Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Cartoon Network Series Ending, No Season Three

scooby doo mystery inc endingAnimation producers (and spouses) Allison Abbate and Tony Cervone recently stopped by the Radio Rashy podcast to talk with animation writer/producer Paul Dini and his wife, actress/magician Misty Lee.

A lot of the discussion revolved around Abbate’s work on Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie feature film but Cervone, who’s a supervising producer on Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, mentioned the Cartoon Network series.

Cervone said, “There are 11 shows left that will finish the series off at 52 episodes. I’m not sure when they’re coming back. I never know when they’re coming back. If I had to guess, probably in the summer because it usually airs in the summer. But I can’t wait for these last 11 to get out for people to see them because they’re crazy.”

At 2011’s ComicCon, Cervone and fellow supervising producer Mitch Watson teased that events in the pilot episode would pay off in the 52nd episode. We now know that will be the series finale.

One of the most recent episodes, which aired last fall, featured appearances by classic Hanna-Barbera characters Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Race Bannon, Doctor Benton Quest (Jonny’s scientist dad), and evil Doctor Zin. It turns out that Doctor Quest created the Dog Wonder!

Though Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated won’t be returning for a third season, it’s a safe bet that Scooby and the gang will return soon.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the scho is coming to an end? What would you like to see in the last episode?

Eldritch Pipes October 30, 2014 at 2:12 pm

The Scooby Gang go to Miskatonic University – that would have been the finest moment on TV. Ever.

Carlos sifontes October 30, 2014 at 10:28 am

Please please make a third season you have no idea how amazing and intelligent those two seasons were had me on my toes. I don’t care if it’s a lack of money or what but find a way this is the best cartoon for grown ups !!!

Anonymous October 30, 2014 at 10:05 am

That’s uncool…its the coolest show for families.

M.W. October 26, 2014 at 11:52 am

Dear Creators,

I find it very upsetting that there will not be a third season of scooby doo! Mystery incorporated. Me and my sisters love the show and watch the episodes over and over again on Netflix. I hope that you change your mind and make a third season.

Sincerely,
M.W.

Anonymous October 23, 2014 at 5:13 pm

My wife really loves Scooby-Doo especially this series, I don’t understand why cartoon network cancelled the show. My wife is really bummed out about it, and so am I…………..

CartoonLover44 October 20, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I am really sad that they have decided to cancel the show. It has been an absolute hit with myself and my siblings and has left me with a lot more questions after watching series 2. It will be such a shame to see it go. I have grown up loving Scooby Doo and the gang and this is definitely the best version I have seen. I hope the writers/producers see sense and extend the series.