The Fosters: Season Two Ratings

The Fosters TV show on ABC Family ratingsEarlier this year, The Fosters lost a lot of ratings steam towards the end of its first season. Will the numbers continue to slip in season two or, will they grow? Will this family drama be cancelled or renewed for a third season instead? Stay tuned!

The Fosters revolves around an interracial lesbian couple who are raising a blended family of foster, biological, and adopted kids in San Diego. The TV show’s cast includes Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, Maia Mitchell, Danny Nucci, and Cierra Ramirez.

Below are the TV show’s ratings, typically the best way to tell if a series will be cancelled or renewed. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress:

8/19 update: ABC Family hasn’t announced how many episodes are in season two however they have announced there will be an all-new holiday episode in December.

For comparisons: The first season of The Fosters averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.68 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Fosters TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

TL October 13, 2014 at 11:07 pm

I can’t wait for season three! Love how well I an relate to the characters.

Terrilyn Rhyno October 13, 2014 at 11:03 pm

I love this show and am very sad to hear that it may not get a third season. I just spent the weekend watching 2 seasons on Netflix. The writing is amazing!

Anonymous October 12, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Pls don’t cancel this show !! It’s awesome !!!

Betty D. October 12, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I am an older woman and even though many of the situations involve the problems of teens, I can easily relate to this family. The storyline and acting is wonderful. The dialogue and situations are realistic. The episodes tell the real way life happens, it’s challenges and glory, and for younger viewers, there are worthwhile lessons to learn.
Best of all, it highlights the positive things that can happen with a family of unique relationships and shows that family is love and there is plenty of this in the show.
Please don’t take it off the air!

Marko October 12, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I fell in love with this show. i honestly never loved a show this much in my life. this probably sounds weird because its a show but it really connected with me… even though i am not adopted i cant stop myself from feeling like the fosters had a wonderful plot and the cast was excellent… ABC would be crazy not to let such a magnificent show be renewed, not only did i get addicted to this show but it really touched my heart…The Fosters is an amazing show and i will continue to proceed to watch the episodes when they return…

jenn October 12, 2014 at 2:52 pm

I really like this show. It has situations that come up that could very well occur in real life. It’s not easy moving from home to home. And although there is a lot of drama in this show, it’s the kind that gets you hooked. I hope it doesn’t get cancelled. I just watched all two seasons on netflix and can’t wait to find out what happens next.

Brittany D October 11, 2014 at 5:02 am

Also, this show deals with really high school problems and show what it is like being in a bad foster home verses a GREAT foster home. I would have no problem being on this show! Ever!

Brittany D October 11, 2014 at 4:55 am

THIS SHOW !! Is amazing. I love the conflict, the characters, cliffhangers, the love , and the passion that is shown through out the family that you can love someone rather they are blood or not. This show is a reason why gay rights should be legalized it’s not about the gender it’s about the person you love and who you will be happy with. It’s so kind of couples to adopt children who need parents and a home. This show keeps my attention at ALL time and I pray that they will not cancel it.

Anonymous October 11, 2014 at 2:59 am

the show is excellent and should be renewed for atleast another four more seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!