The Fosters: Season Two Ratings

The Fosters TV show on ABC Family ratingsEarlier this year, The Fosters lost a lot of ratings steam towards the end of its first season. Will the numbers continue to slip in season two or, will they grow? Will this family drama be cancelled or renewed for a third season instead? Stay tuned!

The Fosters revolves around an interracial lesbian couple who are raising a blended family of foster, biological, and adopted kids in San Diego. The TV show’s cast includes Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, Maia Mitchell, Danny Nucci, and Cierra Ramirez.

Below are the TV show’s ratings, typically the best way to tell if a series will be cancelled or renewed. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress:

1/15 update: The Fosters has been renewed for a third season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.39 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The first season of The Fosters averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.68 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Fosters TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Georgia cairns April 14, 2015 at 5:35 am

bring it back, the show is so good, and besides there’s over one million people who watch it and love it, and even though some people don’t like it they can just not watch it and be happy but the people over one million won’t be happy if it’s canceled, make the viewers happy not the haters !!

tracy April 13, 2015 at 8:06 pm

please bring the fosters back i don’t watch too much t.v. but i always looked forward to watching this

Anonymous April 13, 2015 at 3:23 pm

#RENEW

Anonymous March 26, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Cancel, cancel, cancel.

Susie Martin March 24, 2015 at 12:53 am

Please, please, please renew this show it is OUTSTANDING!

Mary Kelly March 23, 2015 at 11:14 pm

I love The Fosters, please renew it!!!

Catherine Kennedy March 17, 2015 at 12:29 am

I personally hope it gets picked up another season.
It gives a special perspective that hasn’t been aired
Before. I was in foster care growing up and while
My foster parents were not gay it is a reality
Of today that this type of family and problems and triumphs
They show really can exist. I really hope it gets another
Season before any choices Of change are made.

Anna March 16, 2015 at 7:01 pm

The Fosters is an excellent show & I hope it is renewed for many more seasons. And Connor & Jude kissing…what’s the big deal? At least they weren’t snorting cocaine, drinking booze or robbing the local grocery store. Why do people make such a fuss about an innocent kiss but don’t say anything about all the trashy violent shows on tv or showing at the movies? Their darling little angels aren’t going to turn gay just because they saw Connor & Jude kiss!

Lee March 9, 2015 at 10:41 pm

cancel this garbage asap.

JC March 24, 2015 at 11:27 pm

It’s already been renewed for a third season. Feel free to turn the channel!

Yashi March 6, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Love this show!! Can’t get enough. Stef and Lena are great parents and like seeing real problems.

Maria March 5, 2015 at 11:06 pm

In my opinion I think the show sucks! When it first started I was excited to see the next episode I couldn’t wait for it now I don’t even care anymore. The show is just not that good anymore! It doesn’t make sense to me at all. Like I thought the whole point was for Callie to get adopt/finding a good home. She has father that wants to be there for her and she doesn’t give him a chance like if it was his fault her mom didn’t tell him she was pregnant. What happen to Brandon and Callie being in love? Are they not going to be together anymore? There so many unanswered questions. Basically yes the show should be cancel!

Anonymous March 23, 2015 at 11:41 pm

Perhaps you don’t understand the depth of issues surrounding foster and adoption. The writers of this show do!

Bonita Manuel March 2, 2015 at 5:03 pm

I attempted to post early but it didn’t show my opinion of the show is that it is horrible. there was a question that was asked the sad part about it is when one answer the question and it is not the opinion of the ones who claim they are receiving a life lesson from the show then they are attacked viciously. I do not like the show and according to the ratings many do not either many other shows from ABC family what much higher ratings were canceled this one should be as well

Adrianna March 2, 2015 at 9:10 pm

I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT………..DONT LET IT GO YET

Toni March 2, 2015 at 4:58 pm

The sad part about this is there is a questioned asked and if someone disagree the people who claim they are getting a life lesson becomes vicious. I do not like this show and obvious many do not either for the ratings have a drop greatly many shows on ABC family network with counsel for less of a drop this one should be canceled as well

bailey March 10, 2015 at 2:25 pm

I think the show is going to far when they have 2 children THAT THINK THEIR GAY , that sends out bad messages to children and should never be on the family channel . Now I cant let my children watch the family channel because its showed on the commercials two little boys laying on a bed kissing . That is awful , that should not be on the family channel at all , it should be on another and late at night if at all !!

Anonymous March 24, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Have you seen our world today? I do not believe in that but there is way worse things on TV on ABC then two boys kissing