The Fosters: Season Two Ratings

The Fosters TV show on ABC Family ratingsEarlier this year, The Fosters lost a lot of ratings steam towards the end of its first season. Will the numbers continue to slip in season two or, will they grow? Will this family drama be cancelled or renewed for a third season instead? Stay tuned!

The Fosters revolves around an interracial lesbian couple who are raising a blended family of foster, biological, and adopted kids in San Diego. The TV show’s cast includes Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, Maia Mitchell, Danny Nucci, and Cierra Ramirez.

Below are the TV show’s ratings, typically the best way to tell if a series will be cancelled or renewed. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress:

8/19 update: ABC Family hasn’t announced how many episodes are in season two however they have announced there will be an all-new holiday episode in December.

For comparisons: The first season of The Fosters averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.68 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Fosters TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Marylen September 30, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Plllleaaase a season 3 this show is awesome and I love it

Adrianna September 28, 2014 at 7:02 pm

I feel that The Fosters are one of many great series that have aired…….I strongly feel there should be a 3rd season and more.

Anonymous September 27, 2014 at 10:32 am

If it gets cancelled I will not watch anymore abc shows! Ever!

Anonymous September 27, 2014 at 5:19 am

Yes more please.

Gina September 26, 2014 at 11:42 pm

I’m hooked on the fosters, and I really really hope it gets renewed for season 3!!!

Amanda September 24, 2014 at 10:09 am

Definitely come out with Season 3 and many more! I got into this show and a couple more and its killing me waiting for more episodes! End Season 2 with Calley and Brandon making out to keep the suspense and questions.. then come out with many more Seasons!

Ann September 23, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Definitely a Season 3.

Mary in Katy, Texas September 22, 2014 at 5:37 pm

I hope “The Fosters” come back for a third season!! I got into it through Netflix. I really enjoyed it!

Dawanna September 22, 2014 at 6:18 am

I think that fosters is a awesome television show. People can relate to the problems. Its very educational For the viewer’s. This show need to finish season 2 and come back for season 3 Im going to waiting! We all are!!!!

Margarita Sandoval September 20, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Listen, I understand why others might want this show to be cancelled. But this show has inspired me in so many ways. Similar to Callie and Jude, both myself and my younger sister have bounced around from multiple foster homes, and constantly battling our own conscious. Callie has inspired me to love others, and seek new horizons and to keep fighting for you what you lost. Please, please, PLEASE renew the third season, or what will I have to inspire me?