV and sports – need a good show and this show is good – acting is great

Kristine October 7, 2014 at 8:15 pm

I totally love this show. I love how it goes backward, beginning with the murder. I also love How Lehman plays Flynn-it’s reminiscent of Columbo style. She is witty and tough. Ferreira does a great job as Vega and really balances out the characters. I hope this show goes on for many seasons.

Chas October 6, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I love this show. unique perspective

Lizzz October 4, 2014 at 11:58 pm

I love this show! Trying to figure out the connection between killer and victim is great, good twist from other crime shows.

Fan October 4, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Season 3 please!

vanessa October 4, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Loved the show!

Anonymous October 4, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Please keep show going very good.