Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Cartoon Network Series Ending, No Season Three

scooby doo mystery inc endingAnimation producers (and spouses) Allison Abbate and Tony Cervone recently stopped by the Radio Rashy podcast to talk with animation writer/producer Paul Dini and his wife, actress/magician Misty Lee.

A lot of the discussion revolved around Abbate’s work on Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie feature film but Cervone, who’s a supervising producer on Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, mentioned the Cartoon Network series.

Cervone said, “There are 11 shows left that will finish the series off at 52 episodes. I’m not sure when they’re coming back. I never know when they’re coming back. If I had to guess, probably in the summer because it usually airs in the summer. But I can’t wait for these last 11 to get out for people to see them because they’re crazy.”

At 2011′s ComicCon, Cervone and fellow supervising producer Mitch Watson teased that events in the pilot episode would pay off in the 52nd episode. We now know that will be the series finale.

One of the most recent episodes, which aired last fall, featured appearances by classic Hanna-Barbera characters Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Race Bannon, Doctor Benton Quest (Jonny’s scientist dad), and evil Doctor Zin. It turns out that Doctor Quest created the Dog Wonder!

Though Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated won’t be returning for a third season, it’s a safe bet that Scooby and the gang will return soon.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the scho is coming to an end? What would you like to see in the last episode?

Anonymous September 1, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Listen I have been watching it for ever. I have watched ever episode there ever was the old ones the new ones, all of it. Don’t stop it please I want it to go on for ever. Maybe if you just try a little harder to make it go on little longer you would not have all these comments, or you should try to make a new series of Scooby dobby doo. If you do the route of a third season you should should the trip the where about to take on the last episode of season two, or the route of a new series of Scooby dobby doo you should show there life going every where solving mystery, but you should in clued some of the characters from Scooby dobby doo mystery incorporated like Hot Dog Water, Fred’s mom and dad, Mr. E. Maybe Pr. Pericles for some action. I don’t know do something more with Scooby dobby doo.

Killa August 31, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Hi every body I made a petition on this article as the e-mail said, Plz sing my petition It’ll help a lot here’s the link http://www.ipetitions.com we need 1,000 signatures, come on we can do it, search it up on i petitions as
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Cartoon Network Series

THANKS!!!

Anonymous September 1, 2014 at 3:41 pm

You are right we should stand up all of us are you with me

koals55 August 30, 2014 at 3:00 am

In case anyone missed it from an earlier post
sign this petition to get Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated back on the air

koals55 August 30, 2014 at 2:49 am

LOVE this show, the jokes are fast and funny for adults and it stays PG for kids, it hits all ages. The writing, the story line was dramatic and interesting it was my favorite part of the show and of course the artwork was great. I like how they got more into the characters back stories and the supporting cast was just as funny-Sheriff Bronson Stone!! I can’t believe it ended- the same goes for Young Justice, that was a smart show. Cartoon Network kills everything I love! PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!! I also like idea from the comments of starting them in college, and then filling in the gaps as they go along.

mary keegan August 28, 2014 at 7:33 pm

My kids LOVE mystery incorporated. We had to buy the dvds twice because the first set wore out. I grew up with Scooby Doo and the shows from the 1970s and the 1980s were not as well written/funny/clever, etc; as Mystery Incorporated. Please do a season 3.

chris cook August 27, 2014 at 9:05 am

scooby doo mystery incorporated must continue on Scooby Doo in general has been around since 1969 just stoping it is a bad idea granted maby thare is a better show but scooby-doo has been such a hit that even call now full grown adults tend to watch the show I4′m a 19 year old man born december 29th 1994 and I love the show since birth I’m only 1 in example of millions just ending it because the response that you had wanted would be like erasing 40 years of history and pissing off millions of people

Anonymous August 21, 2014 at 1:08 pm

I loved this show! I just finished watching the series on Netflix and I really wish the show would continue. I think it would be awesome to see the series jump into their lives at college, maybe because that’s where I’m at in my own life. Either way, it’d be a shame not to continue!

Tom Brady August 12, 2014 at 1:52 am

You guys should make a third season cuz me e and the bird where too awesome villains what good plans and u guys made the season awesome also the characters all sounded the same and u did a good job on the monsters good job please u should make a third season

Anonymous August 12, 2014 at 1:39 am

I love the show mr e was a sick idea and the parrot is 2 also u guys did awesome on the voices how the characters are and just the show was awesome season 3 would be sick

Anonymous August 11, 2014 at 3:39 am

Please start on Season 3!

Hunter coleman August 7, 2014 at 3:13 am

It’s past time to start back making more shows. The first two seasons are amazing and I would love to see more!!

Richard Porcelli August 5, 2014 at 2:33 pm

My sons and I love the show I wish it would start it up again.

Anonymous August 5, 2014 at 9:34 am

I would like to see a season three I’m a massive schoobydoo fan ik this show wasn’t as popular but I hate to not see what happens with fred

Anonymous August 4, 2014 at 11:34 am