The Mentalist

The MentalistNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 23, 2008 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Simon Baker, Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman, Amanda Righetti, Gregory Itzin and Maxine Bahns

the mentalist past TV show

TV show description:
Patrick Jane (Simon Baker), a consultant with the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI), pays attention to the details. As he stands at a crime scene, he shifts his gaze over the particulars that others often miss and mentally sorts through the information. His surveillance skills have repeatedly helped the CBI solve serious crimes.

He’s well known within the organization for his observation skills, as well as his past scam work when he pretended to be a psychic medium. What his fellow agents don’t know is that Patrick’s intense dedication to solving crimes stems from the losses he’s suffered in his personal life.

Patrick’s crime-solving methods are unconventional to be sure and Senior Agent Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) is opposed to him joining her unit. It’s not always easy for her to admit when Patrick is right but she’s always quick to criticize when he crosses the line.

The other members of her team include Kimball Cho (Tim Kang), Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman), and rookie Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti). They’re all united in their opinion of Patrick. While he is reckless, Patrick is both dedicated and skilled at solving cases. The proof is in the details.

Elva August 16, 2014 at 12:13 am

I absolutely love the Mentalist. It is probably one of the best shows ever and I can’t believe anyone would cancel. There is so much junk on tv and this is such a good show. It is the only crime series where we are entertained and have a few smiles while watching a crime being solved.

Bev Tyler July 28, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Thank you for renewing The Mentalist. It’s one of the few shows that are vampires, reality o syfy. All of the networks have problems with timing. Some of the worst shows for kids to watch come on at 8 and 9:00, then benign shows like The Mentalist and Castle come on 10. Makes no sense. And SVU is all over the place. What’s up with that?

Dee May 12, 2014 at 11:54 am

Please don’t cancel the Mentalist. It is a great show. We will just about stop
watching CBS if you do for lack of good programs. One of your best shows
and you want to cancel it??

Anonymous May 8, 2014 at 11:57 pm

This was their worst season in my opinion. Especially, when they decided to pick the wrong character to be revealed as Red John. For me the character they chose as Red John was weak, especially at the end. I know a lot of fans agreed at other sites as well.
Then with the departure of VanPelt and Rigsby, just ruined it for many faithful fans from what I also read at other sites and I need to agree. So, let them wrap it up already. By doing a 2hr movie to end it the way the fans deserve to see it go out. I can’t personally stand it when shows go on and on and as the years go by, the stories become really boring. Better to do 4 or 5 years and go out on top then wait till the ratings go down and be cancelled. Because I have already invested all these years on this series, I will watch till the bitter end.

TAMMIE May 8, 2014 at 9:56 pm

PLEASE KEEP AND GIVE IT A BETTER AND RELIABLE TIME TO WATCH AND YOU WILL SEE THE RATINGS SOAR AGAIN ITS A GREAT SHOW.

Norm Vance May 9, 2014 at 12:16 am

Cancelling The Mentalist is simply another stupid move by CBS. Placing it in a decent time slot would require some basic intelligence and insight, something CBS programmers obviously do not possess.

0.7674395097590925 May 8, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Don’t cancel the mentalist. It is getting better since the red john case was solved. Time slot is what is hurting that show. You never know when it is going to start because of the Good Wives which is a dumb program.

Maureen May 9, 2014 at 9:03 am

Agree totally that Mentalist should not be cancelled and should be moved to a new day and time slot. Really like the ne, happier Patrick since Red John was killed. But don’t agree that The Good Wife is a dumb show. Quite the contrary, it is well-written with many plot twists. I will continue to watch both shows every Sunday.

Joanne May 5, 2014 at 8:49 am

I love this show! Please DONT cancel! Janes character is really unique and I love the story lines. Can’t believe they are leaving some of those other shows on that have run out of steam. The Mentalist is just getting started.

norm vance April 29, 2014 at 5:02 pm

You idiots, cancel The Mentalist and leave all of that other crap on. Frankly I am down to two shows on CBS. The Mentalist and NCIS WDC. The real problem is, you gave it the worst possible time slot. – Goodbye ?

Eli Gritley April 28, 2014 at 12:55 am

Here is a great way to drive the executives at CBS crazy when they cancel your favorite show. Buy one share of CBS stock and become a pain in the ass about their high salaries and cancellation of your show. Get a proposal on their annual stock holders meeting objecting to the way they run the business.

Does this suggestion mean they will get my boss to fire me or to put me on super secret probation because I dare question the wisdom of the suits who are really afraid of losing their jobs if their recommended shows get poor ratings

Helen April 18, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Please don’t cancel the Mentalist. I tape the show as I never know what time it will start on Sunday night due to sports. Bad night for any show!

Maureen April 16, 2014 at 9:07 am

The Mentalist deserves to be renewed and given a fighting chance in a different time slot on a different day. As everyone knows, during football season, the show doesn’t start until 10:30 p.m. and runs to 11:30 p.m. For those people who must rise early on Monday to get to work, watching the show at this late hour is not attractive. Why not return it to its old time slot—10:oo on Thursday where it worked fine. If it doesn’t perform there, then revisit the cancellation issue. But cancelling this show because of poor ratings on Sunday nights at 10:00 is not fair. Try the Amazing Race at 10:00 on Sundays and see how that does. If it doesn’t do well, then cancel that loser show and leave The Mentalist alone.

Anonymous April 15, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Please do not cancel The Mentalist, we like it a lot!!! Please don’t…

Lloyd. Marker April 14, 2014 at 1:29 pm

I love the mentilist show don’t cancel. But we keep the Jenner bunch,it is real garbage.

C bartholomew March 18, 2014 at 5:12 am

The show is great. I can’t believe it would even be considered to be cancelled. The only thing that would be better is if we could get the CBI back. Please keep it. PLEASE!!!!!

Rachel March 12, 2014 at 7:42 pm

The only thing that hinders The Mentalist’s viewers from watching the episodes is CBS!! They constantly air it late, don’t air it at all w/o any notice, air re-runs mid-season..

I LOVE, love, love The Mentalist – despite all of the hoops I have to jump through to watch it.. Please don’t cancel it!