Mr. Selfridge: Season Three for Jeremy Piven Drama

mr selfridge season threeJeremy Piven is staying busy. He’s currently filming the Entourage movie which will reunite him with his former TV show castmates Kevin Connolly, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara, Rex Lee, Debi Mazar, and Perrey Reeves.

After that, he’ll reportedly be heading back to London to film the third season of Mr. Selfridge. According to RadioTimes, the show has been renewed by ITV.

Mr. Selfridge revolves around the flamboyant American entrepreneur (Piven) who founded London’s famous Selfridge’s department store in the early part of the 20th century. The rest of the cast includes Frances O’Connor, Aisling Loftus, Katherine Kelly, Gregory Fitoussi, Amanda Abbington and Tom Goodman-Hill.

The second season of eight episodes debuts on PBS on Sunday, March 30th, at 9pm.

What do you think? Do you like Mr. Selfridge? How long do you think the series should run?

Marilyn F. September 19, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I absolutely love Masterpiece’s Mr. Selfridge, and I would love to see it continue. I think that the acting is superb; the costumes very well designed; and the attention paid to the smallest detail, impeccable. I own Seasons 1 and 2, and re-watch them frequently.
I really enjoy how Mr. Piven interprets his role as Harry Selfridge. Of course, his language is different from the Brits, in the series’, because Harry Selfridge was an American from the Midwest. It is great to see a talented, fellow Chicagoan, who is long overdue, triumph in the acting profession. Good luck with Season 3, I’m anxiously looking forward to seeing it. Regards to Mr. Piven and the rest of the excellent cast.

Jennifer H August 25, 2014 at 10:44 pm

I think the show is FAB. You must keep it……..

Deborah Capps July 26, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I have thoroughly enjoyed both season 1 and season 2 of Mr. Selfridge. I also like that it is based on true history. I realize there are probably some ebellishments to make the movie interesting. The scenery, music and plot have been quite enjoyable. There is something about this series that keeps your interest and waiting to see what is coming next. I loved the characters and the way the story played out. I so hope there are more seasons of Mr. Selfridge. The clothing is beautiful and the styles of the era are wonderful. Also the story that plays out in the store is quite enjoyable to watch.

The story outside the store is great. It was so enjoyable and you hate to see it end and I have looked for season three. I bought both season 1 and 2! I plan to buy season three and I hope there are more to follow. It is refreshing to see a great movie that has both history and a wonderful story that continues to keep my interest. I know there are lots of viewers who feel as I do or maybe they haven’t discovered this wonderul movie! My vote is to keep the series going. As long as the story is as good as season 1 and 2, I will continue to watch!

Laura July 22, 2014 at 11:08 am

I just finished watching both seasons of Mr. Selfridge. I loved it. The acting was superb. Rose is one of my favorite characters. I’m hoping Harry finds a doctor who cures her disease. I can’t wait until season 3. I am going to tell all my friends they need to watch this series if they haven’t already.

Gwen Miller July 13, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I love this show. Jeremy and the entire cast are wonderful. I wouldn’t change one thing. I hope the show goes on as long as possible. I would like to see it run the course on Mr. Selfridge life and that of his wife and children. Thank you to the cast. You are so wonderful.

Mike Lewis June 26, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Well at 65 I might not be an expert on acting techniques, but I find Jeremy Pivens performance to be quite interesting. He has an infectious smile, sensitivity, sincerity, and charm. The aggression is there when required, and I think the whole series is excellent. I would love to see him play Isambard Brunel. He has the look of him.

Marilyn M June 26, 2014 at 1:23 am

Although Mr. Piven is a rather wooden actor and his delivery by no means natural or in keeping with the style of speech used in 1915, the overall series is excellent and I hope it continues the history of the store right up to the point of Mr. Selfridge’s death. Other actors are very good, the costuming is gorgeous and the old cars are wonderful! I hope future seasons will adhere closely to the truth of Selfridge’s life, as well, and veer off into fiction only to fill in “color”. This time period was so pivotal for social/cultural change that “Selfridge’s” could be used as classroom instructional material for high school and college students trying to understand the evolution of etiquette between the sexes or various status levels. Fashion students will want to view it frame by frame as will designers of women’s hair styles! As the years pass, I do hope the powers that be will show the evolution of store window display and holiday ornamentation.

Anonymous June 26, 2014 at 7:16 am

There are different types of actors. If Jeremy Piven is not Kiefer Sutherland, who is exceptional in 24, Live Another Day, this does not make Jeremy Piven a wooden actor. In fact, he has been able to convey enormous sensitivity, while witnessing the misfortunes of his store personnel, & in dealing with family issues as well.
As Selfridge’s financial difficulties continue to escalate in the latter years of his life, viewing audiences will be well served, as Jeremy Piven projects a man who just about loses everything.
Selfridge’s, the store, is uniquely suited to display, somewhat like a time machine, the changes in fashion & culture over a span of one hundred years.

K Reed June 16, 2014 at 11:56 pm

I love this show and would like it to continue for a long time. Great characters and I just adore the time period and history. I look forward to season 3 soon!

Vernon Sikes June 15, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Lookin’ forward to season three. You really hooked me with the past episodes. Wouldn’t miss a single one.

Pat R June 11, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I very much enjoyed the series Mr. Selfridge but I’m not sure I would like to see it continue. The last episode ended nicely. I understand the life of the real Mr. Selfridge deteriorated badly after the death of his wife and that he lost the store and died penniless. I don’t think I would want to watch that happen to him.

Connie June 10, 2014 at 4:15 pm

My husband and I love this show! Sunday evening, is something we look forward to weekly.
Please last for many years to come.

Thank you.

Annette Lucht June 2, 2014 at 4:28 pm

All the actors are wonderful and the story is excellent as it uncovers itself.

Please continue this story for another season which I will be waiting for.

Chris K. May 30, 2014 at 3:17 pm

This is the kind of television we long for. The costumes are beautiful as are the sets and the acting superb. A person understands that these kind of shows have to end sometime, but we are really upset when they do. I will probably view Mr. Selfridge over and over. This also includes shows like Downtown Abbey, et al.

chris matalas May 29, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Count me as a person who loves the show and its characters. I really like Polly Walker’s character and hope the writers don’t villanize her any more than the direction its going. I’ve never been a fan of Priven but he is excellent in his portrayal.

Juliet G May 26, 2014 at 12:02 am

Mr. Selfridge is a fine series — fine script, fine storyline, fine actors Please keep it going!