Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Cartoon Network Series Ending, No Season Three

scooby doo mystery inc endingAnimation producers (and spouses) Allison Abbate and Tony Cervone recently stopped by the Radio Rashy podcast to talk with animation writer/producer Paul Dini and his wife, actress/magician Misty Lee.

A lot of the discussion revolved around Abbate’s work on Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie feature film but Cervone, who’s a supervising producer on Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, mentioned the Cartoon Network series.

Cervone said, “There are 11 shows left that will finish the series off at 52 episodes. I’m not sure when they’re coming back. I never know when they’re coming back. If I had to guess, probably in the summer because it usually airs in the summer. But I can’t wait for these last 11 to get out for people to see them because they’re crazy.”

At 2011’s ComicCon, Cervone and fellow supervising producer Mitch Watson teased that events in the pilot episode would pay off in the 52nd episode. We now know that will be the series finale.

One of the most recent episodes, which aired last fall, featured appearances by classic Hanna-Barbera characters Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Race Bannon, Doctor Benton Quest (Jonny’s scientist dad), and evil Doctor Zin. It turns out that Doctor Quest created the Dog Wonder!

Though Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated won’t be returning for a third season, it’s a safe bet that Scooby and the gang will return soon.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the scho is coming to an end? What would you like to see in the last episode?

Canceled and renewed TV show

348 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. George finch says

this is seriously the best show ever it has such a good plot and everything about it is just insane. This is one of the best cartoons of all time!!!!

2. DenverMom says

Please come out with NEW episodes! I’ve grown to show the series watching it with my kids. We’ve followed all season and are dying for something new!!! Please find a way to bring it back. If you could work in paraclease and Cassidy that would be great!!!

3. Anonymous says

MYSTERY INCORPORATED WAS A HUGE PART OF MY LIFE . EVERY MORNING I WOKE UP JUST TO SEE THAT SHOW I WAS SO DEEPLY TOUCHED WITH IT !!!!! TO SEE IT END IS HELLLLLLLLSEASON 3 , NOT PLEASE, I DEMAND!!!!!!

4. Julia says

I’m 17 years old and it’s pretty ridiculous but I am obsessed with this show. I watched season 1 about a year ago and just binge watched season 2 over the course of about two days and now I am finished and I am so sad and I WANT A THIRD SEASON SO BAD. but I know we’ll never get it. They tied the story together sooo well that I can easily see it ending, but then they set it up as though a third season was meant to happen. WHY! Now I am all excited to see them go to a new town on a mystery solving road trip and go to college together and just continue with amazing episodes, but ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! :( So yeah, that’s my rant.

5. says

Ive been through a lot this summer. With my parents fighting a lot. I used to cry to my room and watch tv. The TV show I watched was Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated. Seeing that it ended makes my very sad that it has ended. I am please asking for the cast and the director and creator to please make not just the third season, but to keep on making more to come.

6. Beatriz says

I think that scooby-Doo mystery inc. should not be cancelled because it’s a very good show and a lot of people watched it