Officer Craig Bromell has lots of problems. He’s a cop and family man who’s also the head of the police union — and now his show may be cancelled by CBS because of low ratings. The series is produced in Canada and has already been renewed for season two there but very likely won’t be shown in the US.
Remember, the most important thing to CBS and the sponsors is for people to watch the show on their television, while it’s being broadcast. If you like The Bridge and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help keep it going.
- Watch the show each week, preferably live, and encourage others to do the same. You might know a Nielsen family and not even know it.
- Talk about the show with other people; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show gets people interested and helps them stay invested in watching.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via snail-mail to: Ms. Nina Tassler, CBS, 7800 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90039, RE: The Bridge
- Take note of the products that you see advertised consistently during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To 990 Multi Media Entertainment Company, CBS Television Studios, CTV, E1 Entertainment, and Jonsworth Productions:
We, the undersigned, have enjoyed watching The Bridge TV show. Though it currently airs on Saturday nights, we make a point to watch the series and look forward to it each week.
Please find a way to keep The Bridge on the air in the United States. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. If necessary, change its night and time. Please keep it going, either on CBS or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
Image courtesy CBS.
Newer and/or Related Articles
The Bridge: CTV Cancels TV Series, No Season Two
Jan 19, 2011
The Bridge: CBS President Talks About Cancelled Show
Jul 30, 2010
Jul 20, 2010
The Bridge: New CBS Police Drama; Cancel or Keep It?
Jul 12, 2010