Skins: UK Series Cancelled; No Series Eight

Skins canceledThe US version of Skins was cancelled after one 10 episode season on MTV and now the UK original has been axed as well, after seven seasons.

According to The Guardian, Channel 4 has confirmed that the final season will air early next year in the UK. They promise “a celebration of this truly iconic series”.

Created by father-and-son writers Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain, Skins follows the lives of teenagers in Bristol, South West England. It premiered in January 2007 on E4 and attracted 1.4 million viewers. At the time, that was the channel’s second biggest audience (behind Big Brother) for a UK-originated show.

A Channel 4 spokeswoman said, “Skins is a brilliant show which has defined a generation and will go down as a truly iconic, game-changing piece of television but after seven series it is time for E4 to make way for the next generation of the bold, the new and the innovative.”

Here in the states, BBC America aired the first three seasons of Skins, from August 2008 until October 2009.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the original Skins? Do you think it’s time to end the series?

Brittany September 30, 2014 at 12:19 am

I was really hoping the news would change. I really loved the series. I cried when Season 2 ended. Was completely a HUGE fan of PANDORA! Loved Liv and Grace. And I cried through that too. But I enjoyed seeing how the characters moved on in the last season. That was truly the best series I have ever followed. Honestly. I have my favorite shows from each season. But I loved how I felt connected with some of the characters. The father/duo should have another go. For old times sakes. Please. Feel the love from New Mexico, USA!!!

Anonymous September 23, 2014 at 7:09 pm

there should be season 8 it’s an amazing show and should not be cancelled…

Kassie September 19, 2014 at 7:40 am

Boo, don’t cancel this series <3 this show was seriously the bestest show ever. I watched every single season. I'm from Canada and I love this show! This show is a worldwide thing not only in the uk. I'm sure everyone is upset about it ending I know I am. Please, don't end it. Just… Never stop making episodes. Lol.

Shane September 14, 2014 at 12:18 am

I would really like to see the series go on, and give us some more in site in where the other characters are. It has always bugged me that during all the things the Eff was going though that Tony never came to see how she was, and what ever happen to Sid, or JJ, two of my favorite characters. I would really like to see what has happen, maybe a miniseries and/or a movie. I really enjoyed this British show, and because of Skins have tuned to more British shows.

savannah August 22, 2014 at 3:54 am

No i don’t think k skins should be canceled because its an amazing movie it touches you heart the after the first season why should skins leave off at amazing part the detector should tell us more about Tone,Sid,Cassie,jal,Michel,Max and the others what did there life end up like don’t stop and let peeples hang please make a new a 8 one

Please contact my Facebook if you agree at
Savannah La Fernier
Thank you or send me and agreement at my Gmail account witch is Savannahlee2063@Gmail.com
Thanks agin

Brittany September 30, 2014 at 12:21 am

Heck yes! I want to know too!!!

Xavier Traywick August 19, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Im from the us I love this show just finished season 7 they can keep going if stupid as show drake is still on skins should be to

savannah August 22, 2014 at 4:03 am

I agree

Anonymous June 3, 2014 at 10:27 pm

season 7 can be found on project free tv, search it up but be careful it can give your computer virus’