Scandal: 2011-12 Season TV Ratings

Scandal tv show ratingsHere are the ratings for the Scandal TV series — the TV show in which a mesmerizing top crisis manager (Kerry Washington) tries to keep big client secrets. The first season of Scandal typically airs Thursday nights at 10pm on the ABC network.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Missing will be cancelled or renewed for a second season. Check out our ABC ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final season one averages: 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.02 million total viewers.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 05/17/12 (season finale)
2.5 in the demo (+21% episode-to-episode change) with 7.33 million; second in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.01 in the demo with 7.02 million.

Update: Scandal has been renewed for a second season.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 05/10/12
1.9 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 6.43 million; second in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.97 in the demo with 6.97 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 05/03/12
1.9 in the demo (-5% episode-to-episode change) with 6.69 million; second in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.98 in the demo with 7.07 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 04/26/12
2.0 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 6.86 million; second in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.00 in the demo with 7.17 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 04/19/12
2.0 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 7.21 million; first in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.00 in the demo with 7.27 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 04/12/12
2.0 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 7.28 million; first in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.00 in the demo with 7.30 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 04/05/12
2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.33 million total viewers; second in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.00 in the demo with 7.33 million.

It wasn’t a great start for this new Shonda Rhimes series. It lost 29% of the demo from its Grey’s Anatomy lead-in and essentially only matched the demo of the last original episode of Private Practice in the same timeslot from a month ago. With this debut, it’s already on the bubble. If the Scandal can maintain or build on the premiere, it’s got a good chance at survival. If not, it’ll join the list of ABC’s failed dramas of the 2011-12 season.

What do you think? Do you like the Scandal TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Ervin September 19, 2012 at 9:36 am

Awesome! Cast and storyline was very unpredictable. Kept me wanting more as the plot thickens! Awesome!

Patricia August 26, 2012 at 4:50 pm

A outstanding show! Awesome actors & actress (Kerry Washington)! I hope this show is renewed.

Brian CD July 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Please, please, please bring back this scandal on TV. I’m sure i will not survive without knowing how it will end and Kerry is as fine as wine ( the damm expensive one) great story, great actors. You (ABC) have already taken all my other series and I cried inside, but please don’t take this one.

Rosalind July 23, 2012 at 7:39 am

This is the GREATEST show on television. Whatever you do, PLEASE DO NOT cancel this show. I don’t watch much televsion and when I do, it’s usually the news. The first time I saw scandal, I fell in love with it. Kerry Washington is OUTSTANDING along with the other characters. There needs to be a season 2,3,4…. The writing is excellent. I’m so addicted, I brought the DVD. Looking forward to season!

iris July 21, 2012 at 11:51 am

Great show. Just watched the 1st season. Amazing!!!!!!!!

anonymous July 6, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Luv scandal keep,it on please

Anonymous July 3, 2012 at 6:32 pm

You have got to kidding me. Please do not take away a show like this. I mean it’s been a while since I could watch a show with my three year old in the room. This is a great show…..why would you even consider it. The drama and the plots…are great!!!!

Anonymous June 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I loved this show. Please bring it back.

Lynn June 22, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Please please please bring this show back. I’m like the others, I also don’t watch tv much but my husband knows that on Thursdays it’s take out night. When scandal comes on I don’t want any distractors and I’m certainly not gonna be in front of a stove.

Sandie June 7, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I don’t watch much TV but I’ve been on the hook since this show started, please keep it on. I get off work at 9:30 I’m home showered and in front of the TV to watch this show please keep it on.

bw June 7, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I watch ABC only for Modern Family and Scandal

Anonymous June 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I usually do not watch ABC, on to watch Modern Family and Scandal

Mildred Abney June 5, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Love this fast paced smart interesting show. Please bring it back

Anonymous June 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Love this show! Please bring it back!!!

Karen Fullmore June 5, 2012 at 10:16 am

Shonda Rhimes, you go girl I love the show Scandal you could’nt have picked better actresses & actors.And your leading lady Kerry Washington awesome.cant wait until the second season

pam miller June 3, 2012 at 10:00 am

Please bring this show.excellant and fantastic story line .awesome actors .Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!