The Bridge: Season Two Ratings

The Bridge TV show on FXLast year, The Bridge had a strong start in the ratings but the numbers fell quite a bit over the course of the first season. Will the ratings improve in season two or will they get worse? Will it be renewed for season three or will this FX show be cancelled instead?

The Bridge revolves around the Mexican and American police detectives and their efforts to protect those along the Texas–Chihuahua border. The cast of this crime drama includes Demián Bichir, Diane Kruger, Matthew Lillard, Emily Rios, Ted Levine, and Thomas M. Wright.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

10/21 update: FX has cancelled The Bridge after two seasons.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.11 million total viewers.

For reference: The first season of The Bridge averaged a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.5 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to locate so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Bridge TV show? Do you think that it should be renewed for a third season?

Dobe November 27, 2014 at 10:23 am

I agree with previous comments. The show was unique in that it exposed the Narco-Democracy prevalent in Mexican Government and law enforcement. The actors do a great job with playing their characters. Kept us on the edge of our seats (couches). It is a shame FX has decided to cancel the series. The series also exposes the realities of drug trafficking along the southwest border. Please, BRING IT BACK!!!!! Or Netflix, take over.

david hatley November 26, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Please renew the bridge….the story line…characters… drama..we couldn’t wait to DVR and watch every week…please..your viewers are begging…renew!

Lee Selwood November 22, 2014 at 11:44 am

Our cable provider has the FX channel for our viewing pleasure, with a line up of programming that does not disappoint, with such dramas like Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story,The Strain…, and others. The Bridge is at the top that list and to cancel such a well organized drama which engages the viewer, in my opinion, is insane considering all the other useless and mind-numbing reality and talk shows that other networks some how think are “winning programs”. It seems that the target market these days, is aimed to everyone who doesn’t pay for the services provided. Just because some of us who are getting older and do pay the cable service, should not have to be subjected to some else’s thinking as to what is good entertainment.

Cathy November 22, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I sooo agree with Lee. Good drama is so hard to find. The Bridge brought us intrigue, drama, some humor and some tears. Loved seeing Lyle Lovett appearing as a quirky character. If one more “reality” show rears it’s ugly head, I may be forced to just listen to the music stations instead. Come on FX, find your courage and keep The Bridge! There is a strong audience. We count!!

Betty McClanahan November 19, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Our BRIDGE group is trying hard to get someone’s attention. Tweetathon every Tuesday night at 8 PM until fingers bleed. Like so: #SaveTheBridge @tntdrama @netflix @FXNetworks @HuluPlus @ShineAmerica @hulu. (Or anyone else you choose.) Thanks.

Noni November 19, 2014 at 10:49 pm

I am totally disappointed with the cancellation of such a GREAT show. Maybe it was a little too real. I hope another station will pick it up. Or FX will change its decision and as Cathy said give it some promotional exposure.

rhonda November 19, 2014 at 9:28 pm

I will miss this smart and culturally diverse show. It was one of my favs. Please netflix pick it up!

mary peterson November 14, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Why why why!!!!! Please bring it back, or please pick it up on another channel

Sharon November 14, 2014 at 8:47 am

I am so sad that there will be no third season of “The Bridge”. I loved that show. I was on the edge my seat every week. The way season 2 ended really leaves us hanging and it there are a lot of loose ends that need to be tied up. Can you not at least have a few episodes that will tie everything up and give us closure and not leave us just hanging?

Chris November 13, 2014 at 4:16 am

The Bridge was definitely relevant to the thirty something’s, considering all my friends watch it and we even discuss. I’m sure with SOA, and Justified gone they may be stuck on their own bridge to nowhere.

R.I.P The Bridge

P.S Netflix pick that up!!!

Linda Hayes November 13, 2014 at 10:11 am

Too many crap shows are renewed year after year…Despite “age” graphics….I have no understanding of how this happens….I know and am friends with people of all ages…They have no interest in the crappy shows that seem to run the networks….The Bridge, The Killing, and others that are intellectually stimulating and entertaining get sucked into this vortex of cancellation….it is beyond my comprehension……Yes Netflix…Please pick up The Bridge….

Cathy November 10, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Why, why, why!!!!!! I, for one, am sooo tired of the same old crude on TV. The Bridge is absorbing and great drama, come on FX, give it some promotional exposure and keep it on. The best cast I’ve seen in a long, long time. It’s right up there with SOA. GIVE IT A CHANCE.

David Street November 6, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Of course it should not be cancelled. Terrific Chemistry, insightful writing, wonderful acting ensemble and suspenful shows. Wish I had the vocabulary to keep going. Obviously a big disappointment for my wife and I.
Thanks very much for the few seasons. Demographic over 65!!!!!!!!
David S.

Guad November 4, 2014 at 10:59 am

The Bridge is an excellent drama that should be renewed.

Everyone I talk to enjoyed it very much.

I hope another station will pic it up!