The Killing: Uncancelled Again, Netflix Orders Season Four

The Killing season threeThe Killing seems to be the luckiest TV show around.

Months after AMC cancelled the crime drama for a second time, Netflix has come to the rescue and picked The Killing up for a fourth and final season of six episodes. Stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman are on board, as is showrunner Veena Sud. AMC is not connected with the new deal.

In a statement, Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix said, “The rich, serialized storytelling in The Killing thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send off… We are looking forward to offering fans — both existing and new — a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing.”

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Killing has been revived for a second time or were you fine with it being cancelled? Will you be watching season four?

25 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Karen E. McConnell says

This series started out so dark and twisted and it kept it up, week after week; so much so that I was not sure I wanted to continue watching it. But, I ultimately got pulled into the lives, good and bad habits of the characters and the family interactions; that I ended up being hooked on it. I want it to go on and develop more scrips and themes, after the earlier ones get solved. I love all the characters and their lives a lot.

2. lisa says

I will get netflix just soI can see the last episodes of this very gritty true to life crime drama, sucks that AMC wont get in on the deal, They have made it neccessary for me to get netflix and now I have no reason to watch AMC anymore.

3. Kay says

I was so happy to see that there were more episodes added even if on Netflix. I love the show! I may watch the entire 4 season again. I have 3 more episodes to go, I dread the end to come.
    Thanks Netflix for taking over!

K

4. says

I REALLY GOT INTO THESE TWO CHARACTERS SARAH AND HOLDER-VERY UNIQUE -THE SUSPENSE WAS SOMETIMES UNBEARABLE UNTIL THE NEXT EPISODE AIRED-I AM SO ECSTATIC IT IS BACK ON-THE FACT THAT THE NETWORK IS CONTINUING THE PROGRAM EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY FOR A FINALE-TELLS ME IT HAS A GREAT NUMBER OF FANS

5. Jim J. says

It’s usually odd for a different outlet to take over a network’s established show for just one final season. I think FX did the same thing with the comedy series “Wilfred”, moving its fourth and final season to FXX.

6. rita says

excellent series. Well-written, well-acted, and well -directed. Not well-advertised! Wish it were renewed for a fifth season. So much better than these sappy reality shows.

• Christine Hudgins says

I love this series and am excited to see 6 episodes but would love it if we could have this series for a couple of years. It’s fantastic. I love it!!!
      Chris

7. says

I’m just thrilled The Killing will be aired ANYWHERE!!! As a matter of fact, I’m keeping my Netflix subscription so I can watch it (along w/House of Cards – which debuted in Feb. & Hemlock Grove – that I hope is back on SOON!)
    Good on ya’ Netflix. You’re the future:))) AMC’s loss is your gain!!!
    Annie

8. says

The Killing is a flawed gem, but still has incredible value. Two seasons really seemed too long to resolve the RL case. This feeling was exacerbated by the expectations set by the show’ s marketing campaign. Too many fans felt betrayed by the season one finale.

One of the ways The Killing distinguishes itself is Kinnaman’s Stephen Holder. Holder is one of my three favorite characters on television, along with Frank Underwood and Rust Cohle. While cops with alcohol or drug problems are common in fiction, Holder’s 12 stepping meth addict ratchets-up the dramatic distrust as Linden’s new partner. His cocky, hip-hop attitude belies the broken man under the surface.
    Additionally, the cinematography portrays lush “Seattle” as emotionally bleak and becomes a character in the drama much like the setting in an Alexander Payne film.