Nashville: ABC Series Renewed for Season Three

Nashville TV show on ABC: season threeIt looked touch and go there for awhile but ABC has now renewed Nashville for a third season of 22 episodes.

The Nashville TV show revolves around a rising country star (Hayden Panettiere) and a legendary superstar (Connie Britton) whose fame is fading. Others in the cast are Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Jonathan Jackson, Chris Carmack, Lennon Stella, and Maisy Stella.

The show was on the bubble for cancellation last season, thanks to lackluster ratings. The numbers have dropped even lower for this season and it’s down by 21% in the demo. Season two of Nashville currently averages a 1.5 rating in the all-important 18-49 demographic with 5.34 million viewers.

It looked likely to be renewed for a third season, despite the low numbers and the high expense of the show’s top talent. However, Nashville is shot in Tennessee and the state recently voted to cut two-thirds of the tax benefits set aside for the show. That made it difficult for Lionsgate and ABC Studios to work out a deal that would work financially.

The show’s now been renewed for season three. Production may have to be moved out of Nashville unless the studios can get some of the tax incentives back.

What do you think? Are you glad that Nashville has been renewed or do you think it should have been cancelled to make way for something new? Should season three be the last?

Bill Cord April 7, 2015 at 11:15 am

Why would Tennessee cut the tax breaks for a show that showcases one of its major cities and the state? If the producers of the show move film locations, it will lose the cameos of major country singers so there is no downside.

There is no upside for Tennessee because they will lose influx of cash spend to film the show in Nashville and the producers will figure out a way to avoid paying taxes to Tennessee.

Patti April 6, 2015 at 11:57 pm

Best show ever…..awesome story line , very real and the music is awesome!!! Please don’t cancel ever.

Paul April 6, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Glad to hear that Nashville has been eneewed, it’s one of the only chancs we gett in tthe Uk to enjoy country music related entertainment, long my it continue

Carrie March 22, 2015 at 11:13 am

I absolutely LOVE this series. It’s refreshing….not another “cop” series!!! It has lots of drama, twists, and turns, and I think it’s awesome! I just hope they don’t kill of Deacon! He should be with Rayna. :)

Anne March 19, 2015 at 7:34 am

Just love this series great music story everything. Waiting for series 3never posted before

Joanne March 17, 2015 at 8:04 pm

I love Nashville!!! Thanks for renewing!!!

allen stanley March 12, 2015 at 5:30 am

You should keep this show for a long time.I am happy that you people are keeping it on for season i love this show and all the characters and all the actors and actresses. Thank You

Betty Zurbuchen March 11, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I look forward each week to enjoy the talent and beautiful music. Finally a good show to watch. Keep it on!!

Joan Espinosa March 12, 2015 at 2:53 pm

I love the show along with the stories and actors. Please continue the show.
I look forward to the show each week and mostly I love the music and the wondeful talent you bring to the show. Joan Espinosa

corrie March 4, 2015 at 11:50 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Nashville!! I never miss an episode. Please don’t cancel!

Diane January 27, 2015 at 2:58 pm

I am glad that ABC left Nashville ran a other session. I hope this show say on for the next 5 years

Melony January 23, 2015 at 1:09 am

Absolutely love Nashville! I watch every episode!

Barbara Hart January 8, 2015 at 2:40 am

I lived in Nashville eight years and was thrilled when the show debuted two years ago. The music is unbelievable-great writing– and It’s so refreshing to have something different on TV other than crime dramas. CSI Topeka can’t be far behind. Nashville is the one show I actually sit down and watch in real time. My only objection is the subplots are spawning subplots. Otherwise, the show’s a keeper!!

shirley December 11, 2014 at 10:44 am

love this show – it needs to stay on

Lynda November 13, 2014 at 10:46 am

this IS A GREAT SHOW….and the cast of Nashville is a great ensemble

love-love-love this show…keep it going ABC