The Goode Family: Comedy Central Gives Hope for Season Two

The Goode Family tv showAfter a lackluster run on ABC, The Goode Family was officially cancelled in August. Now, a few months later, another channel is giving the show a second chance to make good.

An animated series from King of the Hill’s Mike Judge, David Krinsky, and John Altschuler, The Goode Family revolves around a household where too much importance is put on living in a politically-correct way. It features the voices of Judge, Brian Doyle Murray, Dave Herman, Linda Cardellini, and Nancy Carell.

After the show was cancelled by ABC, Krinsky and Altschuler told fans that they hadn’t given up on the series and were working to find a way for it to continue.

Would you watch more of The Goode Family?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

They wrote, “That was our first season. We will let all of you know as soon as we have our new network and time slot… This show has been the most creatively satisfying thing we have ever done and we look forward to continuing it.”

Now, it seems the good news has come through for The Goode Family. According to the show’s Facebook page, the animated sitcom is moving to Comedy Central in January 2010. The plan is to run the original 13 episodes and if they perform well, the cable channel will order a second round of installments.

The creators encourage fans to spread the word and are thankful for the support they’ve received. They wrote, “This second chance is truly a factor of our show attracting passionate and vocal fans.”

What do you think? Are you interested in seeing more of the Goode family? Will you be watching come January?

iain mackenzie March 13, 2010 at 4:13 am

i would watch a 2 season i didnt like this show at first but i relay grow on me same as king of the hill did i am sorry to see that go Mike Judge has a way to make a show that never gets old never gos bad stays average most of the way with some relay very good episodes look back to the 1st season of king of the hill and then how far it went

which is better then the likes of the simpsons, family guy or American dad ect
that with the exception of simsons when bad after the 1st 2-3 season
then kicking off king of the hill for cleven show that makes me so mad

any way i would watch another season of this or king of the hill if theres a chance or i think any thing else Mike Judge would bring out

Phil March 8, 2010 at 8:56 pm

i loved the Goodes, abc just wasn’t a good home for the show, but sadly where i’m from i don’t get comedy central on cable, but i do think it might have been to subtle or maybe even to smart for some viewers! oh and greeny’s its ok to laugh at yourself sometimes (i’m pretty damn green myself by the way)

AW February 5, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I NEEED ANOTHER SEASON!
It took a few episodes to get used to the changes from King Of The Hill, but I LOVE THIS SHOW!
Almost NO ONE watches ABC cartoons except children who would not understand Goode Family. That was the problem. I will watch ANY Mike Judge cartoon. Faithfully…
I didn’t even know this show was on air until the other day, I saw the whole season on my friend’s Tivo and loved it, then I found out it was cancelled!! After learning to know and love the characters, they were RIPPED FROM MY HEART and may never be seen again! just like king of the hill!

andy January 18, 2010 at 3:13 pm

“The Goode Family” — much like “King of the Hill” — was one of those understated cartoons that were better than one might expect. I enjoyed watching the eps that ran on ABC, and I hope that the show does well enough on Comedy Central to warrant a 2nd season!

hiphop8004 January 3, 2010 at 2:23 am

i wanted to watch it when it first came out but i NEVER watch ABC. now i get my chance

Jennifer December 26, 2009 at 8:27 pm

I actually only saw about 3 episodes of the Goode family before it was cancelled as I did not know about it previously. I was extremely disappointed when it was cancelled and I am glad to hear it will be back on the air. I will most definitely be watching.

Homer J December 9, 2009 at 12:58 pm

The Goode Family was a great show and as usual a short sited network cancelled it with out giving it proper support. We will be watching the episodes all over again when they come out on Comedy Central and hope they go for the second season.
I remember reading an article in the NY Times and how the author was offended by the show. They just did not get it, Mike Judge was doing to the liberals what King of the Hill did to conservatives. Funny part was conservatives got the joke and found KOTH to be a funny poke at themselves.
Can’t wait to see this great show all over again.

Anonymous November 26, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I love this show, I watch it over and over again. :) I hope it comes back

Duggmagug November 1, 2009 at 3:30 pm

lets face it, the`re not bringing KOTH back. it had a good run but i think its time to move on. The goode family is pretty much the opposite of KOTH in that its set in the north instead of the south. i loved both this and KOTH, anythig mike judge does should be watched by everyone.

Skysoldier 173 October 29, 2009 at 10:41 am

As if Reno 911 wasn’t a crappy enough show for Comedy Central now they decided to bring back the Goode Family which was just as crappy as King of the Hill.Hopefully, after the network runs the original 13 episodes they’ll realize that the Goode Family was crap and put the Goode Family down this time PERMANTLY.

Ryan January 1, 2010 at 2:34 pm

King of the Hill was awesome (sans the last 2 seasons). I am relatively certain that the reason most do not “get it” so to speak is because they themselves are not from Texas and have never observed some of parodies firsthand.

R.J. Sheedy October 28, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Absolutely i will be watching. I Love this show!!!!

Mathew October 27, 2009 at 10:20 pm

I am not a fan of cartoons that are giving a bad message out to fans.

Paul1963 October 27, 2009 at 9:02 pm

I would watch a 14th season of “King of the Hill,” whose very satisfying finale wouldn’t be invalidated by the show coming back (the 12th-season finale felt like a series finale and it didn’t hurt season 13, after all).

I watched one episode of “The Goode Family” and that was all I needed. I found the characters–ALL OF THEM–irritating. They would have been great foils for Hank Hill for an episode or two, but I just couldn’t see myself watching a series centered around them.

Sam October 27, 2009 at 2:57 pm

They should bring King of the Hill as well…