The Bridge: Season Two Ratings

The Bridge TV show on FXLast year, The Bridge had a strong start in the ratings but the numbers fell quite a bit over the course of the first season. Will the ratings improve in season two or will they get worse? Will it be renewed for season three or will this FX show be cancelled instead?

The Bridge revolves around the Mexican and American police detectives and their efforts to protect those along the Texas–Chihuahua border. The cast of this crime drama includes Demián Bichir, Diane Kruger, Matthew Lillard, Emily Rios, Ted Levine, and Thomas M. Wright.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

10/21 update: FX has cancelled The Bridge after two seasons.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.11 million total viewers.

For reference: The first season of The Bridge averaged a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.5 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to locate so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Bridge TV show? Do you think that it should be renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

197 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Danny says

One of the best tv series I have seen I awhile. I hope NETFLIX will pick it up, as they did with the Longmire series

2. Anonomous says

This was an awesome show. After the first season I was hooked and couldn’t wait for the second. The problem is finding out when it came back on. The second season was even better, and now we are left hanging, on everything! Please bring this show back! At least for closure!

3. kathy K says

I loved this show. The cast was excellent making the tension seem so real. As a Texan, it was a great portrayal of the border relations. also had great music.
    I can’t believe they won’t try one more season!!!

4. Rose says

This was an extremely well produced program. Its not for everyone but those millions that have watched want it to stay. One program looked forward to watching and it was getting better and better. Don’t leave them sitting on a bench and us not knowing what is happening next. Its like someone burning a book I’m in the middle of.

5. Anonymous says

What a trip you kidding it was 1 of the best shows finally to be on TV for a long time. Please reconsider make a season 3 happen

6. Martin says

What a shame that there is no third season or more.with so much crap on TV nowadays, this show is or was very enjoyable to watch

7. Jody says

Loved The Bridge. The characters were entertaining and I loved the cultural interaction. Story lines were great. My favorite show; recorded if I was not going to be home to watch. Wish you would reconsider your decision.

8. Cynthia says

The Bridge was our favorite show. It was a well written and well acted show that my husband and I could watch together. I especially enjoyed the quirky characters and the twisted story line. Please reconsider canceling a great show enjoyed by intelligent viewers!

• Anonymous says

with all the reality shows on tv why do they have to cancel one of the best shows was looking forwaerd to see the next season very entertaining shows please consider renewing the series and cancel some of the reality crap

• no name says