Skins: UK Series Cancelled; No Series Eight

Skins canceledThe US version of Skins was cancelled after one 10 episode season on MTV and now the UK original has been axed as well, after seven seasons.

According to The Guardian, Channel 4 has confirmed that the final season will air early next year in the UK. They promise “a celebration of this truly iconic series”.

Created by father-and-son writers Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain, Skins follows the lives of teenagers in Bristol, South West England. It premiered in January 2007 on E4 and attracted 1.4 million viewers. At the time, that was the channel’s second biggest audience (behind Big Brother) for a UK-originated show.

A Channel 4 spokeswoman said, “Skins is a brilliant show which has defined a generation and will go down as a truly iconic, game-changing piece of television but after seven series it is time for E4 to make way for the next generation of the bold, the new and the innovative.”

Here in the states, BBC America aired the first three seasons of Skins, from August 2008 until October 2009.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the original Skins? Do you think it’s time to end the series?

35 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ltu says

Please im from Lithuania and i watch 1,2,3,4,7 seasons, season with cook, effie, freddie, jj and other was osum i like it most, more seasons like that please

2. Kolarryx says

I’m from germany and I watched the complete series of skins. (In english) Please don’t cancel this show!!! It’s amazing! My friends and I love skins!

3. The cold truth says

Those stupid ******* called one million moms had this show cancelled look them up those ******* seriously they had this show cancelled one million moms

4. Anonymous says

They should have the new series with livs sis, cooks brother, freddies sis, thomas brother or sister, emily and katies brother this is what skins season 8 should look like

5. murad jamali says

**** the lot of you! I’m from Pakistan and id rather have myself droned by The Sas than have SKINS shut down. Losing faith in humanity.

6. Brittany says

I was really hoping the news would change. I really loved the series. I cried when Season 2 ended. Was completely a HUGE fan of PANDORA! Loved Liv and Grace. And I cried through that too. But I enjoyed seeing how the characters moved on in the last season. That was truly the best series I have ever followed. Honestly. I have my favorite shows from each season. But I loved how I felt connected with some of the characters. The father/duo should have another go. For old times sakes. Please. Feel the love from New Mexico, USA!!!

7. Kassie says

Boo, don’t cancel this series <3 this show was seriously the bestest show ever. I watched every single season. I'm from Canada and I love this show! This show is a worldwide thing not only in the uk. I'm sure everyone is upset about it ending I know I am. Please, don't end it. Just… Never stop making episodes. Lol.

8. Shane says

I would really like to see the series go on, and give us some more in site in where the other characters are. It has always bugged me that during all the things the Eff was going though that Tony never came to see how she was, and what ever happen to Sid, or JJ, two of my favorite characters. I would really like to see what has happen, maybe a miniseries and/or a movie. I really enjoyed this British show, and because of Skins have tuned to more British shows.

9. says

No i don’t think k skins should be canceled because its an amazing movie it touches you heart the after the first season why should skins leave off at amazing part the detector should tell us more about Tone,Sid,Cassie,jal,Michel,Max and the others what did there life end up like don’t stop and let peeples hang please make a new a 8 one

Please contact my Facebook if you agree at
    Savannah La Fernier
    Thank you or send me and agreement at my Gmail account witch is Savannahlee2063@Gmail.com
    Thanks agin

10. Xavier Traywick says

Im from the us I love this show just finished season 7 they can keep going if stupid as show drake is still on skins should be to

11. Anonymous says

season 7 can be found on project free tv, search it up but be careful it can give your computer virus’